Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 179 ]  [ Total: 179 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  10:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob - I see that that Sea Streak runs from Manhattan until 9/27. It goes right to Sandy Hook and I think a bus to Gunnison. You could take NJ Transit into NY and take Sea Streak to the beach - just do it by Sunday.
It Departs East 35th St.: 8:00AM & 10:30AM
Departs Pier 11: 8:15AM & 11:00AM
Just do it, dude!

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  01:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know any exact details,but rogandjean are right:there IS service,on a limited basis(I think through October)from Wall St. to Atlantic Highlands.And adjoining bus service to Gunnison,too.The fare for the boat ride is $36,round-trip,if memory serves.

If you go-and you should-,let us know how the trip was,please.I've always been curious about the Sea Streak experience.

boomdriver
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  8:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cindy and I made our first trip to Gunnison today. The crowd was, to say the least, sparse. IT WAS COLD! The sun never did come from behind the cloud cover, but we enjoyed our day. We got there about ten o'clock, and the parking lot was virtually empty. We made the walk to the beach and put our things near the water almost directly past the volleyball net. Since this was a last minute, spur of the moment trip, all we brought were some towels and our lunch- no wind protection. The "breeze" off the ocean was brisk, to say the least! Anyway, we had an enjoyable experience and plan to return next season. We also stopped at the lighthouse for some pictures when we left, but didn't have the time to wait for the next tour, something we plan to do next trip. Can't wait for next year!

I'm sure I think I said what I probably meant, but maybe not.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  9:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We might be going on Wednesday. I heard it should be about 65 and partly cloudy. We never been there this time of year, just hoping there aren't too many pervs. They don't bother me but the wife gets a little perturbed.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  09:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by njyankee60

We might be going on Wednesday. I heard it should be about 65 and partly cloudy. We never been there this time of year, just hoping there aren't too many pervs. They don't bother me but the wife gets a little perturbed.

After numerous dashed hopes for getting to Gunnison this summer, I finally made it last Wednesday. Arrived mid-afternoon and stayed for a couple hours... not nearly long enough, but nice to be there in any case.

This time of year, the ideal time would be 11:00 to 3:00 in terms of sunlight. The water will temperature will be tolerable for another couple of weeks but, after that, the breeze off the ocean can be pretty chilly considering the low sunlight intensity. Bottom line: 65 degrees or better, with some sun should be nice.

On the subject of unsavory characters... no apparent gawkers last week but I did have one guy approach me soon after I arrived. After a brief, seemingly innocuous, conversation he commented on one of my body parts, at which point I sent the message I wasn't interested.

So, njyankee60, maybe it's you, and not your wife, who should be concerned... Have a nice time if you go.

boomdriver
Forum Member

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  12:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
njyankee-

The crowd was so sparse Saturday with the same weather conditions predicted for Wednesday, that I wouldn't worry too much about gawkers and pervs. If you're not in direct sunlight it'll be chilly, so have a windbreak or take a sweatshirt along. Just go enjoy yourselves!

I'm sure I think I said what I probably meant, but maybe not.

Rob77

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  9:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Unfortunately I didn't get out to the beach last weekend. At this point I suspect I won't be getting out there till next Spring.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  07:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh well...nasty looking out there today. Only supposed to get to 60 and cloudy, not great. Wife says NO WAY is she going to get naked on a chilly beach! I guess that's it for the year(ugh!). Wishing we lived in the south and could be full time nudist instead of may thru sept.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  10:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I sit here on Oct. 1 wearing a fleece and wondering where the sun has gone. I would say the official end of the nude beach season has arrived. Have to agree with you, njyankee, living in the south would give us plenty of days to enjoy sans clothing. I'm still looking at Columbus Day for a trip down, but might be with my bike and do the path instead of my beach chair and the beach. OK, everyone, try to stay as warm as you can, and lets keep the forum here going thru out the colder months. BareNJ

Edited by - BARENJGUY33 on 10/01/2009 12:43:03 PM

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  10:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have business in the Fire Island (NY) area this weekend and hope to hit Lighthouse Beach on Sunday. Forecast is high of 70. That would work. Then maybe I could hit Gunnison on the way home to PA. Not very likely but we're keeping our fingers crossed. Probably gonna be our last chance of the year for either one. Man, it is going to be a long winter.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  01:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah,the forecast of 71 and sunny-and,importantly,calm winds-would send me out to the beach for certain,if I didn't a FOUR HOUR DRIVE to get there.

But,the risk/reward factor isn't in my favor this time of year,so I'm staying local.I'd definitely be interested in hearing about any of you who attempt it,though.

I wonder about the composition of the crowd this late in the year...I can't decide if I think it'll be mostly die-hard purists,or desperate gawkers looking for one last fix for 2009.

If anyone goes,kindly post afterward,so the rest of us poor,pale-skinned unfortunates can live through you.Thanks!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  08:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was up this time last year. Mostly regulars with very dark allover tans.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

lovesthesun
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  6:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NewNudist09

I'm a 30-something male. I went to Gunnison solo today for the first time, which was also my first ever experience with public nudity.

It was no big deal really, once I dropped the drawers and took a stroll around, I guess I was no longer a nude beach virgin. At that point my main concern was making sure I sprayed on the SPF 50 regularly.

There were too many guys (3:1 ratio or maybe even 4:1) for this hetero male's liking, but it's not like I didn't expect that. I didn't go to Gunnison to leer or try to pick anyone up, but of course nude bodies are part of the scenery at a nude beach so I was hoping for a little more fem scenery. There were a few hotties there, and I got a kick out of watching some of the guys *gawk* as they walked by and/or try to surreptitiously loiter near the hotties. Even as a first-time visitor, my etiquette was much better than some of those guys, who I think give a bad name to nude beaches.

I left around noon, no traffic at all getting out.

All-in-all I'd say Gunnison is a nice beach and I enjoyed a pleasant morning there. I wouldn;t make it my go-to beach, but I would go back.

Too many guys for a hetero males liking? Really?

At the risk of stating the obvious, and as someone who always goes to Gunnison WITH a woman, did it ever occur to you that you are part of the problem and not part of the solution?

We've spoken to many, many couples at Gunnison that wish there was a couples only section - in the past 10 years we've been going to Gunnison, we've never, ever had any problems with other couples or single females - it's always the roving trolls, or fully clothed idiots with their cell phone cameras who create trouble and drive the women and couples away. Have any of the posts complaining about inappropriate behavior here ever involved anyone besides single males?

And before all you single guys start whining and flaming away (yes, I know it's not you, it's the other guys), if you're only there to enjoy the beach and not to gawk, then it shouldn't matter that the couples would be off by themselves without you - you're just there to enjoy the sand and sun, correct?

And of course for those couples who want all the attention the trolls badly want to give you, you'd certainly be free to place your towel on the sand outside of the couples area - even better, since it would then be obvious who wants all that attention and who doesn't.

My $0.02......

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  10:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Too many guys for a hetero males liking? Really?

At the risk of stating the obvious, and as someone who always goes to Gunnison WITH a woman, did it ever occur to you that you are part of the problem and not part of the solution?

We've spoken to many, many couples at Gunnison that wish there was a couples only section - in the past 10 years we've been going to Gunnison, we've never, ever had any problems with other couples or single females - it's always the roving trolls, or fully clothed idiots with their cell phone cameras who create trouble and drive the women and couples away. Have any of the posts complaining about inappropriate behavior here ever involved anyone besides single males?

And before all you single guys start whining and flaming away (yes, I know it's not you, it's the other guys), if you're only there to enjoy the beach and not to gawk, then it shouldn't matter that the couples would be off by themselves without you - you're just there to enjoy the sand and sun, correct?

And of course for those couples who want all the attention the trolls badly want to give you, you'd certainly be free to place your towel on the sand outside of the couples area - even better, since it would then be obvious who wants all that attention and who doesn't.

My $0.02......

Thanks for your comments. I have thought a lot about this and I simply cannot find anything wrong with what you have said. Like you, I have never been to Gunnison (or any other CO beach) without my wife. And it is always the guys, usually the single guys, that make things uncomfortable for women. Now I understand that many guys for whatever reason cannot always bring their wife/girlfriend/whatever, but the ratio of men to women is so off kilter that something is clearly wrong there. Lovesthesun is right - you guys need to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.
Having a couples only would be a big step in the right direction, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Wonder if there is a way we can make that happen - at least on a de-facto basis.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  01:49:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There will never be a solution.That is my carefully-considered opinion,after having been to several nude beaches...People are the same everywhere,especially men.

I met a Russian woman at Gunnison who told me the same thing about nude beaches in the supposedly nudity-liberal Ukraine.She said that nudity was allowed on any beach,but that there were always some who objected to it(usually babushka-types),and that there were always a few middle-aged male dopes who foisted themselves on young women in order to "socialize".

I occasionally go to Gunnison alone,so I know how it feels to be a suspect before the fact.But,it's better than staying home on a sunny day,so I head on down anyway,then behave as if I'm at a Sunday School picnic.It's not all that easy to show up there unaccompanied, but oddly,that's when I've met the most people.Go figger.

And let's be honest here...We all enjoy people-watching,whether it be at the local supermarket or at the CO beach.Even the purest of nudists enjoy that,even if they state otherwise.Why else would they be going to a public beach,FCS?

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved