Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 127 ]  [ Total: 127 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  12:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went on the 4th. Was CRAZY packed. Never seen anything like it. Stayed until 3:30 and decided to leave.

Traffic was also relatively light. Only 10 minutes to leave due to the light and construction near 36 north/south.

After that, no problems whatsoever.

Was going to go down again, but I'm a little burned and it was literally too hot.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  7:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DanandBev, If I had to put a percentage,I would say about 95% naked and just enjoying the weather.

Footballdude9

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  5:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys, im a 19 year old and have ALWAYS been curious about nudism and have been eager to try myself. I want to go with at least one friend though, advice??? and is this a good beach to start off with? how much does it cost for one weekend day? Im very excited to go and have been waiting to go for a long time!!!

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  7:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Footballdude9, it is $10 a car to get in. It's a good place to start as opposed to a campground because you can keep to yourself if you want and disrobe according to your comfort level.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  7:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and I went down today, even with the forecast of t-storms. It turned out to be a perfect day on the beach. We got there around 930am and it was lowtide. The water temp was perfect and the waves were awesome. We setup up in our usual area and chilled out. The beach never got too crowded, met some new people as well as some we hadn't seen in a while. We didn't leave til after 3pm. Overall great day. It looks like the skinny dip might be a rainy day tomorrow, will wait and see. We will definitely be there on Monday recuperating from a night of head banging music(Iron Maiden at PNC)

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  12:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by njyankee60

The wife and I went down today, even with the forecast of t-storms. It turned out to be a perfect day on the beach. We got there around 930am and it was lowtide. The water temp was perfect and the waves were awesome. We setup up in our usual area and chilled out. The beach never got too crowded, met some new people as well as some we hadn't seen in a while. We didn't leave til after 3pm. Overall great day. It looks like the skinny dip might be a rainy day tomorrow, will wait and see. We will definitely be there on Monday recuperating from a night of head banging music(Iron Maiden at PNC)

Hah! I'll be at Maiden as well and I too plan to go down Monday (pending work of course!)

powermeister

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  09:04:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gunnison is a terrific beach, but if you are shy, such as my wife, then a good place to test public nudity is the Florida east coast, either Apollo or Playalinda beachs.

Playalinda is beautiful, visited 7/7, Wed, at end of day. The rangers appear to shut the gates at 7 PM. Arrived about 6:30 PM, all the lots except Lot 13, had no or only one car.
Only about 5 nude beachgoers there that late.
My wife is very shy about public nudity, however with a 5 minute walk, we had the beach to ourselves and she felt free to frolic in the waves. We only spent 45 minutes, but it was very refreshing, water was perfect.

Watch the undertoe, very strong, weak swimmers should be especially cautious.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  02:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Celticbhoy

I went on the 4th. Was CRAZY packed. Never seen anything like it. Stayed until 3:30 and decided to leave.

Traffic was also relatively light. Only 10 minutes to leave due to the light and construction near 36 north/south.

Was going to go down again, but I'm a little burned and it was literally too hot.

I lived in north Texas for 5 years,and it was hotter in NJ that day than on any day I ever spent in Wichita Falls.The sand was like a frying pan,and the sun was brutal.Never thought I'd say that the weather was too hot on Gunnison,but it was that day!

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  11:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

quote:
Originally posted by Celticbhoy

I lived in north Texas for 5 years,and it was hotter in NJ that day than on any day I ever spent in Wichita Falls.The sand was like a frying pan,and the sun was brutal.Never thought I'd say that the weather was too hot on Gunnison,but it was that day!

Oh, absolutely.
I was pretty close to the 'wet' sand and I had to on numerous occasions - start jogging because the sand was so hot. As you said, it was literally 'too hot.'

Oh, I made a terrible mistake too. I decided to head up to the snack bar around noon/1 o'clock or so. I didn't have sandals so I figured, "If I run...I'll be okay."

Well, I got a nice workout, but ouch! I ran directly too the showers and then ran literally right to the water.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  12:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How was the turn out for the Skinny Dip? Due to the weather forcast, and the fact that Gunnison is a 4 hr drive for me, I attended the event with MARNA at Ramblewood in Darlington, MD. The weather affected the turn out there as I'm sure it did for most of the East coast locations.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  2:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We never made it. The threat of T-storms was too great to chance it, especially since last year someone was struck by lightning on one of the fishing beaches there.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  2:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's why I was hesitant about traveling that far. We heard thunder a couple of times, but only a single rumble each time, so it could have been a jet too, who knows. Never saw any lightening, so the people that were running the show told us as long as there was no lightening, the pool would be open. We only had 79 there yesterday. I think they said the year before had about twice that number. What is really disappointing is that Friday was nice weather and today is nice as well (Sunny and warm), at least here in MD. Too bad the bad weather couldn't have held off until today.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  3:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Checked the F.O.G site and they had 282 people at the skinny dip. A far cry from the over 800 last year.

17wrestler

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  9:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i plan on going tomorrow and i am curious what the age ratios are like. i know there are mostly older people but what percentages are young kids, teens, young adults etc????? thank you

JFM84

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  12:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I am going to head down to Gunnison tomorrow. First time this season.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.53 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved