Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 437 ]  [ Total: 437 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

goodtimes85

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  9:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Just signed up to the website and I am really excited. I am from NJ and always wanted to go to the Nude Beach. I am 25 year old white male and am very curious about this lifestyle. Can anyone offer me an guidance about proper etiquette on the beach.

kacinpa
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  6:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checking in this thread as the beach season for us is fast approaching. My wife started a new job and is working alternate weekends so it may be a challenge gettin to Gunnison as much as we would like.

Right now it looks like we will be trying to get there for Memorial Day. She has to work Sat and Sun that week, so we will be braving the traffic and crowds to get there. We will try to get there between 8:30 or 9:00am.

Any others planning to be there on Memorial Day? We would really like to make some beach friends this summer.

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  8:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, we are planning to be there Saturday, weather pending. Getting a season pass this year.

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  7:22:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna be there on Tuesday for my first trip back! Anyone else going on Tuesday?

Parochka2003

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  8:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys probably kidding - it's so cold

goodtimes85

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  8:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about going sometime during the week next week...anyone interested in going?? It would be my first time too...I'm kind of nervous ahah

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  10:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goodtimes85: You can find plenty of advice by looking through the archives of this site. But here is my advice - If you are hetro, do not come alone as a single male. Bring a female. I am so sick of seeing so many single males at the CO beaches. The ratio is always something line 80/20 male to female. This makes it very uncomfortable for the females that do get-up the nerve to come with their guys. Does not matter who you bring - bring your sister, cousin, mother - old, young does not matter. Just bring a woman and help the balance. Not what you wanted to hear but that is my 2 cents worth.

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  10:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I agree that the guy to girl ratio is too large but I don't think it's something that we (single males) can really control. I have a girlfriend who has gone with me twice, but I am much more comfortable at Gunnison than she is and so she rarely joins me. No one in my family is into nudism and I know (since we have talked about it) that my girlfriend would be extremely uncomfortable if I brought a female friend, and I cannot blame her. Us nudists know that it is not a sexual thing, but I can't blame her for worrying that it might become sexual. My point is is that the ration may be too male heavy, but you cannot expect us lone males to have someone to bring.

Also, I might go tomorrow (alone hehe)

goodtimes85

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  7:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might have a difficult time bringing a girl because my gf doesnt feel comfortable going. I might be swinging by there soon. I am really excited to experience this.

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  11:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

Goodtimes85: You can find plenty of advice by looking through the archives of this site. But here is my advice - If you are hetro, do not come alone as a single male. Bring a female. I am so sick of seeing so many single males at the CO beaches. The ratio is always something line 80/20 male to female. This makes it very uncomfortable for the females that do get-up the nerve to come with their guys. Does not matter who you bring - bring your sister, cousin, mother - old, young does not matter. Just bring a woman and help the balance. Not what you wanted to hear but that is my 2 cents worth.

While I may agree with you. The problem lies in "the males" that are on the beach. Any half-decent looking female who goes to Gunnison and actually decides to be brave and bare all, one of two things happen:

1 - WAY too many guys will awkwardly and blatantly sit/stare near her to the point where she will get fed up, put on her clothes and walk away.

2 - Will blatantly and nonchalantly stop and just "stand" directly on top of her until...she gets fed up, puts on her clothes, and walks away.

And I must be honest: from my personal experience down there and getting hit on by numerous guys (I am a straight male who has brought his gf, fyi):

if guys weren't so blatant, crude, and obvious men AND women would be able to tolerate them.

For example: One dude came on to me and was totally cool, polite, and I didn't realize it until he casually let me know that he was "bi." Cool, no problem. But when some guys comes over, stroking himself and trying to literally fondle himself all over you...you're kinda crossing the line. And that's EXACTLY what women have to deal with.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  08:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right on the mark Celticbhoy. Same thing at the non-landed club I belong to...although none of #2 happens...but most of the guys end up at her end of the pool. Only a few appear to be friends...the rest are just hanging around close by. Of course, in a pool, there may be some #2 going on but it is not as noticable from a distance.

goodtimes85

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  1:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the advice guys! I am really looking forward to my first experience and at least I know what to look out for. I will be definitely attending alone. I am a straight male too and I am very comfortable with my sexuality. If someone approaches me fondling themselves thats fine..I'll look the other way..I just dont want it to become too uncomfortable.

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  4:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
goodtimes85,
Men who have a female companion to go with them to Gunnison should consider themselves lucky. Those of us who don't just need to be aware of some things. People are generally going to view you with suspicion, at least initially. Don't gawk at people. Leave camera and video equipment at home. If you need to talk on a cell phone then walk far back on the beach away from people before you pull the phone into view. If you want to go for a walk, walk along the water. Leave couples alone. If you talk with anyone you should be able to tell in 10 seconds or less if they want to talk with you or not. If the talk is going well and the person seems interested, then there is no reason to discontinue. When you arrive at the beach pick a spot that isn't really close to someone else. Don't act like a vulture. Just pick your spot and leave plenty of room around you. That space will probably fill in, but nobody will have to feel like you "snuck up" on them. They chose to sit near you.

If you follow the guidelines you've read in this forum, then you will leave the beach as a more respected person than you were when you arrived. And if someone's wife is uncomfortable with your presence, that is their problem.

Edited by - Schroder on 05/16/2010 4:35:09 PM

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  5:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Except for removing all your clothes, don't do anything on a clothing-optional beach that you wouldn't (or shouldn't) do on any other beach. And if you don't tell anyone that you've never been there before they'll never know.

Have a great time.

Bill in Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  5:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Except for tan lines...they are a dead give away But like BareBill says...just act like you would anywhere else in public and you'll blend right in and won't have any problems.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.58 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved