Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 174 ]  [ Total: 174 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  12:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mostly middle age(30-50)(75%) over 50(15%) under 30(10). This is just from what I see going almost exclusively on the weekdays

Footballdude9

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  09:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see in the forum that a lot of people talk about "socializing" with others on the beach. What does socializing mean here, and how would interacting with others work at a nude beach like this?

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  02:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by njyankee60

mostly middle age(30-50)(75%) over 50(15%) under 30(10). This is just from what I see going almost exclusively on the weekdays

The gay area is pretty young,but the 75% of the straights are probably in the 45-65 range,IMO.

And that's on a weekday.On weekends,the average age creeps up a bit,as the still-working-but-nearing-retirement-age single guys drop in for a gawk or two before heading home to abuse themselves...(At least we HOPE that they go home to do that.)

That place is much better to visit mid-week,if you ask me.

JFM84

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  01:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any chance Wednesday is worth it due bad weather? I was there Monday and it wass beautiful.

nyc4me

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  4:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a few female friends interested in coming.. whats the general reception like for a very big breasted big girl? would any with first hand experience like to relate some experiences?

She is afraid she will annoy people who prefer to see thin bodies and doesn't want to have a negative experience..

The other is thin and is concerned about strangers setting up camp too close.. I figure if it really was that uncomfortable, we could just move. But I imagine this isn't too much of a problem.

I have been here twice by myself and was kind of turned off by some of the single men behaving a little weird, like one who parked about 3 feet from my spot and faced right at me when there was plenty of room. I just shifted and ignored him and he went away.

I think that if you're not a freak and behave yourself its generally a good experience.. had a nice few ladies around me that I hope enjoyed the view they got from my direction.

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  3:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To answer your question about your two female friends. I've see some discussion on this topic on this discussion board, but I can't imagine that they'll have any real problems. First, there is every body shape and size on the beach, and I have never seen or heard of anyone being judgmental about it. I mean, nobody likes their everything about own body, and we're all naked with nothing to hide.
As for your thinner friend, again I've never witnessed anyone bothering an attractive woman. Just like any beach, or on the street, an attractive woman is always going to turn heads. That's just nature. But, my wife is a young and very attractive woman, and even when I've run back to the car or go for a swim, and she's alone, she's never felt like anyone has ever bothered her. I think the general attitude is that being nude actually makes people a little more aware of being considerate of others. Yet, at the same time, people who go to a nude beach tend to feel a little less inhibited to chat it up. It's just conversation, just like anywhere else, not someone being awkward.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  06:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We got down to Gunnison late on Friday about noontime, usually arrive around 9. We were able to get a spot close to beach, next to a group of regulars that we talk to.Water temp was great but very choppy waves(high tide). Everyone was having a great time up until 3pm that is when alot of clothed groups started showing up. One was a family of 4 that let their little kid(4-5) run around the beach just staring at everyone. Antoher was 3 guys that just plopped their cooler behind us, started drinking and being creepy. They just sat on the cooler and sand, fully clothed, just looking around(leering). My wife looked at me and gave me the "Let's get the F out of here.
On that note, we are going down early Saturday since it is my next to last day of vacation. Probably be out of there by 1 or 2.

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  8:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to admit, I really don't mind other beachgoers looking around at Gunnison Beach. That's human nature to look. I'm always a little annoyed that some go to the clothing optional beach and opt for regular swimwear (I mean, what's the point?), but whatever, it is "optional". Nonetheless, what I really don't get are the people who come to the beach fully clothed. No one does that at a regular beach. More that once, I've seen someone not just fully clothed, but in a button-up shirt and pants walking around. It's just really bizarre.
This is really my only pet-peeve with nude-beach behavior. I generally think it's good to let people warm up to nudity on a beach, and give them the option until they're comfortable. However, those are the people who make me wish nudity was mandatory.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  02:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I tend to agree.There are beaches in Europe that require one be nude.I'm all for it!

(Then again,there are many many older gawkers at Gunnison who cruise around all day as naked as they can be,who make me want to re-think that sentiment...Ya just can't win there!)

nyc4me

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  09:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went on sunday and it was AMAZING. Happy to report that there was a great mixed crowd there, couples, single m/f, old, young, black, white... everything!

PS, we saw someone catch a SHARK... TWICE within 30 minutes... a 3-4 foot shark by the tail! There was some commotion, but it might've been sick and wasnt too strong to fight back. This kind of put a damper on things - you know, sharks swimmin' around your naked bits and all... kind of disconcerting!

Edited by - nyc4me on 07/21/2010 1:36:33 PM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  5:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL ... Do you think a swimsuit would protect you from a shark? Don't think so!

Diger

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  02:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Gunnison is unique up here,in that one can legally sun and swim nude.I love that fact,but it gets more weird by the minute.

I don't work much these days,so I've been there quite a lot this summer.The weather has been great,and the water temps are far above average for a given date,but the crowd is even more bizarre than in years past.

For instance:

Multiple men in wigs and wearing micro-bikinis...Other men proudly strutting around with wobbling erections...Fewer women than usual,yet more swingers soliciting "friends"...The usual array of geriatric gawkers nearly stepping on your blanket as they "just happen to pass by on their walks",50 times a day.(THEY show up,no matter what.)

Aside from the weekend of the 4th,there are many fewer people there on average,too.Maybe word has gotten out about the video on the web or something,or perhaps it's just too hot for the non-gawker 65+ crowd to make the long walk from the parking lot?

Who knows..?But,on the basis of maybe 20 trips there this year,you certainly aren't in Kansas anymore,if you ever were.The place is still worth the trip,but bring along your thick skin!

nyc4me

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  10:33:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the crowds I've seen recently are good and mixed. I've been surprised by the number of single women or pairs. Seemed like the majority was couples.

And no, I'd rather not be in the water when with sharks at any time, you know? I think the waters have been warmer than usual, I wouldn't be surprised to see it again!

Edited by - nyc4me on 07/22/2010 1:23:50 PM

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  6:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

Aside from the weekend of the 4th,there are many fewer people there on average,too. Maybe word has gotten out about the video on the web or something,or perhaps it's just too hot for the non-gawker 65+ crowd to make the long walk from the parking lot?

I've only been there a few times this year but noticed the smaller crowd too. But I also noticed a smaller crowd in the clothed portion. There never was much of a crowd over there but I think even fewer people this year. I still believe the bridge construction has something to do with it. There were reports of 2 to 3 hours to exit the park last year. Anybody who got caught up in that horror might be swearing off Sandy Hook altogether until the construction is finished. And I would agree that the heat this summer could well have something to do with it too.

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  6:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I see lots of people using cell phones at Gunnison and I'm sure they aren't all taking pictures. My phone doesn't work very well there, a problem because there are days when I need to get in touch with the office. Can anybody tell me if you've got a phone that works reliably at Gunnison and whose network you are on? It's soon time for me to switch. Thank you.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.83 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved