Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board


Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password


Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 72 ]  [ Total: 72 ]  [ Newest Member: JimBranch ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 119

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2009 :  6:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the split ham advice...I hope I won't need to use it haha. I might be going tomorrow since I have nothing else to do until school starts. plus it looks like its gonna be a perfect day for the beach! keep and eye out for me with the american flag stuck next to me (on my gray towel) in the sand


Country: | Posts: 50 Go to Top of Page

dcb2264
New Member

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  11:01:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reposted from NJ.com:

Sandy Hook's Gunnison Beach is evacuated after chlorine leak

Tuesday, August 25th

SANDY HOOK -- The National Park Service this afternoon evacuated a portion of Sandy Hook following a "significant" chlorine gas leak from its sewage treatment plant.

Park rangers ordered hundreds of beachgoers to leave Gunnison Beach shortly before 3:30 p.m. because of its proximity to the treatment plant, which is just south of the entrance to that beach, said National Park Service spokesman Brian Feeney.

No employees or visitors were injured from the leak and the beachgoers on Gunnison, a clothing-optional beach, were evacuated as a precaution, he said.

The beaches south of Gunnison were not affected, he said.

The beachgoers were escorted by park rangers north along the beach to North Beach where shuttle buses were going to be stationed to ferry them south to the Gunnison parking lot, Feeney said.

Once leaving the parking lot, the vehicles will travel on the west side of the peninsula and would not be near the treatment plant on the east side, he said.

Visitors to Sandy Hook beaches will not be permitted north of Gunnison Beach. But visitors can access Fort Hancock north of Gunnison Beach as long as they remain on the westernmost road, Feeney said.

A hazmat team has responded but Feeney said he did not yet know what agency sent the team. The cause of the leak is still under investigation.

The treatment plant serves public restrooms, office buildings, the Coast Guard Station, the SeaGull's Nest restaurant, a concession stand and residences on the seven-mile peninsula in Monmouth County.


________________________________________________

Was anyone there yesterday during the evacuation? I was thinking about going around 3PM, glad I didn't.

As of this morning, the beach has re-opened.



Country: | Posts: 3 Go to Top of Page

bigracefan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  12:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dcb2264

Reposted from NJ.com:

Sandy Hook's Gunnison Beach is evacuated after chlorine leak

Tuesday, August 25th

SANDY HOOK -- The National Park Service this afternoon evacuated a portion of Sandy Hook following a "significant" chlorine gas leak from its sewage treatment plant.

Park rangers ordered hundreds of beachgoers to leave Gunnison Beach shortly before 3:30 p.m. because of its proximity to the treatment plant, which is just south of the entrance to that beach, said National Park Service spokesman Brian Feeney.

No employees or visitors were injured from the leak and the beachgoers on Gunnison, a clothing-optional beach, were evacuated as a precaution, he said.

The beaches south of Gunnison were not affected, he said.

The beachgoers were escorted by park rangers north along the beach to North Beach where shuttle buses were going to be stationed to ferry them south to the Gunnison parking lot, Feeney said.

Once leaving the parking lot, the vehicles will travel on the west side of the peninsula and would not be near the treatment plant on the east side, he said.

Visitors to Sandy Hook beaches will not be permitted north of Gunnison Beach. But visitors can access Fort Hancock north of Gunnison Beach as long as they remain on the westernmost road, Feeney said.

A hazmat team has responded but Feeney said he did not yet know what agency sent the team. The cause of the leak is still under investigation.

The treatment plant serves public restrooms, office buildings, the Coast Guard Station, the SeaGull's Nest restaurant, a concession stand and residences on the seven-mile peninsula in Monmouth County.


________________________________________________

Was anyone there yesterday during the evacuation? I was thinking about going around 3PM, glad I didn't.

As of this morning, the beach has re-opened.



Hey fishman81, was it REALLY a chlorine leak or were you demonstrating the effectiveness of the split ham? Maybe the chlorine leak was on purpose to clean people's eyes? j/k...ha




Country: | Posts: 14 Go to Top of Page

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  3:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK - I guess I will be the dummy that asks the obvious question. With regard to the "Hedo weekend" that Balto Bob mentioned would be happening this weekend at Gunnison, what kind of activities might be going on there besides the usual? I picture "Hedo" to be some wild and crazy stuff stuff that some regulars might find uncomfortable. I realize that (assuming we can find a parking space), we can choose to stay away from any activities that we find offensive. But I'm just curious. We were not planning on going this weekend anyway, but if we decided to go, what might we expect?



Country: | Posts: 56 Go to Top of Page

lightfxboy
New Member

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  5:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend and I will be going to Gunnison Beach for the 1st time tomorrow (8-27). Should be a good time. Does someone have an exact address to put into our GPS to get there?


Country: USA | Posts: 2 Go to Top of Page

njyankee60
Forum Member


Posted - 08/26/2009 :  5:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wife and I were there today and heard them talking about the chlorine leak, didn't know anything about it until then. It looked like the hook took a beating over the weekend from Hurricane Bill. The area around the boardwalk was full of water and at the end of the walk there must have been about 6" worth of sand missing, causing the walk to bounce a little. The sand all the way down to the waterline was hard and compacted, actually made it easier to walk on. We got there around 930 and by 11 the beach was the fullest we've seen all summer during the weekday. We met a few new(to us)people doing the "beach walk"(never did this on a clothed beach)and had a GREAT time. We reluctantly had to leave at 2. Hopefully, there will be a few more days like today!!


Country: | Posts: 88 Go to Top of Page

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  8:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dcb2264
Was anyone there yesterday during the evacuation? I was thinking about going around 3PM, glad I didn't.
As of this morning, the beach has re-opened.


Yes, I was there on chlorine leak day. My bad luck - I live far away and can't get to Gunnison very often. At least it happened later in the afternoon. I didn't get the word that we had to leave until 4:30. That's when I think most people were told. The long walk up to North Shores was bad news for some, especially the older folks. I would hope that some were driven but I don't know that. There was a long procession of people up to North Shores. From the entrance at North Shores some walked back to the Gunnison parking lot and some waited for the bus. At the time I got there they only had one bus in operation. I didn't bother waiting for it. Glad to hear Gunnison reopened. It would have been a bummer for anybody coming a long distance on Wednesday if it hadn't.




Country: | Posts: 51 Go to Top of Page

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  10:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

OK - I guess I will be the dummy that asks the obvious question. With regard to the "Hedo weekend" that Balto Bob mentioned would be happening this weekend at Gunnison, what kind of activities might be going on there besides the usual? I picture "Hedo" to be some wild and crazy stuff stuff that some regulars might find uncomfortable. I realize that (assuming we can find a parking space), we can choose to stay away from any activities that we find offensive. But I'm just curious. We were not planning on going this weekend anyway, but if we decided to go, what might we expect?



yes please, I want to know also.
My wife and I are supposed to go this weekend, unless this weather they are calling for comes true.
If my wife has a bad experience, it will be difficult to get her to go again.



Country: USA | Posts: 34 Go to Top of Page

tombstone
Forum Member


Posted - 08/27/2009 :  04:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hurricane (currently a tropical storm) Danny will be off the shores of NJ on Saturday, forecast as a category 1 hurricane, tossing up rip tides throughout this weekend. Waves will increase in size, so swimming is probably not a good idea and it could get windy since this storm is forecasted to come closer to NJ than Hurricane Bill. I thought about going there this weekend or on Friday, but if this storm is a threat I might go there next week instead.


Country: USA | Posts: 13 Go to Top of Page

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member


Posted - 08/27/2009 :  1:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always wondered what that group of buildings were way back behind the dunes. Guess with all the bathroom use on Sandy Hook, we do need a sewage treatment plant. Too bad for all those bathers that had that long walk (like the regular walk to the lot isn't bad enough at the end of the day). Glad no one was affected by it physically, hate to see anyone get sick. As far as this weekend is concerned, early reports say it is a total wash out. Hurricane Danny might just clip enough of NJ to cancel out all activities, north and south. Saying possible rain Sunday, as well. Hoping to get down one day next week before the summer un-officially ends. Take care, BareNJ


Country: USA | Posts: 134 Go to Top of Page

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2009 :  07:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
new reports for Sunday- partly cloudy high 81.
We're gonna give it a shot. Already have the babysitter lined up.



Country: USA | Posts: 34 Go to Top of Page

Balto Bob
$ Supporter


Posted - 08/29/2009 :  09:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We (Revamped & I) were there on Thursday. Didn't know about Wednesday. We saw and spoke to a group with a windscreen marked "Sandy Hookers". At least 10 couples on Thursday. Built a big square using several sets of wind screens. They wre right on the ocean near the lifeguards. We noticed LOTS of liquor and some hugging but, nothing else. This seems to be an anual event for them.
We had a grand time. The weather wasn't good in the morning but, cleared up. Managed to walk the entire beach.
For the folks with GPS. Try
106 Ocean Blvd
Sea Bright, NJ
I think that is the restaurant at the entrance (Something Fishy)


Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/



Country: USA | Posts: 821 Go to Top of Page

jw1
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2009 :  11:35:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

We (Revamped & I) were there on Thursday. Didn't know about Wednesday. We saw and spoke to a group with a windscreen marked "Sandy Hookers". At least 10 couples on Thursday. Built a big square using several sets of wind screens. They wre right on the ocean near the lifeguards. We noticed LOTS of liquor and some hugging but, nothing else. This seems to be an anual event for them.


Sounds like you caught the beginning of the Hedo reunion weekend...it is an annual event although I would guess the weather and traffic issues will keep attendence down this weekend.



Country: | Posts: 25 Go to Top of Page

newnudie10004
New Member

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  1:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
I'm new to the forums and nudism in general so hi!


Anyway, I really want to go to Gunnison this Sunday and I had a few questions I wanted to see if you guys could answer.

I'm coming from Manhattan and was planning on taking the Seastreak. I've heard different things but does anyone know for sure if there is a bus from the ferry dock that goes straight to Gunnison? And if not, is it far to walk?

Secondly, I was planning on going this Sunday, September 6. I am a little worried about the crowds (especially in terms of getting back on the ferry) Does anyone know whether it will be particularly more or less crowded because of Labor Day? And what other options there are if there isn't space left on the ferry?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out, I look forward to hearing from you!



Country: | Posts: 4 Go to Top of Page

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member


Posted - 09/02/2009 :  1:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, and welcome to the forum, New. I do believe that there is a shuttle bus from the dock that stops at all the beaches on Sandy Hook. It would be an almost 5 mile walk if the bus just stops at the entrance. Being this is the last official weekend of summer, I would almost bet the beach will be crowded. Especially if the weather is nice. So, if you do come, arrive before 9 to secure a decent spot on the sand. I would guess the ferry runs till later in the day, so finding a spot on it shouldn't be an issue if you leave before most of the crowd does, about 2 or so. Someone on here may be able to help you better if they have used it before. I have a season apss and always drive down, just an hours ride for me. Good luck, and hope you enjoy your first time at Gunnison.


Country: USA | Posts: 134 Go to Top of Page
Page: of 119 Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2017 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

 

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved

Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000