Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 459 ]  [ Total: 459 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  7:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we are on the same page Schroder. You are right, he is both intriguing and annoying at once, if thats possible. I've seen him talk about people that do the same thing he does, sit there and use binoculars. Either it's acceptable by everyone, or not a good idea, period. You just struck up a good question. Are tents allowed at all on any beaches, both on Sandy Hook, and other shore towns? I can never recall seeing one at the other beaches I've visited over the years. The same goes for wind screens, which I still have NOT figured out what use they provide. I am sure both would be complained about loudly on any beach in NJ, and the owners be told to take them down. Maybe thats what needs to be done at Gunnison, also.

rhody11
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  9:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BareNJ and Schroder: I think I know who you're talking about and have to agree - both intriguing and annoying - depending on what day you catch him lol

On the tent and windscreen issue; I've been to beaches in DE and RI this year and have noticed more and more tents and other similar structures. I was at two different beaches in DE this summer and saw everything from canopies on four poles to tents to umbrellas. Same thing in RI.

These things seem to be gaining in popularity; I just don't remember this type of stuff at beaches growing up. Now... I have to admit, I have a small quarter-round tent tent type shield that I sometimes bring to the beach; but I've never brought it to the Hook. I usually take it when I have the kids; it offers a little extra protection from the sun than say a beach umbrella. It's also relatively small.

Rhody11

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  02:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wild stab in the dark here...But is he 55-ish,spectacularly fat,able to remember every rock concert he ever attended in the 70's,and to expound upon them all at bullhorn volume?

That guy is just another regular to avoid,if you're looking to hear the surf crash on the sand vs. a nuanced account of the first time he saw Mott the Hoople play in Jersey.

And the place is chock-full of blowhards like him.Every day.Apparently,they make a living just getting naked and talking too much.Thankfully,the entire beach is open now,and a quiet area is only a mere mile or two south from these buffoons.(Provided they are downwind.)

I agree with you guys about the windscreens that are routinely set up near the water for no apparent reason on hot days.

Yes,there are times when you need one to stay comfortable,but there is no reason to obstruct others' views as a result.That's inconsiderate,at best.If one desires privacy,please note that the entire strand of Gunnison is now open for use,and it's easily a mile long.

Gotta say,though,that my if years there have proven anything to me,that would be how profoundly clueless people are in general.

Case in point:I went to the snack-truck this very day,and the NPS had posted a sign just in front of it,the veracity of which the young lady working the counter confirmed...

The sign read:"*SORRY*.WE WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT MONEY STORED IN THE RECTUM".

True story,incredibly.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 08/05/2011 03:35:53 AM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  10:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems like we have all been close to him at some point, or at least within a mile of his annoyingly loud laugh. Fishman, he seems to recall everything in his life, not just concerts, and has an opinion on every issue there is in the world. Actually got a break last week, he was not there one day. My girl and I actually heard the waves crash from where we set up. Was the most pleasant day of the week. Remember also, that the majority of the people that set up along the shore line, could care less about anyone or anything behind them. They all seem to be part of one clique or another, and dont care how much room they take up, much less taking away the view of the ocean. I honestly feel that at some point something will be done, because the right person will be offended and take action. Lastly, I can only guess what end of the beach people that store money in their rectum set up. What I want to know is, how can you tell if it has been stored there? LOL

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  02:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
(First thing that struck me when I saw that sign was:will they accept a credit card..?)

Edited by - Fishman81 on 08/06/2011 02:24:19 AM

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  07:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Windscreens. What is up with all the stupid windscreens? My wife and I go to the beach to enjoy the view of the beach, ocean and yes people watch. On our last visit to the beach we were enjoying our beautiful view of the ocean waves when some clueless couple parks themselves right in front of us and begins to hammer in their giant windscreen. Instead of our ocean view we were left with nothing but a view of the back of their windscreen. It was shaped in a C so of course they gave themselves a nice view. The beach is there to be enjoyed by all. If someone feels the need to bring a windscreen they should be considerate of others and set up to the back of the beach. We are thinking of bringing a sign to post behind us that reads something like "Windscreens block everyones view" I hope someone besides us will have the balls to post a sign too. We don't know any other way to get the message out that windscreens really affect the ability of others to enjoy the beach.

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  12:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

is he 55-ish,spectacularly fat,able to remember every rock concert he ever attended in the 70's,and to expound upon them all at bullhorn volume?

You nailed it Fishman. I'll mention one more thing and then I'll sign off about him. Last summer there was a couple near me who got annoyed with him and it was because of the noise he and his entourage were making (especially their loud music). They complained to the lifeguard who then walked back on the beach and told them to keep it down. Soon afterward the truck pulled up not far behind the party and kept watch on them. I think the lesson is that if he, or anyone else is doing something really annoying, open up about it. Depending what it is you might get some relief and so will other people in the vicinity. Probably better to contact rangers and leave the lifeguards to focus on their task at hand. Same deal with tents and windscreens. I'm sure there will be no action on that, but people might begin by informing them; just letting rangers know in a polite way how annoying it is becoming. Maybe suggest a rule of keeping them a certain distance back on the beach.

The problem with the tainted currency - that's such a horrible story that it's hard to believe it's true, but I assume it is. We all want to be good, helpful citizens at Gunnison, so just a thought - maybe if you can put a nice tip in their jar with a little note attached explaining that it's for the extra trouble they had to deal with this summer.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  3:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You raise a great question, Schroder. Who would be the ones making the rules, and final decisions about them, at Gunnison, and all of Sandy Hook? It certainly wouldn't be one of the rangers, or the person in charge of them. My guess, and thats all it is, is the higher ups of the National Park Service. I'm all for contacting that person or people. I raised the question of tents and windscreens to a group on FB, and the majority feel the same as most of us do. One had the audacity to say she uses a windscreen for privacy and to keep the gawkers away. I responded back about how thats silly, they can easily just look over the top of them. Then she said well it's only 18 inches high. Any height is too high in my opinion. Need privacy, stay home.

yankeefan0322

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  5:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am fed up with the windscreens. The have a place on the beach: In March, April, when there is a reason to block the wind. I sit a good distance from the water to avoid them but you still have to maneuver around them to get to the ocean. Which brings me to our frat boys that make all the noise. The group is led by the binocular guy, who is only intriguing if you figure that guys that look like him are generally quiet due to their portly physique. He seems to go toward the ocean during the week but finds his way back to my area during the weekend.
His main function is to get to the beach early and set up a reserved area about the size of a football field. He does this by putting up multiple windscreens and towels. He will rudely put a wall up directly in your face if you are not an underage girl. His frat party is rounded out by an old guy with a safari type hat and another older guy that wears a NJ Devils hat backwards to attempt to remove about 40 years from his age. His job is to pass out beads like in New Orleans. The safari hat guy's job is to snap photos of young girls. A couple of other overage, overweight 'New Jersey Shore' types round out the frat squad by wandering the beach to coax young girls to join the party. He also uses a blond woman to scout out girls. They wander around looking for underage girls to party with them. There have been some that were obviously less than 21 and unable to stand by the end of the drinking day.
Though it is fun to listen to this blowhard spout out about all the knowledge of humanity, there is a danger to our beach. I've watched his team ensnare lots of young girls to his hovel. Generally, age 21 is the high end cutoff. They ply them with copious amounts of alcohol and then the cameras come out. Some naive girls leave with them. It's only a matter of time before some minor is on the news stating that she was abused at 'the nude beach' and then we'll have a federal investigation. Suddenly, lone wolf masturbators will seem quaint in comparison.

clamdigger50

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  04:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been away from NJ for a while but from 1982 until 2005 I was considered a "Regular" at Gunnison. It is desturbing to hear about the crowd that is stalking (yes, that's the word) young girls for photo ops, alcohol use and who knows what else. What they are doing is illegal in NJ and the rangers can call in the local police to enforce local law. The best course for anyone that is concerned about this behavior is to stop at the Visitors Center and obtain the phone numbers of the chief ranger and the park superintendent. Make an appointment to visit with these people and present your concerns. That is the way that it used to be done. The problem with the tents and windscreens is never ending but about ten years ago there was a rule that no screens or tents were allowed East of the lifeguard stands. Maybe that rule could be reinstated. It is always the case that a few ruin a good thing for the many. I wish you luck.

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  08:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as the lifeguards need a good view of the ocean they also should have a clear view of the beach. Windscreens and tents impede their view and prevents the lifeguards and rangers from seeing any unacceptable behavior. Umbrellas and sunscreen provide sufficient sun protection. They should ban those stupid windscreens and tents for the safety and well being of others who want to enjoy a safe and relaxing environment.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  12:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, yankeefan, tell us how you really feel and don't hold back. LOL You do seem to have him pegged to a tee right down to his covert actions. Maybe he's using those binoculars to scope out unsuspecting girls as they walk towards the shoreline. And, spot on again, he sets up near the water on weekdays, and further back on weekends. I saw him invite a group of 4 young hispanic ladies to set up in front of him one day 2 weeks ago. His line was "great water front property available right here, ladies". They rejected his offer and set up where they had picked. Shows you might be closer to being right than wrong with your assesment of his and his gangs actions. I will say, however, that I have never seen any of them take pics, and have seen him confront some guys behaving badly. I always chose to sit as far away as possible, preferably out of hearing range.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  02:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yankeefan certainly has this guy's number,except that I'm not sure that the girls are necessarily underage.(I'm thinking that they are barely legal for the most part,and just hang out with him for the sake of the free drinks.)

It would be a public service to print out the last couple of pages on here,and give them to him to read,just so he realizes how annoying he is to so many people...But probably there's no point in that;there's no guarantee that he'd give a #@it anyway.

leesa123
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  12:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all my Gunnison friends!
Great to be back on the forum. Didn't know I was missed:)
Just wanted to tell everyone, I made it to Gunnison last week. The weather was beautiful:)
Ran into my buddy Fisherman and his lovely friend. Drinks and Cottage talk next time?

Hope everyone is well and basking in the suns warmth soon.
Missed you guys:)!

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  10:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a great day at Gunnison yesterday. Was there by 8:45, and the beach was filling up fast. Have to say, our famous loud mouth friend was pretty quiet, especially considering the crowd that gathered in the area he and his buddies set up. Looks like as we wind down the summer, everyone is trying to get those last few days of all over tanning. A good mix of people, age wise. The water has never been this calm in all my years of going to the Jersey shore. I am still dumb founded by how little waves there are, and the temp. was very nice. Going to try to sneak in a day of two during the week, and a few Sundays til the weather makes it hard to be outdoors nude.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.53 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved