Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 466 ]  [ Total: 466 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

GunnisonSurfer

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  06:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There were a few summers in the late 90's where NPS put up 4x4 marker poles on the beach about 15 yards back from the high tide mark. Windscreens were not permitted in between the water and the posts.

That needs to be done again.

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  10:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GunnisonSurfer

There were a few summers in the late 90's where NPS put up 4x4 marker poles on the beach about 15 yards back from the high tide mark. Windscreens were not permitted in between the water and the posts.

I'm pondering the idea of collecting signatures on a petition to keep tents and windscreens a certain distance back on the beach. There are pros and cons to that idea and you need to know where to ultimately deliver the petition - to someone with authority so it has a chance of doing some good. We would stand a better chance of being heard if we presented them with hundreds of signatures. For now it's just another thought on the topic. Anyone think it's worth pursuing?

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  12:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might be worth the effort, Schroder. It's not like you are trying to ban them, just keep them back so we all can see the ocean. When I arrived Saturday, there had to be at least a dozen windscreens within 50 yards of me, and that was by 9:00. Plus, a huge tent set up almost in the middle of the beach. Then, along comes a couple, and set up both a tent and 3 windscreens, and it was just the 2 of them all day. And, this was right next to the life guard station. Thats way out of line for only 2 people. Later, another couple comes, and set up a screen thats about 3 feet high, then blow up 2 air mattresses. Yet, neither of them layed on one for very long. At least they asked the people behind them if it was ok. Lets get it all moved back to a certain distance, so we all can enjoy the beach.

Edited by - BARENJGUY33 on 08/16/2011 7:59:15 PM

clamdigger50

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  04:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Schroder

quote:
Originally posted by GunnisonSurfer

I'm pondering the idea of collecting signatures on a petition to keep tents and windscreens a certain distance back on the beach. There are pros and cons to that idea and you need to know where to ultimately deliver the petition - to someone with authority so it has a chance of doing some good. We would stand a better chance of being heard if we presented them with hundreds of signatures. For now it's just another thought on the topic. Anyone think it's worth pursuing?

clamdigger50

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  05:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the past I have found the park superintendant quite responsive to one or two individuals making an appointment to chat about problems on Gunnison. Stop at the visitors center and obtain his phone number. When you call you will reach his secretary but you will be able to make an appointment to visit. Take a petition if you wish to have back up. Address the issue as one of safety, if you can't see the water the lifeguards can't see the shoreline and someone in trouble could get missed. I'm not sure who the current super is but over the years, all have been responsive to safety issues. You might also mention adults enticing underage girls to drink. That one bothers me a lot - actions such as that could lead to Gunnison being shut down or severly policed. Nudity is usually the first activity to be prohibited.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  12:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey gang, just read this in the local paper this morning. The NPS, which runs Sandy Hook, is considering doubling the entrance fees for next summer. So, daily fees will be $20, but can be used on consecutive days, and the season pass will be $100. Not sure when the final decision will be made regarding this, but they haven't raised the fee for as long as I have been going, which is about 15 years. Guess time catches up to everything, money and cost wise. The one positive from this may be the cutting down of pervs, gawkers, and the annoying people that show up for one day, and never come back. Now, if only they charge by the foot for those that use windscreens. LOL

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  01:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The casual pervs and gawkers will just have to wait until 5:01 to get in free,but I promise you that the career-gawkers will pay whatever they have to for access.

There is scarcely a foot of sand in NJ that is free to use anymore...Thus,Sandy Hook is a bargain at $10 for a carload,but not a steal,all things considered.

I would object to an increase in price of 100%.The NPS has to be making money hand-over-fist as it is...$15/day,$75/season is more reasonable,albeit still a bit greedy.No way in the world that place is losing money if it's being managed anything close to competently.

I'd sign on to the wind-screen restrictions,too,even though I've unwittingly contributed to the problem in the past,when the sea breeze came up unexpectedly.In the future,I'll move back when it gets chilly enough to use one.

What I would really love to see is a "no radio without ear-bud" rule.We select a spot based primarily on the absence of s%@*y pop-music within earshot,and damned if 30 minutes later,we don't have 3 radios blaring equally-annoying drivel encircling us..!

What is so awful about hearing only the music of the water and birds at the beach?I don't get it.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 08/20/2011 01:48:20 AM

leesa123
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  10:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The casual pervs and gawkers will just have to wait until 5:01 to get in free,but I promise you that the career-gawkers will pay whatever they have to for access..fisherman

I agree with fisherman, the perverts, gawkers, and nervy people are'nt nessarrily penniless, and starving. However. These people are the MAIN reason for my windscreen.
If I place it close to the water, there's less of a chance for theses intruders setting up in front of me to blatanly gawk at me. Is there a better way? C'mon, a little help? Ideas? I hate having to hide behind a screen, but do I have a choice?

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  2:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Leesa take the screen down and make some friends. There is always safety in numbers.

Diger

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  11:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leesa123

These people are the MAIN reason for my windscreen. If I place it close to the water, there's less of a chance for theses intruders setting up in front of me to blatanly gawk at me. Is there a better way? C'mon, a little help? Ideas? I hate having to hide behind a screen, but do I have a choice?

I understand how you feel about that Leesa.

One of the reasons why these jerks continue to do what they do is because few people ever confront them. I hear women complain about them after they move on, but it seems nobody ever puts them on the hot seat. If someone is ogling you my suggestion is put some clothing back on then walk right up to him and give him a piece of your mind. Let him know that you're not happy about what he is doing. Be vocal about it so that others in the area know what you're doing - that will embarrass him all the more. Good chance he'll disappear and leave you alone. I've often wondered why women (and couples) don't ever seem to do that - more people should start doing it. Embarrass them enough and they will turn into sheepish little puppy dogs and become less of a nuisance.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  01:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
(What he said...)

Granted,there exists a God-given right for people to look at other people in public places,but we all know that there are certain unspoken limits pertaining to that right,as well.

My personal distance depends on the conditions.If it's really crowded,maybe 8-10 feet will suffice as "respectable",and if the folks are few and far between,we're talking probably 20-30 feet.

If some loser stumbles closer than that for the obvious purpose of getting an eyeful of my companion,I'll bolt from my chair or blanket and point out that he's not fooling anyone with his transparent ruse,that it's a big beach,etc...And,I do so in a rather loud voice.

It works.In fact,not even once has it failed me.The little weenies scuttle off like hermit crabs,never to return.(Honest to God,there several several regular gawkers there who avoid me like the plague whenever they see me,and have done so for years now.It's nice!)

I agree with Schroder that if more of us spoke up,those guys might just stay home and masturbate,rather than to be repeatedly chastised in public...But I very rarely hear anyone say a thing to discourage them.

Too bad!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 08/21/2011 12:16:10 PM

Psycho K
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  3:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hoping to visit Gunnison this week or early September. It will be the first time me and my friends have gone. We're hoping to get driven (one of my friend's parents), but if not, we might go via public transit; most of us (me included) are coming from NYC. We're aiming for a weekday to avoid the weekend crowds.

The last time I went to a clothing-optional beach, it was warmer (at least 90 F). Does low 80 F weather take a little getting used to (especially the water)? I hear a volleyball net is always up. Is it often available? We're not that good at volleyball, so we're wondering if that net is often used by regulars so we can decide whether or not we'll bother bringing a ball. After the beach, we'll probably want to get some food, but since we're unfamiliar with the area, will it be relatively easy to find somewhere to eat?

rhody11
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  9:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to admit, I'm torn between Diger and Leesa. The screen seems like a necessity to ward off gawkers, but my girlfriend and I enjoy mingling with like-minded people who happend to walk by or set up in the area next to us.

Like Leesa, we try and set up close to the water hoping that there is safety in numbers. This weekend however, we tried to get as close to the water as we could, got there around 9:30, and by 10 three guys had set up around us. Two of them were on either side of our blanket. They must have been within an arm's reach of us but weren't there long. The third guy was about 10 feet in front of us, in a chair under an umbrella and dressed. He turned his chair sideways and kept staring back at us. We were locked in a staring contest when I positioned myself between his sight line of my girlfriend and he finally left.

It was enough to make us want to put up the screen we brought, but we didn't because there were a few couples near us we were chatting with off and on... as well as a few singles. We really enjoy that aspect of Gunnison; it's always nice to meet people.

At the end of the dsy we left the screen down and enjoyed some causual conversation with some nieghbors while trying to avoid the gawkers.

Rhody11

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  02:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rhody,try this:when some obvious gawker parks his fat posterior too close,position yourself directly between him and your female companion's genitals,right in his line of sight,then bend over and rummage around in your beach-bag for like 20 minutes,positioning your hirsute split ham right in his face all the while...(And mutter "Where is that pesky sunscreen?" off and on.)

Doesn't always work,but it certainly is fun!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  6:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
rhody,

Don't be afraid about confronting these pervs like Schroder said, if you embarrass them they will scurry off like the rats they are. Try taking your camera over and taking their picture and say it's for your pervs of Gunnison web page. If that don't put them on the run I don't know what would. LOL

Diger

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.62 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved