Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 432 ]  [ Total: 432 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

lilslip33

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  3:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

I usually avoid Gunnison on weekends, but if I do go, it's on a Saturday, as I know the traffic won't be as bad as it would be on a Sunday.

I feel like Saturday and Sunday would be almost equal in terms of traffic since both are on weekend and people don't have work or school. Have you found it to be less crowded on Saturday than Sunday? If thats the case, maybe I'll try to make it on a Saturday the next weekend I go down. Unfortunately I didn't make it Gunnison over memorial weekend by the way, but thank you njynankee60 and barenjguy33 for your help.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  4:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always glad to help, lils. The beach itself will be crowded both days. I was talking more about traffic on the Parkway and Route 36. Since people usually go down for the weekend, the traffic is lighter at the end of the day on Saturday than Sunday, when everyone is heading home to start the new week. Been a few years since I last went on a Sunday, but it was very crowded, so I did leave even earlier than I wanted. But, that was also when the bridge was being worked on. Good luck with your trip to Gunnison, what ever day you choose. I hoping for a stop down this coming week, and probably on Saturday, also.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  07:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were down on gunnison on tuesday and thursday. both days got there early. On thursday morning, the bugs were almost unbearable. thankfully, the wind shifted about 1030. Beach was crowded, most people i have seen in a long time. alot of clothed bathers also,clothed beaches might have been full. we left around 3 and noticed the lot to be almost full also. still deciding if we are going today.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  11:53:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, njyankee, a crowded beach this early in the season on a weekday has to be a rarity. I've seen it mobbed on Sundays, but usually a good sized crowd on weekdays. Of course, the heat made it so everyone wanted to be near the water, clothed or bare. Trust me, if I could have, I would have taken the bare route, like I always do. Might go tomorrow, and will definately make it down one day next week. See you there, and see you bare, BareNJ

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  10:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was also hot as Hades Thursday, so I'm not surprised people were out. I'm heading there this Thursday. First time I've been able all season.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2011 :  07:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back to work this week, so as long as the weather is good, we will be there Wednesday.

chemprof

Posted - 06/11/2011 :  9:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I will be there this coming Wednesday. Supposed to be a beautiful day. This will be our second time at Gunnison. We were there two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Anyone on the list going to be there this Wednesday, June 15th?

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  09:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and I will be there unless something comes up. We usually get there around 930 and stay until 2

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  1:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping to make it down either Wed. or Thur., depending on how busy I get this week. If things really work out, I'll be there both days. LOL Got everything I need, except the time so far. Looks to be a great beach day on Wed. so hope to catch some sun, and meet a few new faces. BareNJ

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  4:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW, WHAT A DAY!!! Near perfect beach weather, great crowd, and no issues. Started off the season with nothing but a relaxing day, and plenty of sun. Even took a nice long dip, even though it is below normal temps. Just wish they would extend that new beach mat that leads out from the bathrooms about another 100 feet. That has to be the roughest sand on the whole beach, and seems to get very hot. If every day turns out like this, I'll be one happy nudist camper. Next trip will be one day next week, and maybe even next Saturday. Let me know if you're going to be there. See you there, and see you bare. BareNJ

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  9:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news to hear. The mat is a lifesaver especially when you are dragging a wheeleez full of beach stuff. We were on our way this morning when we noticed a loud grinding noise coming from the back of the truck. I got off the parkway and drove the side roads to my mechanic, turns out the wheel bearings in one tire "blew up". We were lucky the wheel didnt break off. We spent the day chilling in our backyard.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/16/2011 :  10:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a bummer, njyankee. You missed one of the top beach days so far. Well, at least you got to spend a day like that outdoors. I was wondering if you were there among the crowd. I am hoping that they open the beach up wider, once the summer season goes into full swing. It seemed rather tight to me, just one life guard stand open for both the nude and clothed sections. Plus, not being able to go for a long walk in either direction with the beach being closed at the north and south ends. And, was it me, or did the dunes in the back seem more open and sandy? There had to be at least 8 tents or windscreens set up back there, some among the dunes. I wont speculate as to what was going on. Well, hopefully, I get there at least twice next week. See you there, BareNJ

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 06/16/2011 :  7:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have the south area roped off for the piping clover nesting grounds.I think by mid july that area will be opened up again. The several times we have been down this year, there has only been 1 lifeguard stand. Even on that Thursday when it was completely packed on the beach. I will keep in touch if we are heading down on Wednesday

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/16/2011 :  10:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally got down there today. The water was COLD! Also, having usually been to Gunnison on weekends before, the place seemed dead. It was so quiet.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2011 :  02:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I follow the water temps pretty closely,and the numbers have been squirrely this year.

It was reportedly 72 or so over Memorial Day,and 69 yesterday.Both figures are well above average for the dates.(Maybe the runoff from the river was the reason..?I think the temp buoy is at the mouth of the Shrewsbury.)

Anyhoo,am going to head down on Monday,and hope the water is tolerable.It's just not right to go to the beach without bobbing in the waves.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.57 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved