Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 166 ]  [ Total: 166 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  08:48:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This weather is starting to become a big teaser. Anyone make it down to Gunnison yet? I was going to try on Saturday, but the weather made that idea a very bad one. Glad to see the temps climbing into the 60's and 70's. Means a short time 'til we all hit the beach sans clothes.

rhody11
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  2:23:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't agree with you more. I find myself checking the weather on a daily basis trying to find a nice day. I can put up with mid-70s after the winter we've had. It would be nice to get in a few good days before summer comes

Rhody11

GunnisonSurfer

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  8:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wind is key this time of year. If the wind is east, northeast or southeast and above 10MPH it's going to be chilly at the beach. Wind off the water is a big factor.

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  9:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm checking the weather constantly too.

Problem is, all my free days, the weather has been crappy. Tomorrow's supposed to be great! Too bad I have to work :(

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  11:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like there might be a hint of beach weather this weekend. If I can get time off, I'm going down to at least pick up my season pass. That way, come Memorial Day weekend, I can just zoom thru the gates and get to the beach. The countdown has begun, and the season is close. Lets go, summer, get here. lol

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  3:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and I went down early this morning. Unfortunately, even though it was sunny and somewhat warm in union county, the hook was completely cloud covered and windy. We decided to just walk the bike trails for about an hour before finally giving in and heading home. It felt great to be there even though we didnt set up on the beach. We did see a few braves souls on the beach(about 20 cars in lot g) and talked to a couple who tried but gave up after a while.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  8:40:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, kind of a downer, njyankee. I was thinking of being there today, but was fortunate enough to be outdoors doing something else I enjoy, playing golf. The weather up in Sussex county was great, and even got some color. What was even better, I stayed away from sand the entire 18 holes. LOL Still, I am counting the days til I am relaxing on the other sand in my chair, with nothing on but my ball cap and sunscreen. Stay bare, and see you there this summer, BareNJ

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  05:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like the weather is finally cooperating starting this weekend. We are planning on being there Wednesday as it is my day off from work.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  6:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, didnt make it down today. Weather was perfect but other stuff popped up. Anyone from the board make it down today. I wont have another chance until wednesday again.

lilslip33

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  10:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How busy/crowded do you think Gunnison will be on Memorial Day monday the 30th? I'm planning to come down and staying for memorial day weekend and I wanted to know how early I should get there before the parking lot fills, if it will fill up at all. Unfortunately, I'm only going to have 1 day off to hit the beach during my 3 day stay in NJ; which day during memorial weekend is Gunnison most popular/crowded: Saturday, Sunday, or Monday? Hows the crowd been in the past during memorial day?

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  06:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I try and stay away weekends and holidays. It usually is very crowded. I would get there very early and plan on leaving before 2 or 3, or you may have over an hour wait leaving the hook. However, they finished the bridge construction, so hopefully that will lessen some of the traffic build-up.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  10:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not only would you have to deal with the crowd at Gunnison on Monday, you'd be dealing with traffic all over as everyone heads home from the 3 day Holiday weekend. I'm like njyankee, I usually avoid Gunnison on weekends, but if I do go, it's on a Saturday, as I know the traffic won't be as bad as it would be on a Sunday. Getting there by 9 A.M. is always a safe bet for finding a parking spot in lot G. Leaving by 2 or 3 probably gets you out ahead of the crowd at Sandy Hook overall, also. Enjoy it if you go lils, my plans got changed to head down, so I'll make a trip during the week.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  4:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FINALLY!!!! made it to lot g by 9am. When we got to the beach, there were only about a half dozen people. Boy, don't know how much you miss it til you get back. It was a gorgeous day. We left around 2pm, by than there had to be 100 or so people there. We met some old friends and made a few new ones. Looking forward to many more clothe free beach days!!

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  2:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got to love those early morning arrivals, when you can pick whatever spot suits you, njyankee. I usually am there by 9 as well, and enjoy kicking back and relaxing before the crowds arrive. I am hoping to make it there one day next week, and definately next Sat. Been calling my name since the heat wave hit, and I've been patiently waiting. AHHHHH, got to love this time of year.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  09:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Planning on going on monday again

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.42 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved