Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 474 ]  [ Total: 474 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  11:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Schroder is 100% correct. Look, just use common sense and be civil. Also I learned something the last time I was down there and didn't realize it. Apparently there is an unwritten rule that the "right" side of the beach is predominately settled amongst homosexuals. Once again, I have no problems with LGBT whatsoever. With that being said, if you do not wish to put yourself in any sort of predicament, simply avoid "settling" there.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  1:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree 100% with what you guys are saying. I have always gone to Gunnison and treated it as just another beach, except no swim trunks required. As a single male, I also take precaution as to NOT sit near ladies and make any uncomfortable. If they decide to set up near my chair, that is their choice, and nothing can be said. I just enjoy the beach, period. Has nothing to do with who or what others are there. Oh, BTW, I am hetero and have nothing against any ones preference, just don't force your choice onto me.

goodtimes85

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  8:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys...thanks for all the informative feedback. My first time is going to be a blast. I am really excited. My plan was to just sit back away and just hang out. I'm a little nervous to get up and walk around completely nude, I guess once I get more comfortable that will be a non issue.

Edited by - goodtimes85 on 05/17/2010 8:56:22 PM

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  9:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to Gunnison on Saturday and it was a beautiful beach day but there was barely anyone there! I still had fun but I was hoping to socialize more (I forgot to bring a book or something to read).
And @ goodtimes85, the first time I went (last year) I found that placing myself right in the middle of everyone else (rather than off by myself in the dunes) basically forced me to become uncomfortable in my clothes. I quickly took everything off, was scared for about 3 seconds then felts relaxed for the rest of my stay! And I would suggest going on walks (the breeze feels great) especially because you are really putting yourself out there for everyone to see. You'll quickly realize that there is nothing to fear about being nude at Gunnison. :)

goodtimes85

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  02:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dtidew thanks for the advice...ill try that. Hopefully I'll be able to walk around...I really want to be seen and just enjoy being nude...hopefully I dont get too excited ahah

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  7:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem! When do you think you'll be going? I'm thinking about going tomorrow on my day off

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  7:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been away for a couple of weeks, super busy with family and work but want to add my two cents into the mix. The wife and I started going to Gunnison about 3yrs ago, mainly to get away from the noise and rudeness of the family beaches on the hook. The first time we walked onto the beach my stomach was in knots until we got down to where everyone was. We laid out our blanket and I quickly dis-robed. My wife looked at me in disbelief. It just felt right plus like I told her " there are hundreds of people on the beach naked and not one said Hey look Bill is getting naked". LOL. It took my wife about 3hrs before the top came off and by the middle of the second summer she started going all nude.
goodtime and dtidew, bring your girlfriends with you with the understanding that they dont have to get naked as it is a clothing optional beach. Let them get comfortable at their own speed.
Sorry if this was too long.
looking to go down this wednesday may 26. forecast right now is 85 and sunny. hope it holds

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  10:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand you guys with your "girlfriends" that refuse to go to the CO beach with you. Like nyyankee60 said, it is "clothing optional", which means they are free to wear as much clothing as they please at the beach. If they just plain do not like going to the beach, I understand that. But if they are really your girlfriend, it seems like they should be doing things with you that please you. Come on guys - I said it before and I'll say it again - bring a female to the CO beach with you. Rent one if you have to, but bring someone. Yes, you single guys have every right to be there by yourselves, but you really make it tough for us guys that do bring a woman.
We were going to hit Gunnison this Sunday the 23rd, but the high is to be only 70 - not too sure that is primo beach weather!

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  10:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

Rent one if you have to, but bring someone.

Rent one?
Plus it's not always the fact that girlfriends refuse to go, there are also plenty of men who do not have girlfriends or have long distance girlfriends. My girlfriend is still in school and busy studying for finals so I went alone on Saturday. I highly doubt she would let me rent a girlfriend to go to a nude beach. That would result in a

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  02:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings to everyone I have had the pleasure to chat with on this site and, especially, those I have met in person... Sorry to be out of touch for so long. I started a new business venture last year (about the time I dropped off the radar) and have had no time to visit here.

On Wednesday I have a rare opportunity to get away for a day and plan to head to Gunnison Beach. Anyone else planning to be there... send me an email early (by about 9:30). Maybe we can connect on the beach.

Regards.

jerseysomething

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  5:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got there today and what a beautiful day. beach is all clean and ready for the beginning of summer. we got there around 9am and stayed til 2pm. the boardwalk walkway is half gone. the beach looks as big as ever. the sand was actually hot to the bare feet and the water felt refreshing. hope this is a preview of the summer.

tagtnj711

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  4:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there parking near Gunnison?? And is there a beach fee?? Just getting prepared...

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  4:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tagtnj711 -- haven't been this year yet but the fee last year was $10 to get in the park (unless you got there before 8 am or after 4 pm - then it is free). Others can correct me if the fees are different this year. Parking is close by and there is a drop off point at the entrance in case you have people, chairs, umbrellas etc... saves lugging it all from the parking lot. If the main lot fills up (which is why I get there early), there is overflow parking in the North lot...but I hear that is about a 10 min? walk.

Edited by - free2be on 05/27/2010 4:52:47 PM

leesa123
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  6:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

Goodtimes85: You can find plenty of advice by looking through the archives of this site. But here is my advice - If you are hetro, do not come alone as a single male. Bring a female. I am so sick of seeing so many single males at the CO beaches. The ratio is always something line 80/20 male to female. This makes it very uncomfortable for the females that do get-up the nerve to come with their guys. Does not matter who you bring - bring your sister, cousin, mother - old, young does not matter. Just bring a woman and help the balance. Not what you wanted to hear but that is my 2 cents worth.

Very true, couldn't agree more - in all our years of going there, we have problems with single males almost every time we go. It got to the point one year where I just refused to go anymore - I couldn't take it. And when I don't go, my boyfriend doesn't go alone. There was a time when I'd go alone, but I can't imagine that now - every poor woman we've seen who's there alone is swarmed by single guys almost instantly - it's embarassing.

If more guys would bring a female with them, there'd be far less problems. I'm sure all of you guys aren't part of the problem but honestly, we've never had a problem with any male that was there with a female - only single guys (and the roving packs of male teenagers).

If it gets any worse all you'll have is each other.

Someone last year suggested an informal M/F couples only section - I've tried, but honestly can't find anything wrong with the idea. Those women who are new and uncomfortable with nude beaches at first would be far happier in a couples only section, and those couples who are seasoned (or who enjoy a mix) wouldn't be obligated to set up there. And before you single guys start trashing the idea, remember: you're just there to enjoy the nude beach, sun, and surf, right? And it would work to your benefit - if there were couples set up outside of this area, well by definition they'd be OK wiht single guys nearby.

lovesthesun
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  6:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dtidew

Well I agree that the guy to girl ratio is too large but I don't think it's something that we (single males) can really control. I have a girlfriend who has gone with me twice, but I am much more comfortable at Gunnison than she is and so she rarely joins me. No one in my family is into nudism and I know (since we have talked about it) that my girlfriend would be extremely uncomfortable if I brought a female friend, and I cannot blame her. Us nudists know that it is not a sexual thing, but I can't blame her for worrying that it might become sexual. My point is is that the ration may be too male heavy, but you cannot expect us lone males to have someone to bring.

Also, I might go tomorrow (alone hehe)

Hehe? What's that all about?

OK, I disagree, I think it's something that you CAN control - I was interested in going for a couple of years before I found the right female companion to go with me, and then finally tried it with her. As friends.

There are many women who love the beach, and would like to try it, and don't want to go alone. It's not a big deal - start off in the clothed area, or tell her to keep her suit on until if and when she wants to try it - no big deal if she doesn't.

You just have to work at it a little bit and try.

As someone said above, if none of you guys try, well then it will be an all male beach - would you guys still enjoy going then? If the answer is no, well that kind of speaks against your "us nudists know it's not sexual" idea, doesn't it?

Food for thought.

Ask a friend - are you ashamed?

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.51 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved