Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 258 ]  [ Total: 258 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Members Favorite Resorts
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Heading to Cypress Cove Topic Next Topic: Cypress Cove Nudist Resort
Page: of 7

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  08:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellie893

I recently spent a weekend at Terra Cotta with my partner and I was really disappointed. The room we had was shabby with not hint of chic; the so-called "breakfast" consisted of a variety of sticky, sweet cake-things, day-old fruit (except for the bananas which are hard to ruin as long as their skins are left on) ... I will spare you an exhaustive list of the tired offerings that were proferred as breakfast, all of which were set out in a room with a constantly opening and closing door - I rather felt that by the close of the breakfast hour, one might actually be able to acquire some dried fruit. I also noted a plate of butter upon which the butter pats had simply melted together - I hope the management has good insurance. The grounds, what there were of them, were pretty and well-maintained but there was an "enclosed" (as opposed to "private" or "intimate" feeling about the setting. Finally, one rather got the feeling that the owners played "favourites" and as newcomers we did not feel particularly welcome. This feeling was exacerbated when I was summoned unexpectedly back to my home town over a work-related crisis and I had to cut my stay short. When our situation became apparent to the management at TC, my companion was told that once I left, he was no longer welcome because he/we were no longer "a couple" and his presence, without me, would make other guest uncomfortable, and so he had to leave, despite the fact that during our stay, he had spent most of his time in our room, working (he's a writer) and probably no more than a couple of hours at the pool. We were quiet guests, undemanding, requiring nothing much more than complete anonymity. In my view, asking my partner to leave because I had been called away, amounts to discrimination. Besides all of the above, the Terra Cotta Inn seems to appeal to a pretty boring crowd of people.

Eliie, Welcome to these boards/forums. Did you tell the Management about your dissatisfaction with breakfast the first day you were there? Since they opened a number of years ago, I've never heard anything bad about the place. It is a couples-only resort; it advertises as such. This means NO SINGLES, male or female. Couples are pampered, if there's something you needed, you should have asked rather than keep silent and complain on a message board that would do no good.

Getting back on topic, we know what resort you don't like, what is your favorite?
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 08/22/2005 08:30:33 AM

Big Tim
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  12:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Big Tim an AOL message  Send Big Tim an ICQ Message  Send Big Tim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't been on these boards regularly for quite some time...life just got in the way. In fact, we haven't really participated in any nude recreation, either, but planning to get back to it now that things have calmed a bit. I work from home now and get to spend most of my days nude...very enjoyable! Anyways, was wondering about any recent visitors to Family Nudist Resorts in Florida. Any recent trip reports?? My dear wife will only visit a family-friendly resort, so I want to be sure that is where we go. The only one we have been to is Sunsport Gardens, which we really enjoyed, even though it's a bit rustic.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Visiting Haulover Beach? Join our Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hauloverfriends

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2005 :  10:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all:

By no means have I visited them all but I can say I went to - - this summer:

http://www.- -resort.com/index.html

- - has the best facilities hands down...

Awesome pools, everything is first rate, and well maintained, good food, and I got to skate, play basketball, water aerobics, tennis and walk nude which I love to do. The dance/disco area is fun for sure, I even got some nude salsa lessons from my water aerobics teacher when it started to rain...:)

It is like a 4 or 5 star hotel, but then nude. It is in a big contrast to many nudist places that tend to be a bit rustic.

- - is a hip new generations style of resort, I hope it is the start of a trend.

Do bring your platinum card though..it has first class pricing.

I would certainly recommend that if you have a chance to visit - -.

Have fun. :)

Streakingskater.

Aileenmorris

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  08:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
found this website for a Byron bay resort, looks really nice ....

Luxury Accommodation Byron Bay | Accommodation byron bay

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  2:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since my first post ... we've visited several other clubs and resorts. One of those that is now on our favorites list is ...

Laguna Del Sol in Wilton, CA

What a nice place and now that we own a motorhome ... we'll be going back up there for a long weekend to visit.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  7:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rock Haven in Murfreesboro TN is among our favorite resorts. We attended the world record skinny dip this year and really enjoyed the place.

Day fees are only $30 per couple.

Diger

rkitek
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  12:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I've only been to two resorts, it makes it easy to put them in order:
1. Club Orient
2. Turtle Lake Resort, Union City, Mich.

mark85304
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2013 :  11:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

Since my first post ... we've visited several other clubs and resorts. One of those that is now on our favorites list is ...

What a nice place and now that we own a motorhome ... we'll be going back up there for a long weekend to visit.

Prof, check out Mira Vista Resort in Tucson, AZ. The same folks own it as do Laguna Del Sol. My wife and I spent last weekend there and we are going back this weekend.

Mark & Rose

--
Feel the sun warm your skin when there's nothing between you and the sun.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2013 :  12:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lake Como in florida

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2013 :  01:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark85304

quote:

Prof, check out Mira Vista Resort in Tucson, AZ. The same folks own it as do Laguna Del Sol. My wife and I spent last weekend there and we are going back this weekend.

Mark & Rose

--

Are there RV hook ups at MV? If not ... is there someplace for me to park my RV, on the property?

I know that our group of nudist friends have talked about going to different places during our annual gatherings and MV is one of the places on our list.

I just need to have the option of taking the motorhome to take off and go elsewhere after we part and they head for home.

mark85304
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2013 :  09:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Are there RV hook ups at MV? If not ... is there someplace for me to park my RV, on the property?

I know that our group of nudist friends have talked about going to different places during our annual gatherings and MV is one of the places on our list.

I just need to have the option of taking the motorhome to take off and go elsewhere after we part and they head for home.

There are 5 RV sites on-site with full hookups & 50 amps. However, there are lots of RV parks in the Tucson area from 13 to 35 miles away. It all depends on what you want. My wife and I are going back to MV this weekend and I am going to check out the RV park that is 13 miles north. I'll check out the parking the RV on-site & "dry camping" as well.

Mira Vista Resort is no where the size of Laguna Del Sol, but the owners are making improvements, building condos, and making it a premier facility, at least in Arizona.

--

Edited by - mark85304 on 10/03/2013 09:27:44 AM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2013 :  6:35:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mark,
I appreciate the info and any info you find out on your next trip. I'd rather dry camp on the property then park the RV someplace else that is textile. Our whole point of going from place to place is to find nude clubs or resorts to use as our base and then unhook the tow car and do some sightseeing.

I'll have to remember that there are only 5 RV full hookup sites. Make sure I get a reservation in when we visit.

Thanks for the info!

FP

mark85304
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  10:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, here's the scoop on RVs at Mira Vista in Tucson. There are only 5 RV spots with full hookups (Water, electric, sewer) and two tent/trailer spaces with electric only. They can accommodate "dry camping" on the property, but larger units may need to be located someplace else on the property. They can and will accommodate us even if their RV sites are full. In my case I asked about using generators and they said just let them know and they would locate us where the generators would not disturb others. Bottom line: Mira Vista will work with us on dry camping. It is always best to talk with them on the phone ahead of time so they can plan and possibly get you into an RV spot if there is a cancellation.

--

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  12:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mira Vista and Laguna del Sol are both first class operations. We also like the Palms Springs resorts and DeAnza. Want to vist Olive Dell next...

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  09:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mark,

Very much appreciate the info on MV. We have friends that are moving to TX and we will undoubtedly take a trip to go visit them ... frequently. When we do, I know we'll want to take some side trips going and coming home. MV has been on our list of places we want to visit. Kills to birds with one stone ... so to speak.

Thanks again!

We've visited Laguna del Sol and really loved the place. Our next visit will be in our motor home and hopefully we'll stay several days instead of just a couple. In Palm Springs ... we call Terra Cotta Inn our home away from home. We have visited DS many, many times and stayed there as well but have not returned since the new owners and name change. Living Waters Spa is nice but had not cared for the male owner. His wife is very nice and had it not been for her, we probably would have left. We have not returned to LWS since.

DeAnza ... I love the place but the Prof isn't into "rustic." hahaha She really likes the naked hiking and we will undoubtedly return for more naked hiking and take the RV to satisfy her comfort needs. Olive Dell ... we don't go as often as I'd like. I really like OD but again ... it's rustic in my wife's eyes but they are making improvements that I think my wife will enjoy it more in the future. I love the people there. We have partaken in the 3 of the 4 Nude 5K races there. We missed the 3 Annual because of foot surgery. I enjoy just going for the day and talking with all the people. I wish we were members there but are members at GE.

Edited by - FireProf on 10/09/2013 09:26:09 AM

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Heading to Cypress Cove Topic Next Topic: Cypress Cove Nudist Resort  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved