Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 196 ]  [ Total: 196 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

adam888

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  1:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all! I am new to this forum and to New York... my name is Adam. I wanted to go to Gunnison for the first time too.. can you help me figure out the best way to get there from Manhattan? Thank you thank you!

newnudie10004

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  2:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

Hi, and welcome to the forum, New. I do believe that there is a shuttle bus from the dock that stops at all the beaches on Sandy Hook. It would be an almost 5 mile walk if the bus just stops at the entrance. Being this is the last official weekend of summer, I would almost bet the beach will be crowded. Especially if the weather is nice. So, if you do come, arrive before 9 to secure a decent spot on the sand. I would guess the ferry runs till later in the day, so finding a spot on it shouldn't be an issue if you leave before most of the crowd does, about 2 or so. Someone on here may be able to help you better if they have used it before. I have a season apss and always drive down, just an hours ride for me. Good luck, and hope you enjoy your first time at Gunnison.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just getting a little anxious and don't want anything to go wrong.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  2:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adam888

Hi all! I am new to this forum and to New York... my name is Adam. I wanted to go to Gunnison for the first time too.. can you help me figure out the best way to get there from Manhattan? Thank you thank you!

www.nps.gov/gate
There are links for transportation. Remember Gunnison is part of Sandy Hook Unit.
The seastreak web sits states they will have 7 day service to Sandy Hook until Sept 27.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Edited by - Balto Bob on 09/02/2009 2:45:25 PM

adam888

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  3:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also... I am planning on being at gunnison this thursday friday and saturday sept. 3,4 and 5th. I am a 24 year old guy who just moved to new york from Seattle, so if any other people my age-ish want to hang out please let me know!

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  8:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a bus stop in the parking lot of Gunnison for the ferry. I believe it stops every half hour. When departing the bus, check and see when is the last time it goes back to the ferry or else it will be a very long walk back to New York. It is stated on the sign where the bus drops you off.

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  10:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm coming from Manhattan and was planning on taking the Seastreak. I've heard different things but does anyone know for sure if there is a bus from the ferry dock that goes straight to Gunnison? And if not, is it far to walk?

Welcome newnudie10004 - If you get to use the Seastreak and make it to Gunnison, do everyone a favor and let us know how it goes - Is it on time, it it crowded, how long does it take etc. I'm sure lots of others would like to know this. I've see references to it in the past, but things may have changed. Have Fun!

newnudie10004

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  12:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will do!

tombstone
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  6:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm heading out there this Friday morning with my blue 'Tux' towel and blue cooler. I just happen to have blue things. I'm nearly blind without my glasses on, so I don't bother to look around for gawkers. everyone around me just looks like fuzzy shapes and then I plop my hat over my face.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  02:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Best wishes to all who make it this weekend.Be sure to take a dip;the water remains unusually warm.

We were there this past Sunday/Monday,and I've never had better conditions than I did on Sunday...80-something,and perfectly calm winds(!)The storm-surge from Danny was kicking up the biggest waves I've seen there in 4 years,too.I felt like a 6 year-old,bobbing around in them.So much fun.And,though I got up early to secure parking,it never got very crowded.It was a perfect day.

Monday was a bit cool,but nice enough.A few die-hard wierdos were about.(Some loser was masturbating openly,but WTF,Gunnison is nearly always a mixed-bag.)Heading back on Labor Day,and again the following week.September is a nice time to visit The Hook.

Everyone please post trip reports and news,and have a great time.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  06:12:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We only go on a weekday and have notice only one lifeguard stand being used and a very narrow strip of beach under the protected area. the further we are from the lifeguards the better chance of running into the pervs. While we haven't notice alot of pervs, we suspect once the lifeguards leave for the season, it will increase. As a precaution, have the rangers' phone number saved in your cell. You never know when it will come in handy.

CarnivaleB

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  12:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the nude beach for the first time last week by myself, it was amazing, and I can't wait to go back. Actually, I was thinking of going on Friday the 11th, because it's after Labor Day, so it's free, and the water and weather should still be nice. I'm a 25 year old guy, I was wondering if any other guys (or gals) would be into meeting up that day. PM me, and I'll give you some more details about myself, but I'm really just looking for some nice, laid-back friends to chat with.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  12:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This time of year it is east to spot the regulars (they're real brown). The lifeguards are gone but, the dogs will be there (after Labor Day). Revamped is there today (Must be nice to be retired). We are going to Las Vegas on the 15th and I'm working almost every day until then. Of course she live MUCH closer,too.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

adam888

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  1:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was there yesterday and it was really awesome... I wanted to go back today and saturday but I made the mistake of getting a little burnt so maybe I'll have to stay in. But it was sooo beautiful and the water was warm.

newnudie10004

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  8:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm definitely going on Sunday. PM me if you want to meet up on the beach. Cheers! :)

tombstone
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2009 :  01:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there this Friday afternoon. No traffic going in or out. A large crowd, but the parking lot wasn't too full. While laying down, I overheard the volleyball players walk over and sit down near my spot talking about their game. I think they were regulars because they were real dark. The big waves were very powerful and nearly knocked me over while trying to enter the surf. [I read at NJ.com that on Wednesday, the powerful waves at the NJ shore were so powerful, they knocked down 2 teens and one was left missing. I don't remember which beach it was.] The water was very warm and there was a nice cool breeze. While I was leaving, I saw one fully clothed gawker laying on his back with his sunglasses and mustache in the back behind the lifeguard stand. I saw a family of Raccoons at the tables across from the snack stand just before closing. Nobody fed them. I saw a lot of people walking through the wildlife protected area at the beach where the sand is sort of muddy looking. I wish people would obey the signs that are posted, though I didn't see the rangers enforcing that zone. There was only 1 lifeguard stand. Maybe I'll return some time this month after labor day. Do a lot of regulars go there in september after labor day?

Edited by - tombstone on 09/05/2009 01:30:36 AM

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved