Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 172 ]  [ Total: 172 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2011 :  08:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishman, you would have been disappointed Wed. if you were there. The water was the calmest I can ever remember it being, even going back to my childhood down in Wildwood. Once you got past your waist, you could just float with no distractions at all. There were some little breakers as you approached the shore line, but that was it. Also, it was very clear, I could see my feet as far out as I went. I can't give a guess about the water temp., but there were plenty of people in on Wed. Glad you made it down, NJ, it was a very quiet crowd Wed. also, but a good size. Might be because it's really not summer yet, and people are saving days off til then. Glad to see the posts are starting to rise in numbers. See you there soon, BareNJ

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  09:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those temps seem higher than what it actually was. You could be right that it's river runoff, or maybe I'm just a Weenie:)

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  7:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know what the water temp was today but it wasn't too bad...cold...but it didn't take long to get used to it. Some good waves. I like it calmer, but my wife liked the waves. Nice day today, good crowd.

GunnisonSurfer

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  8:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This buoy is a pretty good proxy for water temps at sandy hook. The water is in the low to mid sixties. it will be high sixties by end of the month.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44025

i was in the water today for close to 2 hours at gunnison, but i had a wet suit on. :-)

Edited by - GunnisonSurfer on 06/18/2011 8:39:06 PM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  08:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres to hoping the forecast is wrong, and we dont get the predicted thunderstorms either Wed. or Thur. I'd like another day during the week to unwind at Guunnison, before I start my weekend trips, and have to deal with the larger crowds. And, for all of us, WELCOME SUMMER 2011!!!!!

ChuckG

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  07:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re-closing the south end of the beach for the birds, most years it has been closed until mid-August. Bummer, since that's a great walk!

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  01:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Made it down Monday through Wednesday.The crowds were sparse-perhaps owing to the falsely dire forecasts-but the weather was nice for nearly all of the first two days,and at least 4 afternoon hours of the third.

And yes,the water is unseasonably warm.I won't say it was 76,as reported on the NOAA site,but it was easily over 70.The swimming was very pleasant,despite the lack of intimidating waves!

The roving gawkers were rather few and far between,too,which was nice since I brought along a first-timer.I spotted a couple of the regular losers there,but they weren't really a problem this time;my companion didn't even notice them.Seems that that generation of Looky Lou is getting too old to wander the sand all day long,or perhaps some of them died-off during the winter..?

Got my season pass and am looking forward to another fine summer of becoming as brown as a roasted chicken.Might even brave the crowds(?) on the 4th again!

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  1:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice post, Fishman. Can't believe how calm the water has been. Of course, the weather up here more than makes up for that. lol We just got hammered again with a storm, and looks like another one is on the way. I might take a ride down tomorrow, even for an hour or two. My day last week was pretty much gawker free. Maybe the time has come, and we can just be relaxed and not have to deal with the losers that make the beach uncomfortable.

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  5:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's interesting that you say the gawkers are getting too old, now. I supposed it's good if it's true, but is this not a thing for younger generations? Why do you suppose that might be?

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  02:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good question.

While I don't have the answer,I might speculate that mere nudity is far less of a novelty to the younger generations than it is to the older ones.The current media is saturated with nudity compared to how it was,say,30 years ago.(It's not as though the under-40 crowd ever had to look at National Geographic to see naked women,as grandpa did!)

Certainly there are still young men who go there just to look,usually clothed from head to toe,and often from sexually-repressed places like India,Pakistan,and Central America.Those parts of the world that are pretty-much like 1950's America in terms of body-consciousness.

But,as far as the American-born voyeurs go,the vast majority seem to be north of 40...Usually WAY north!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 06/25/2011 02:25:06 AM

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  9:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fully-clothed people have always baffled me. Sometimes makes me wish nudity was required at Gunnison.

rhody11
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  9:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with you NJorthehwy. My girlfrined and I were down there over the Memorial Day weekend. The gawkers didn't seem so bad that weekend, but it was also early in the season. We usually try and set up near a larger group or other couples and close to the water away from gawkers.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  02:48:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NJortheHwy

The fully-clothed people have always baffled me. Sometimes makes me wish nudity was required at Gunnison.

Couldn't agree more,on some level,but I'm a little ambivalent on that point.

There are European beaches that mandate nudity.Not sure that I really think that is the way to go in a free country,but in a practical sense,it would level the playing field.

That would likely eliminate the 3rd-Worlders who are just amazed that they can legally see naked women in public,but Frank from Perth-Amboy,clad in just sunglasses and a thick layer of body-hair,would still be cruising the sand.

There are some things that we will simply have to live with there...But it's amazing how effective a hard stare or a forthright comment can be.We have to police ourselves at Gunnison, IMO.

lilslip33

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  9:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Gawkers are definitely on the decline. Last year, I don't think I saw one gawker, haven't been to gunnison yet this year. Maybe they discovered something better to gawk at, like strippers at a strip club

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  05:49:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and I were down there on Wednesday. The beach was unusually crowded for a weekday and to concur with everyone here, the crowd is getting much younger. We saw alot of 20 somethings. They had 2 lifeguard stations up for the crowd, the water was calm, clean and nice temp wise. The flies were a little aggressive in the morning.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved