Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 473 ]  [ Total: 473 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Members Favorite Resorts
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Heading to Cypress Cove Topic Next Topic: Cypress Cove Nudist Resort
Page: of 7

Nudesuncpl
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  6:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh, at the risk of being censored and banned forever, I'd love to know what resort StreakingSkater named.

While on the subject, I thought it was only fascist, totalitarian governments that censored people. I always thought that we, free-thinking, freedom-loving nudists were free to express opinions, even if they were not acceptable to the "official policy." So what happened to us?

It's kind of funny how history repeats itself. The Puritans left England for "religious freedom" and once they got to the "new land" impose religious beliefs on everyone else. And enforced it by burning people alive.

For the record, I'm not supporting or opposing C---te Resort, I'm only expressing my displeasure with this silliness of blanking out certain words.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Seems to me that's the kind of thinking that forged our Nation.

Note to Administrator: Go ahead and censor this message. It will prove to me (and perhaps others) that you, too, are nothing but a Fascist it unclothed clothing!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  9:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's really quite simple ... Admin doesn't want himself or this site implicated in ANY issues brought forth by said resorts for speaking negatively about them. This site is privately owned and as I have been told, years ago by another nudist website owner, "there's no such thing as "Free Speech" on "MY" website!"

Ya see ... a while back, and I could be wrong, there was some pretty heated exchange of posts about a couple of resorts and it actually got pretty ugly. So much for being able to speak "freely" amongst said nudist "adults!" So ... I think Admin decided to keep this site outta the mud slinging business and not allow anyone to post the names of said resorts. Many of us know what DS means and C is for the resort in FL. We just agree not to use their names.

Lets face it ... we all have our "favorite" resorts and when someone comes on here and speaks negatively about our favorite place ... we can get defensive and that's normal but ... NRO decided to keep the names --- "to protect the innocent!" - Dragnet

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 10/09/2013 10:01:07 PM

Nudesuncpl
Forum Member

Posted - 10/10/2013 :  07:38:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good answer, but poor logic. Admin is killing a mosquito with a sledgehammer. Why not simply rule, "Civility at all times -- negative comments and mudslinging will not be tolerated."

I understand how Board can get ugly; that's why I generally do not engage in them. But it seems to me we can get rid of the ugliness without impacting free speech, especially when we are impacting it in such a juvenile manner.

It seems to me if we "all know what DS and C stand for," the uglies can still sling their mud if they choose, and just substitute letters for words. If there's going to be a ban on anything, let it be on the thing Admin wants to ban -- not on words.

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2013 :  3:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Turtle Lake in Michigan. Have met really cool people there. One day next summer we may try a different one a day trip. When we get married next year we are going to work a day around our Disney honey moon in Florida and vist one.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2013 :  8:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Sequoians are my favorite place. It's easy to get to, and it's close by. It's tucked away in a small canyon, not far from the east side of the Bay Area, in California. It's much more friendly than others I have been to, somewhat nearby.

One thing I love about it is their kitchen. I can make lunch there. That is a luxury. There are regulars that I know there, and that makes me feel more at home, as compared to other nearby resorst.

Another nudist resort (I'm not saying the name)has custormer who are highly clique-ish. Not very welcoming, especially with well-mannered single men. I've had people really hassle me there, for no explicable reason - even physically shoving me out of their favorite part of the swimming pool. Really obnoxious folks. And single men are thought to be inappropriate at a nudist resort? Go figure. I learned when I was four years old, while playing in the sandbox, not to shove people around. It's all about simply being grown up, when it comes to social behavior.

Never had that happen to me at the Sequoians. They're really great people there. I highly recommend them, especially for the first time nudist. Their resort is owned by the people who use it, and are paying members. This was the resort I went to for my formal nudist initiation. It was very easy to make that transition for me, and I'm sure for other folks who want to try it for first time.

The Sequoians also have Saturday eve potluck dinners. Another nice touch. They're relatively great when it comes to group activities.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Edited by - Warmskin on 10/26/2013 8:07:07 PM

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2013 :  8:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are possible legal implications if someone condemns a certain nudist resort. Some nudist resort owners might read complaints as an official statement by the Administrator, because he allowed a negative comment to become public. Also, someone could slander a resort, say false things about a certain resort.

It is well that we simply know that not all is paradise in the nudist "industry." Some resorts might want to do better, once they know things are not all what they could be. Perhaps it's best to air out your complaints with a specific resort manager. Large numbers of complaints are more likely to get the action you seek.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

giannab

Posted - 07/18/2014 :  4:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am an emerald member of Hidden Beach in Riviera Maya...if anyone is looking to get the lower member rates with more inclusives...contact me gborell21@gmail.com Seperately , i am a travel agent as well for any other travel needs

NorthEastUSA
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2014 :  09:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit NorthEastUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We really like,
Cypress Cove
Ceder creek
White Tail
Rock Haven Lodge

http://naturistfamily.net/forum/

SailingBare
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2014 :  1:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Solair in Woodstock CT-,pool, beach, lake etc and Edun Lake in Naples FL- just a pool but great people.

iamacanadian
Forum Member

Posted - 01/01/2015 :  6:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Send iamacanadian a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My favourite resort is Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park in Sharon Ontario Canada, about an hour north of Toronto. It is a traditional naturist resort catering mainly to families and couples, but is singles friendly.

It is a well run establishment with a salt water pool, man made lake with a beach, a year round club house with a restaurant and patio, two saunas, large downstairs lounge and TV room, workout room, convenience store and office.

The staff are all required to be nude which creates an equality with members and daily guests. Very amenable and relaxed atmosphere as a result.

I joined as a member after two visits, as I was immensely impressed, and am now in my third year.

I have been to other nudist venues, and I am most impressed with Bare Oaks.
-Dan

MTBnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  04:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say my favorits Avalon in WV and Beechwood Lodge in PA

I was born naked, so I'm staying naked :)
Blessed Be!!
Derek

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  4:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought I'd clarify the inclusion policy here at NRO, and how I have been drawn to decide what can be published here and what is ultimately harmful.

The purpose of this site is to grow the nudist industry through increased public awareness of our nudist resorts. It is helpful that members express their viewpoints on various nudist issues, so newbies can get a sense of the type of people they should expect to encounter when visiting our destinations. Public opinion of what nudism represents will then improve, with a resulting increase in revenue for nudist resorts.

There are a few problems with this approach. In our culture, we have a wicked stepsister, which would be more properly termed swinging. Both cultures gravitate to places where nudity is allowed. With traditional nudist culture having a hard enough time gaining market acceptance, packaging it with its rival culture, lifestyle swinging, can render it nearly impossible.

I'm sure many would disagree with me. Some would say, "Any resort that wants to encourage wife swapping and related sexual activities should be allowed to do as they wish. It's all good for nudism in general." Or alternately, "Any resort that wants to project nudism as a twisted activity, or something unsafe for children should retain the full support of our community."

That may be true for some, but I'm coming from a marketing background, and this site was originally conceived as a form of marketing assistance to our nudist resorts and clubs. So I've had to decide what's in and what's outside of our group. It's not an easy decision.

In general, if the establishment of a resort can clearly be shown to be engaging in activities that, in the long run, are harmful to these values and the health of the nudist industry, they are banned from these pages. I will not provide comfort and assistance to those that destroy us.

It's important that the world in general know the difference between traditional nudists and those who are using nudism as a vehicle for a sexual culture. Without that separation, we cannot expect any of our true nudist resorts to attract new customers. The message becomes too confused, and ripe for exploitation.

The suggestion was made that I banned certain resorts because of the arguments in the forums. While camaraderie is a high standard here, the underlying reasons have been much deeper. And while the possible liability of hosting content detrimental to a business is a concern, the solution is elegant: simply declare it off topic if it's not nudism.

In this way swinger resorts and those damaging our reputations as nudists will not see these pages turned into gripe fests (free advertising) for their agendas.

That's why some words and resort names are replaced by the 'bad word filter' on this site. It's a reminder that I need your help to keep this forum on topic. It's not that I'm just averse to argumentative discourse, or lawsuits.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  5:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Club Orient is our favorite resort out of the country. The Terra Cotta Inn is our favorite resort in the US. So far ... Laguna Del Sol is our favorite club. There are other places, here in the states, that are near and dear to our hearts but those are our favs. Beaches ... though we've been to many, it's difficult to pick just one but if we had to ... it would be our nude beach, San Onofre State Beach, Trail 6. It's been taken away and we haven't been for a few years but I keep hearing that the fight to get it back isn't over.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

iamacanadian
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2015 :  8:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Send iamacanadian a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park in Sharon Ontario Canada: www.bareoaks.ca Traditional naturist resort, very relaxed, well trained staff, private lake, saltwater pool clubhouse with restaurant, convenience store. Beautiful grounds, great facility.What's not to like!Great place to be naked!

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2015 :  05:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have visited, White Thorn, Green Valley, Lake Como and a couple other smaller ones. But our favorite is Cypress Cove

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Heading to Cypress Cove Topic Next Topic: Cypress Cove Nudist Resort  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.37 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved