Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 283 ]  [ Total: 283 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/05/2009 :  09:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lots of regulars after Labor day. Also, dogs are allowed. The sun and water are still warm but,the wind screens can be quite helpful.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  8:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
We only go on a weekday and have notice only one lifeguard stand being used and a very narrow strip of beach under the protected area. the further we are from the lifeguards the better chance of running into the pervs. While we haven't notice alot of pervs, we suspect once the lifeguards leave for the season, it will increase. As a precaution, have the rangers' phone number saved in your cell. You never know when it will come in handy.

So, does anyone know the rangers' number?

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  10:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Park Police--24 hrs
718 338 3988
From the web site www.nps.gov/gate
contact us

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

tombstone
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  11:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Park Police
Sandy Hook Unit
(732) 872-5970

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  12:19:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One last gasp of the summer remains...

We're heading down for a few days on Sunday.The temps are expected to be in the mid- to high-70's,and the water is still 74,according to NODA.I'm expecting to waltz right in and park whenever I please on Sunday,which is maybe the best thing about this time of year.(I guess that if I want to have a beer,I need to bring my own,though..?I don't remember if the truck shows up after Labor Day.)

And,I hope those Great Whites stay up on the Cape.(I DO expect to see some schools of bluefish,but the most they'll excise is the occasional finger.)Anyone have a jellyfish report?

bairskyn

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  10:16:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit bairskyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mid-September and highs are still mid-70's... I will be in DC (from out west) next week and from all I've read in this forum, I am so tempted to take a day and visit Gunnison, but sooner or later the Weather God is going to decide to cool things down (and likely sooner, not later)... dammit!

CarnivaleB

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  7:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow sounds like a perfect beach day! I'm definitely going!

Bare it all

Posted - 09/17/2009 :  02:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be there again on Saturday with my girl! You can't miss us. We will be the youngest couple there again! 19 an 20, oh well it doesn't bother us! But hopefully there will be some more our age this time

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  12:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, hope you all are enjoying the cooler weather. Just wondering if anyone has been over to Gunnison recently. I've tried to make it the last few Sundays, but other obligations have caused a change in plans. Hoping we get those few hotter days like we always do in October, I am taking Columbus Day off, and planning on hitting the Hook, for the beach, or just for some quiet time. Anything new on the bridge, or any other news/ Like to hear from you. Take care, Bare NJ

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  9:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were there Sunday - 20th. Awesome day - perfect sunshine - nice breeze. Got there about noon. Lot was maybe 1/2 full. Lots of folks on the beach. The really neat thing was that there were really TWO beaches. You could walk off the the stony beach about 50 yards and come to a sand bar. The waves were coming into this second 'beach'. Very cool. So you waded through water up to your knees, then you were out of the water again. I was able to walk on that sand bar quite a ways down. The 'first' beach was stony and steep so it was hard to walk down that beach. Since I am one of those strange creatures that does not care for dogs, I was disappointed to see - maybe 10 (?) the 4 hours we were there. Nice to see them pooping in the sand. No problems that I noticed. Maybe a 5 minute backup when we left (why do people get in the left lane when the sign clearly says "left lane closed ahead" - are they illiterate or stupid?) Never mind. Still a great day.

sunlover1199
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  11:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thinking of going this thursday. Has anyone gone durning the week this late in the season ?
if so, what's the crowd like ? Mostly couples? singles? regulars? gawkrs?
is it safe to take my g/f?

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  5:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have gone in late September and early October the past two years. It's a nice time to be on the beach if you can find a nice day (weather). You will probably find the usual mix of couples, singles and regulars, and perhaps fewer gawkers... I think they stand out too much in a sparse crowd.

This has been a very busy summer for me... haven't been to Gunnison since early June... but I might try to get there tomorrow (Wednesday) and/or Thursday. If anyone is going, send me an email or PM and we can try to connect on the beach.

Rob77

Posted - 09/23/2009 :  10:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never been to a nude beach before but it's something I've wanted to try for awhile. I live in the city and don't drive, but I recently learned that there's a NJ Transit bus I can take to Sandy Hook. The warm weather is coming to and end and I get the feeling if I don't try soon, I won't get another chance till next year. A few questions:

1. Right now the weather forecast for this Saturday is mid 60s. Do you generally find that to be a comfortable temperature for a nude beach or is that too cool?

2. How far is Gunnisons beach from the entrance to the park. The bus stop is outside the park so I'd have to walk the rest of the way.

3. Are there any lockers near the beach? I would like to walk around the rest of the park with my camera after I'm done on the beach, but I'm not comfortable leaving it in my bag on the beach unattended. I'd rather lock it up instead. (That and I would feel weird bringing a camera to a nude beach anyways.)

Any other advice for a potential first timer?

Thanks,
Rob

tombstone
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  10:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob77

I've never been to a nude beach before but it's something I've wanted to try for awhile. I live in the city and don't drive, but I recently learned that there's a NJ Transit bus I can take to Sandy Hook. The warm weather is coming to and end and I get the feeling if I don't try soon, I won't get another chance till next year. A few questions:

1. Right now the weather forecast for this Saturday is mid 60s. Do you generally find that to be a comfortable temperature for a nude beach or is that too cool?

2. How far is Gunnisons beach from the entrance to the park. The bus stop is outside the park so I'd have to walk the rest of the way.

3. Are there any lockers near the beach? I would like to walk around the rest of the park with my camera after I'm done on the beach, but I'm not comfortable leaving it in my bag on the beach unattended. I'd rather lock it up instead. (That and I would feel weird bringing a camera to a nude beach anyways.)

Any other advice for a potential first timer?

Thanks,
Rob

I only have an answer for number 3. No lockers available. This is when it's useful to have a car or have a friend with a car. You can also bring a backpack and only carry your basic necessities. Some buses can transport bicycles too, so if you have one, then that could be useful. I think there's a place where you can lock your bike near the beach. There are limits to how far you can walk along the beach without clothes on. So, if you plan to walk far, then put on some trunks or just stay within the clothing optional boundaries.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  7:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob, the beach is almost 5 miles from the park entrance, so unless you are up for a healthy stretch of the legs, walking is NOT an option from the bus stop. I also doubt that there are any shuttle buses running,(there are during the summer). If it's not too windy, and the sun is out, being nude in 60 degree temps isn't bad at all. As for lockeres, never has and never will be any. Plus, walking around the whole of Sandy Hook might take a few days, so I think you best plan on driving yourself, or some other option. Good Luck, BareNJ

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.45 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved