Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  7:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see nothing wrong with "unofficial" sections. I was told that I set up camp in what is called the "geriatric" section (near first lifeguard stand)...those that don't want to (or can't) walk a long distance. I usually go alone, but my wife will finally go with me next month to check it out...so if sometime between now and mid June or so, someone says on this forum...let's make (TBD) the unofficial "couples" section...that's where we will go. Worth a try. The few times I went last year, the area where I was had a couple groups of several men and women that all knew one another...so I will nominate my section...then I also won't have to walk far.

Edited by - free2be on 05/27/2010 7:12:48 PM

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  7:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Leesa. Been a while.
I agree with bringing a female. I won't go without my wife. I'd even go with my sister, but she thinks its gross.
Hey, the ladies can also bring their girlfriends too.
Last year there was 1 guy with his girlfriend and 2 of her friends. Good for them.
The best way to get the girls to go is for a girl to ask.

I am heading to the Sandy Hook on Memorial Day, but my kids are coming so we will not be at the nude section. NO BABY SITTER.

Edited by - waterboy on 05/27/2010 8:41:26 PM

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  12:07:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lovesthesun

Hehe? What's that all about?

OK, I disagree, I think it's something that you CAN control - I was interested in going for a couple of years before I found the right female companion to go with me, and then finally tried it with her. As friends.

There are many women who love the beach, and would like to try it, and don't want to go alone. It's not a big deal - start off in the clothed area, or tell her to keep her suit on until if and when she wants to try it - no big deal if she doesn't.

You just have to work at it a little bit and try.

As someone said above, if none of you guys try, well then it will be an all male beach - would you guys still enjoy going then? If the answer is no, well that kind of speaks against your "us nudists know it's not sexual" idea, doesn't it?

Food for thought.

Ask a friend - are you ashamed?

I don't know what to say anymore. All I can do is reiterate my previous statements. I agree that there are too many lone males in relation to women but many stag men mean no harm. Yes there are some lurkers that deserve to get kicked in their exposed balls, but then there are the guys that just wanted to go to the beach and either couldn't find anyone to go with them or whose friends weren't available (like me). I've asked friends before, even some female friends, and only one was interested (but we had a non-related falling out). I'm trying to find friends to go with online but our timing never seems to work out. So yes I am putting in the effort to not go alone anymore, but it doesn't always work out.
And no I wouldn't enjoy an all male beach but that doesn't mean its a sexual thing. I went to an all boys high school and I missed being in class with girls, not so I could gawk at them all day, but because they would install diversity in class and my group of friends. Its the same at the beach.
Sorry if that was long winded and whiny (I tried my best to make it straight forward) but I really think this issue goes deeper than single guys not asking friends to come with them.

clamdigger50

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  05:08:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leesa123

quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

Goodtimes85: You can find plenty of advice by looking through the archives of this site. But here is my advice - If you are hetro, do not come alone as a single male. Bring a female. I am so sick of seeing so many single males at the CO beaches. The ratio is always something line 80/20 male to female. This makes it very uncomfortable for the females that do get-up the nerve to come with their guys. Does not matter who you bring - bring your sister, cousin, mother - old, young does not matter. Just bring a woman and help the balance. Not what you wanted to hear but that is my 2 cents worth.

Very true, couldn't agree more - in all our years of going there, we have problems with single males almost every time we go. It got to the point one year where I just refused to go anymore - I couldn't take it. And when I don't go, my boyfriend doesn't go alone. There was a time when I'd go alone, but I can't imagine that now - every poor woman we've seen who's there alone is swarmed by single guys almost instantly - it's embarassing.

If more guys would bring a female with them, there'd be far less problems. I'm sure all of you guys aren't part of the problem but honestly, we've never had a problem with any male that was there with a female - only single guys (and the roving packs of male teenagers).

If it gets any worse all you'll have is each other.

Someone last year suggested an informal M/F couples only section - I've tried, but honestly can't find anything wrong with the idea. Those women who are new and uncomfortable with nude beaches at first would be far happier in a couples only section, and those couples who are seasoned (or who enjoy a mix) wouldn't be obligated to set up there. And before you single guys start trashing the idea, remember: you're just there to enjoy the nude beach, sun, and surf, right? And it would work to your benefit - if there were couples set up outside of this area, well by definition they'd be OK wiht single guys nearby.

clamdigger50

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  05:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leesa'
Sandy Hook is a national park and as such, member only areas can't be set aside for any particular group. You can get a group of like minded people to congregate in a particular area but you can't keep other people out by any means other than subtle social pressure. When my wife and I started going to Gunnison in 1982 we didn't have many problems with single guys whose parents didn't do a very good job but then, the beach was relatively unknown. We rarely had more than 250 people on the beach, we all pretty much knew each other and people who didn't know how to behave soon got the message that they were offending other people. I would suggest forming a group of like minded couples as well as single guys and gals who know how to behave, congregating in one area and then using social pressure to enforce rules of civilized behavior. If all else fails, the lifeguards have a means of communicating with the ranger station and people can be removed for lewd (not nude) behavior. But it's up to you, people have to become involved to look out for others.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  9:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Follow up to my post on May 26... finally made it to Gunnison... last visit, one year ago. Weather was beautiful and everyone was well-behaved, from my vantage point. Maybe it was just the area where I was sitting but, it seemed there were actually more females than males on the beach that day... certainly not the usual ratio.

Still look forward to meeting with some more people from this Forum. Has a meeting place and time ever been established? I recall some discussion about that last year.

slick214
Forum Member

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  09:48:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the traffic like getting off Sandy Hook so far this season?

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  1:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slick214

What's the traffic like getting off Sandy Hook so far this season?

www.nps.gov/gate
has link to traffic cams. Check it out for yourself.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  1:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leesa123

quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

Goodtimes85: You can find plenty of advice by looking through the archives of this site. But here is my advice - If you are hetro, do not come alone as a single male. Bring a female. I am so sick of seeing so many single males at the CO beaches. The ratio is always something line 80/20 male to female. This makes it very uncomfortable for the females that do get-up the nerve to come with their guys. Does not matter who you bring - bring your sister, cousin, mother - old, young does not matter. Just bring a woman and help the balance. Not what you wanted to hear but that is my 2 cents worth.

Very true, couldn't agree more - in all our years of going there, we have problems with single males almost every time we go. It got to the point one year where I just refused to go anymore - I couldn't take it. And when I don't go, my boyfriend doesn't go alone. There was a time when I'd go alone, but I can't imagine that now - every poor woman we've seen who's there alone is swarmed by single guys almost instantly - it's embarassing.

If more guys would bring a female with them, there'd be far less problems. I'm sure all of you guys aren't part of the problem but honestly, we've never had a problem with any male that was there with a female - only single guys (and the roving packs of male teenagers).

If it gets any worse all you'll have is each other.

Someone last year suggested an informal M/F couples only section - I've tried, but honestly can't find anything wrong with the idea. Those women who are new and uncomfortable with nude beaches at first would be far happier in a couples only section, and those couples who are seasoned (or who enjoy a mix) wouldn't be obligated to set up there. And before you single guys start trashing the idea, remember: you're just there to enjoy the nude beach, sun, and surf, right? And it would work to your benefit - if there were couples set up outside of this area, well by definition they'd be OK wiht single guys nearby.

Gunnison is a PUBLIC beach. The good news is you will not be arrested for being NAKID in public. The bad news is your picture CAN and might be posted on the internet for ALL to see. Yeah, it sucks for lots of people. But, PLEASE remember you are NOT doing anything illegal, immoral or fattening. I drive 200 miles to Gunnison. By doing so I have offered to NOT offened people on miles of beaches with my nudity. Once I get there and strip I don't care who sees me live, internet or otherwise. No ONE is forced to watch what is on the internet. CHOISING to be offended by seeing something won't work.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

KM
Forum Member

Posted - 05/31/2010 :  2:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

Gunnison is a PUBLIC beach. The good news is you will not be arrested for being NAKID in public. The bad news is your picture CAN and might be posted on the internet for ALL to see.

But it is a public place that is SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATED for something that is illegal in 99.9% of public places. Let's be a little real here -- it's not exactly your typical everyday public place. Remember, a public restroom is a public place, too, hence the term "public" restroom. It's open to the public -- you don't need a key to get in. That's a public place. Think you can take pictures of strangers in there?

I've written about this in another thread in this forum, and I guess it's coming up again now. As long as this type of thinking prevails, the problem won't get any better. People who go to nude beaches need to start fighting for their rights.

This also relates to the discussion about single males, and how they should bring a female companion. There's a pretty serious "which came first, the chicken of the egg" problem there. As a single male, this is an issue for me. How can a bring a woman I care about to essentially get fed to the wolves? If I did so, and she ended up getting hurt by it, I'd be beside myself. And I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who feels this way. So, you want to get more men bringing women to the beach? Start taking an aggressive stance toward the photography issue. "Public" beach or not.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  06:05:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
KM, I don't dissagree with your points. I have seen several couples create a private area usings those wind screens. Anything more permanent, I think would have to be setup as a consesion, like the snack bar. While I also agree with you about cameras on the beach, I don't see how to stop someone on one of those boats just off shore.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

KM
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  11:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob,

No, I'm sure your heart is in the right place here. I'm just saying that it kind of becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we say it's going to happen, and decide to LET it happen, it's going to happen. More and more and more. I think naturists need to start fighting back. Right now, these voyeur photographers feel that they have the upper hand, and I guess they do.

Did you know that last summer alone, someone posted over 1,000 pictures taken at Gunnison to a prominent website that markets this type of material? Over 1,000! Mostly of couples walking along the shore. And these are close-up high definition images we're talking about. Worse yet, this is just one photographer -- there are others who contribute to that same site, although in lesser numbers.

As for the boats, you're right -- I don't know how one could stop that. However, that's not really where the problem is coming from. The problem is coming from people right on the beach snapping away and getting a free pass for it, including the guy I referenced above. Besides, the lifeguards do a good job at keeping those boats a good distance away from the shore. Sure, they could zoom in, but I doubt the clarity would be as good as those who actually take their pictures on the beach. THAT's what we need to combat.

Edited by - KM on 06/01/2010 12:04:50 PM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  4:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the PM. But, I see nothing wrong with the photos you're talking about. Men, women, even children on a public beach NUDE and the world doesn't stop. The women don't get raped etc. Now I won't pay to see them because I'll be at Gunnison next week. This is why MOST people join a private club.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

KM
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  5:05:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

Thank you for the PM. But, I see nothing wrong with the photos you're talking about. Men, women, even children on a public beach NUDE and the world doesn't stop.

The problem, of course, is that they were taken and posted without consent. I wonder how many of the subjects/victims would agree that there is nothing wrong with them. Whether some people here want to acknowledge it or not, this kind of thing can ruin someone's life.

Do you think women like getting gawked/stared at? That's certainly not the vibe I've been getting on this thread. Well, if they don't like getting gawked at ON the beach, why should they like having their picture taken so that they can REALLY be gawked at, and by people around the world no less?

Edited by - KM on 06/01/2010 5:17:01 PM

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  5:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KM

Bob,

No, I'm sure your heart is in the right place here. I'm just saying that it kind of becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we say it's going to happen, and decide to LET it happen, it's going to happen. More and more and more. I think naturists need to start fighting back. Right now, these voyeur photographers feel that they have the upper hand, and I guess they do.

Did you know that last summer alone, someone posted over 1,000 pictures taken at Gunnison to a prominent website that markets this type of material? Over 1,000! Mostly of couples walking along the shore. And these are close-up high definition images we're talking about. Worse yet, this is just one photographer -- there are others who contribute to that same site, although in lesser numbers.

As for the boats, you're right -- I don't know how one could stop that. However, that's not really where the problem is coming from. The problem is coming from people right on the beach snapping away and getting a free pass for it, including the guy I referenced above. Besides, the lifeguards do a good job at keeping those boats a good distance away from the shore. Sure, they could zoom in, but I doubt the clarity would be as good as those who actually take their pictures on the beach. THAT's what we need to combat.

May you PM me the website? Just want to make sure that "we" are not on there.

And I agree 100% with you: One can argue and say, "If you don't want your photograph being taken nude on the beach, don't go to a nude beach."

Here's the problem: nude beaches are not for sexual/sensual acts/displays/etc. Obviously, if your photo is taken of you on an illicit website that involves sexual matter, it is WRONG. Am I able to walk over to a woman and grope her without consent? No. The same (though I understand it's somewhat different) can be said involving photography. If you do not have my consent...you may NOT take pictures of me, my woman, etc. These things CAN and DO ruin lives.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved