Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 435 ]  [ Total: 435 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  7:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Schroder

I see lots of people using cell phones at Gunnison and I'm sure they aren't all taking pictures. My phone doesn't work very well there, a problem because there are days when I need to get in touch with the office. Can anybody tell me if you've got a phone that works reliably at Gunnison and whose network you are on? It's soon time for me to switch. Thank you.

Haven't been to Gunnison too many times and don't use the phone a lot (mostly for fear someone might think I'm secretly taking pix), but on the times I did text or use the phone, Verizon had a good signal.

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  8:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lack of people are not just at Gunnison. This is a problem everywhere Atlantic City, Ocean City , all the hotels have vacancy signs up. I guess people are not spending money.
But in the middle of July? Not good.

Maybe everyone bought one of those cheap inflate the ring pools and are skinny dipping at home. We are.

nyc4me

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  2:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the weekends ive been there were a LOT of people there, i cant imagine how it would be on what you guys call a 'busy' day.. going there and not getting parking unless you're there at dawn doesnt sound like too much fun :P

can you park somewhere else and walk it if that lot is closed?

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  2:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't used the phone a whole lot at Sandy Hook, but the few times I have I have gotten as good of reception as anywhere. I use AT&T, which has a really bad reputation for coverage, but I can't think that I've ever had a problem there.

To address the parking issue, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is a bus that makes the rounds around all the parking lots in the park. I've always managed to find parking in G lot, but If you need to park in another lot, I think you can take the bus down. My impression is that the further north you go, the better the parking. However, all this is second-hand information.

nyc4me

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  4:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oooh, thanks... that's REALLY good to know if true.

anyone have more info about the lot/bus thing?

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  1:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nyc4me

anyone have more info about the lot/bus thing?

As for the parking I always come really early and never had to deal with Lot G being full. But I know there is another lot at North Beach. Just after you pass through the entrance area to Gunnison, make a right turn and that road will lead you to North Beach. It will add time to your walk down to the beach at Gunnison. Not sure how much, 10 minutes might be a good guess. If the North Beach lot is full too, good luck. There are some parking spaces in the area up toward the lighthouse but that's getting to be a long walk too, and I'm not sure that you can use them for beach parking. Wouldn't know why not though. I also know that there have been at least some days in the past when all of Sandy Hook was closed to cars for a few hours because of no parking available anywhere. My advice would be if you expect to be there on a busy weekend day you should try to arrive by 9:00 AM if you can.

I've seen the bus driving around, a yellow school bus is what I saw. This is second hand information, but I thought the bus is associated with the Sea Streak ferry that brings people by boat and that you had to be a boat passenger to use the bus. But I could be wrong about that. Maybe call the Sandy Hook Visitors Center and ask them.

Thank you all for the cell phone info. T-Mobile is the network I'm having problems with at Gunnison.

Edited by - Schroder on 08/01/2010 8:01:38 PM

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  2:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, this is a random question. If we want to bring the dog to Gunnison, can you do it after 6pm, or do we have to wait until after Labor Day?

nyc4me

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  01:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back last weekend, had a good time.

Sad to report, however, there were some gawker/photo takers slithering about.

There was this dude mid 20s with glasses and fuly clothed, of course (dork!). I caught him taking <...trying to take> a photo of the woman I was with, I walked right up to dude and looked him in the grill pretty hard, just serious and emotionless - what he doing was OBVIOUS to me.

No reply, not a word. He kind of cowered away, saw him sitting down later. I am so ready to make - to anyone who thinks they can use the beach that way - someone's day juuuuuust friggen miserable for acting the fool. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who felt that way there - you REALLY just DON'T want that. Not a good look, not a nice situation to put yourself in when you could just enjoy a day at the beach like a normal human being.

Also worthy of mention, there was another photo taker (a guy on his phone actually) that had a pretty embarassing situation happen to him for being a little too into his phone I guess... This guy was nude towards the back, I'm surprised anyone saw him, I would've never noticed. It just seems to generally be a bad idea to sport anything electronic on the beach, seems like people watch out for that :)

If you're just there to see t+a, then just go and look. The minute you are caught doing anything more, catch someone in the mood I was in, you're only going to wish you would've just looked. I WILL hold an emmereffer down while someone gets a cop. Don't be rude, do you and leave people be.

A coupla dudes were super lame ...other than a few snags it really was a good day. (REALLY, it was - DO IT.)

Edited by - nyc4me on 08/04/2010 02:55:31 AM

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  5:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went there today and was pleasantly surprise. they added more walkway to the boardwalk. It is called a mobi-mat. It added another 50-75ft to the end of boardwalk. not too many people today. I guess the threat of rain kept the crowds away. Surf was rough, wife was afraid to go in.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  05:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone heading to Gunnison today or tomorrow. I may have a rare opportunity to get there late today, around 3:00, or sometime tomorrow. Would like to hear from you, especially friends I've met there before.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  9:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
NYC4ME, I'm glad you didn't let those jerks ruin your great time. What the hell is up with guys like that? If they just got naked, smiled, acted normal, and made a little small talk, they might actually make friends and get to spend the afternoon with naked women. Instead they lurk, have a creepy look on their face, and piss everybody off. My wife can spot them a mile away; I imagine most women can. The real gems are the guys who take off their pants and walk around in their underwear WITH SHOES ON. Real cute!

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  02:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudesunguy

NYC4ME, I'm glad you didn't let those jerks ruin your great time. What the hell is up with guys like that? If they just got naked, smiled, acted normal, and made a little small talk, they might actually make friends and get to spend the afternoon with naked women. Instead they lurk, have a creepy look on their face, and piss everybody off. My wife can spot them a mile away; I imagine most women can. The real gems are the guys who take off their pants and walk around in their underwear WITH SHOES ON. Real cute!

The cluelessness of these morons has amazed me for years,but I've pretty much accepted that this ilk will forever wander the sands of Gunnison.(Beach-zombies cannot be killed;they are already pretty much already dead,anyway.)

BUT,they can indeed be warded off,at least for a day or two at a time.All one needs to do is to stand up when they stroll around a little too closely,and confront them in some minor fashion.

Every one of them is a loser;they all back down like beaten dogs when spoken to,and avoid coming close to you for as long as they can remember being chastised.(Maybe a day or two,on average,but whatever...It's definitely worth the little effort involved.)

Try it;it works!If only a few more of us actually speak up once in a while,Gunnison would be a different experience for all of us.

(Not holding my breath on that one!)

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  06:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the three years my wife and I have been going, I have spoken up only three times. Most times just a stern look is enough to scare them off. We tend to plant our belongings next to a group or people we know are regulars. We go on Wednesdays, usually get there early(9am) and leave around 3pm. I think the weekdays they aren't so prevalent. We have tried a couple of campgrounds in the area BUT there is nothing like being nude with the sun and surf.

nudeinthesunnj

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  2:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went down on Saturday in the early morning, got a little exercise in and headed to the beach. A great day for some sun. The beach was packed. We didn't notice anybody with cameras, which was a good thing. Right before we were ready to leave, a family parked themselves right behind (and pretty close to) us. Two adults, three kids, fully clothed and pretty loud and irritating. That was our signal to pick up and head back home.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  8:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally got to the beach on Saturday... very difficult these days because of a new business venture that is taking an incredible amount of my time. Arrived at the entrance to Sandy Hook at about 2:25 only to find the park closed until 3:00. All traffic northbound on Rt. 36 was forced across the bridge... had to make a U-turn, come back over and get into a line of cars that had formed, waiting to get in... now back in the same spot I was 30 minutes of bumper to bumper traffic earlier. Once in, the toll taker said the park had been closed about two hours.

On the beach, met up with Forum member, Revampd, and some of her friends.The beach was packed but, from our vantage point, everyone seemed to be having a pleasant time... no problems with unruly "neighbors". Except for a dark cloud that lingered in one spot for about 30 minutes late in the day, completely blocking the sun, it was beautiful weather.

That's my report... hope to get up there again before the season is over.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.54 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved