Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 138 ]  [ Total: 138 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  01:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As of Thursday last,the southern area was still closed,and North Beach was closed as well,in the vicinity of Gunnison...Apparently,the plovers are especially busy this year.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  06:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate those birds! A couple a years ago I was into running, and my favorite was to run from Gunnison to the point up north. And then the birds wanted to do their birdie thing. And that closed off Gunnison to a very short beach! There's nothing like running 3 miles on a beach with the ocean a few steps away. But hey, I had my fun while it lasted.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  4:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We'll be down all week, and hope the sun will be also. Just not in the triple digits, please. LOL I'll give a full report when we get back. I can't imagine what it was like with 100+ degree temps. I tried it once, and scorched my feet on the sand. Plus, all those folks that like to hog the whole shore line with their group mentality and wind screens, make it nearly impossible to set up close to the water. I still say, you need a wind screen for privacy, go to the back of the beach, so us that enjoy nature, can do just that, with a view.

kacinpa
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  8:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we ended up taking WAY less time to get to Gunnison this morning than every before. It is usually a 2 + hr ride and we did it in an hour and a half. So no worries about parking as we got there before 8:00. The Plovers are apparently still doing their thing!

We had a great time, it wasn't as crowded as we expected, with the shortened beach front. The water was great, a nice refreshing change from the moderate heat...but not bone chilling as it can sometimes be.

All in all we had a great day.

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2011 :  9:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Leesa. Long time no hear. Glad to see you come back here. I thought you gave up on Gunnison. We got a season pass and have gone every weekend in July. We even brought the kids, and we will be going many more weekends. Seems like a younger crowd is starting to find the beach. The kids have fun........................ To answer your question we have never stayed at the B&B places (too expensive)

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2011 :  03:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

I hate those birds! A couple a years ago I was into running, and my favorite was to run from Gunnison to the point up north. And then the birds wanted to do their birdie thing. And that closed off Gunnison to a very short beach! There's nothing like running 3 miles on a beach with the ocean a few steps away. But hey, I had my fun while it lasted.

I like to run south there,all the way to Fishing Beach and back.Usually,you have the sand pretty much to yourself when you do that.It's a really nice run.

I am all for protecting the piping plovers' nests,but they'd be fine if people stayed more or less within the high-tide mark on the beach.(No shorebird in his right mind would nest that close to the surf.)

Probably,the NPS has considered it's options,as far as that goes...Guess they don't trust the drunken Gunnison crowd to follow the rules,should they liberalize them.

Go figger!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/26/2011 03:37:05 AM

kacinpa
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2011 :  07:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

[quote]
Probably,the NPS has considered it's options,as far as that goes...Guess they don't trust the drunken Gunnison crowd to follow the rules,should they liberalize them.

I can't say I fault them on that.

On Sunday one idiot had to go set up their chair 15 feet past the barrier in the restricted area.

About noon time or so a group of 20 somethings sowed up and set up near us. What had been a fairly quiet area with everyone keeping things fairly quiet turned into too loud music and shouted conversation once they broke out a gallon of vodka.

I am all for moderate enjoyment of the beverage of your choice while enjoying the beach. But you really don't need to get "hammered" to enjoy yourself at Gunnison.

Edited by - kacinpa on 07/26/2011 07:28:24 AM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  02:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I hear ya,sister..!

As I've gotten a little more saavy about the place,I've developed a strategy as far as selecting a spot to plop down.

We scope-out the place carefully for the people with large encampments who appear to swilling mixed-drinks from red plastic cups(the red plastic cups seem to be significant),and listen for the hated radios spewing obnoxious pop music...Then,we set up as far away from all of that as possible.

Even then,there's no guarantee that we won't be moving at some point,which we often find ourselves doing.And,while this sounds like an old-fogey rant,we often find that the worst noise-offenders are older Peter Pan guys with boom-boxes...More than not,the most quiet and pleasant neighbors we have are young couples who are so interested in each other that they don't feel any need to attract attention via noise,or to strike up a specious conversation just for the sake of getting a better look at a female in their general area.

It's a beautiful place to be,and most of the people there are considerate,but it's kinda ironic that the older "regulars"-including the FOG crew-are the ones that remind me of why I quit going to Seaside Heights after I hit 30...Most of that particular crowd are every bit as clueless as a typical 14 year-old.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  08:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Hey Leesa. Long time no hear. Glad to see you come back here. I thought you gave up on Gunnison. We got a season pass and have gone every weekend in July. We even brought the kids, and we will be going many more weekends. Seems like a younger crowd is starting to find the beach. The kids have fun........................ To answer your question we have never stayed at the B&B places (too expensive)

Glad to see you brought the kids. We ADULTS worry too much. The children don't much care, nude or not. By the time you set up, they have seen so many naked people that mommy and daddy don't count. Gunnison is C/O so you can bring the kids in a swimsuit, if they want to take it off, thats fine. The US ParkService Police tend to watch the few kids at Gunnison very carefully, as do most of the regulars. I doubt there is a safer beach for children anywhere. I know many of the members here enjoy Gunnison because of the lack of childen but, a few won't hurt. Esp because a guy with a camera anywhere near a nude child is in trouble.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  02:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree completely.

Seeing heedless kids having a great time on the beach is refreshing;it reminds me of how much fun swimming in the surf was for me at that age.(And how little that fun has changed,even to this day.)

Just having families on that beach also tends to curb the baser tendencies of some of the drunken regulars,too...People tend to be a little more circumspect there when there are children around.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2011 :  11:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey gang, we just got back from a week at Gunnison, and had a super time. The weather was perfect, except for Fri. Cloudy and possibility of rain gave us the chance to explore the whole park, plus a ride up to the Twin Lights. Some quick observations: the only day the beach was busy was Sat., which kind of surprised me given the great weather most of the week. I have to agree that the beach is starting to attract a younger crowd, who do behave better than some of the regulars. Had a young couple set up in front of us, and never heard a word out of them except when they started talking to us. Not sure why you have to start downing beers at 9:30 A.M., and talk a volume so loud, I can hear you over 50 yards away (I am talking about a regular thats there almost daily, a very loud know it all). I will say, this is the calmest I have ever seen the water, barely a wave on Sat. May have been the most well behaved crowds in all the time I have been going. A few pervs making their clothed rounds, but nothing more than that. Can someone explain to me why anyone would stay on the beach past daylight? Took a ride one night to see if anyone was there, and out comes a couple from the bathroom area after 9 P.M. Can't imagine that walk to the parking lot in the dark. LOL Once again, a great experience, and looking forward to my weekend trips back down. BareNJ

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  1:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and the wife went to Gunnison yesterday. The lot filled up before 10am, so I had to drive a little further.

Anyways, wifey made me promise to comment on all the windscreens yesterday. So here goes... there was NO WIND on Sunday 7/31/11. WHY did this clique have a giant navy blue windscreen up? It cut off views of half the beach and the people. To the left of us, 2 women set up another windscreen, this one was so close we could touch it.

And what's up with all the stupid tents? Take all that crap to the woods. The MOST you should have on the beach is an umbrella. With all that plastic around us, we felt like we were laying in a vacant lot and not the beach. Where was the water? I don't know, we couldn't see it. Big as it is, because of all of the store bought nonsense people bring to the beach. Some people are really over doing it. If you have some of these offending items, I hope you are offended.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  1:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you 100%, palmer. My girl and I spent all last week there, and couldn't believe people setting up tents right in the middle of the crowd. Between them and all those windscreens, it makes it seem less like a beach. I had to laugh a few times. I saw people go thru the trouble of hammering their windscreen poles in, then push the fabric down as far as they could. Why even bother setting it up then? Tents should be banned all together, between the amount of space they take up, and the views they take away. I watched someone take at least 30 minutes putting a tent up, and spent maybe 15 minutes total for the day in it. Aren't you at the beach to get sun? At some point, I think something HAS to be done to get rid of both these bothersome contraptions.

rhody11
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  9:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was down there on Saturday too! I made it to the parking lot about 9:30 or so and seems as if I got there just in time; I think it might have closed shortly after. The beach was packed and it seemed as if there might have been more screens and tents than usual. I was there with my blanket and my book.

Rhody11

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  7:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

Not sure why you have to start downing beers at 9:30 A.M., and talk a volume so loud, I can hear you over 50 yards away (I am talking about a regular thats there almost daily, a very loud know it all).

BareNJGuy,

I think I have a good idea about which loud mouthed character you are speaking. There is such a fellow whom I've wondered about for a few years. He arrives early and watches the entrance area with binoculars so that he can be aware of everyone who comes for the day. He's there flapping his mouth both on weekends and week days. I would have a few choice words to label him with, but beyond that I must say that I find this guy to be intriguing as well. There are some issues about him that beg for answers.

And I totally agree with remarks about the tents. I doubt they would ever be outlawed, but if enough people begin to complain maybe they would make a rule about setting them up a certain number of yards behind the lifeguards?

Edited by - Schroder on 08/04/2011 7:37:47 PM

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved