Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 231 ]  [ Total: 231 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  10:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today, the Asbury Park Press has another article about the bridge construction (or rather destruction) nearly at the Sandy Hook entrance. Here is the URL:
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080712/NEWS01/807120384/1004

Of special note in that article is that traffic is a greater problem leaving Sandy Hook, because everybody wants to leave in late afternoon.

Naturally, Catbird

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  1:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looking for a little advice from the Gunnison regulars...

I've always planned my trips for weekdays in the past,having been unwilling to drive 4 hours only to find no parking available at The Hook.I wonder if the situation is different this year in light of gas prices and bridge construction?

1.Have you frequent flyers seen Lot G closed on weekends by 10 AM,as in years past?

2.If so,have you noticed it re-opened after,say,2 PM?

3.And have you seen both Lot G and the North Beach lots closed at any time lately?

Thanks for your time,folks!

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  2:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Fishman.. Lot G is usually full by 10 on weekends - sometimes 9:30 even - but the good news is that you don't have to park way down at North Beach now - they've opened another lot a little further down the same road Lot G is on - it's a grassy lot on the right after you pass Lot G (driving away from the entrance to Gunnison). Looks like it will hold quite a few cars and you don't have to walk all the way to North Beach - just maybe another 100 feet more from the back of Lot G. Our friends got to the beach about 10 this past saturday and used this new satellite lot - saved a lot of walking for them. As for when Lot G reopens I can't answer that - as we usually stay until 3:30 or 4 but it's always open at that time. Good luck!

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  1:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks,Robin!That new lot is straight down the road past the Lot G entrance,or behind Lot G itself?

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  5:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishman: If you drive past the entrance to the beach - keep going straight past the exit and entrance to Lot G and the parking is a little ways down on the right - can't miss it.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  5:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nurserobin - is that just past the intersection? The intersection of the exit of Lot G. or do you turn right at the intersection.
I know there is a real big lot, if memory serves me correctly when you make a right turn at the intersection. It is a grass type of lot. I wish Google Earth worked better; at least I could get a birds eye view.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  5:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a quick search for Gunnison Beach using 40 27 36.15 N, 73 59 43.74 W
But Google Earth is out of date! I see Parking Lot G as well as the path through the woods, but no other parking lot nearby.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  9:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again,Robin.Now for my $0.02 on the topic of the flies...

Seems like they're always there and biting away at some point each time I go.(I must taste better than Catbird.)

As was said above,they're worst when the winds blows off the dunes,they associate themselves closely with the sand,and they tend to stay low.

Try this:spread out an old sheet,and park your chair right in the middle of.My friend did this last week,and she relaxed unmolested while I was getting eaten alive 5 feet away on the sand. Smart girl!

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  03:33:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or use Cutter Insect repellant.

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  07:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Widowerman - It's not a paved lot - it's a grassy place that they're using for parking - As for insect repellant - the last thing I want to put on my skin is that poison...

quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

But Google Earth is out of date! I see Parking Lot G as well as the path through the woods, but no other parking lot nearby.

Edited by - nurserobin on 07/17/2008 07:40:53 AM

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  07:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

Thanks again,Robin.Now for my $0.02 on the topic of the flies...

Seems like they're always there and biting away at some point each time I go.(I must taste better than Catbird.)

As was said above,they're worst when the winds blows off the dunes,they associate themselves closely with the sand,and they tend to stay low.

Try this:spread out an old sheet,and park your chair right in the middle of.My friend did this last week,and she relaxed unmolested while I was getting eaten alive 5 feet away on the sand. Smart girl!

You don't need to be the worst tasting morsel to the flies... Just worse than the person next to you!

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  10:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nurserobin

Widowerman - It's not a paved lot - it's a grassy place that they're using for parking - As for insect repellant - the last thing I want to put on my skin is that poison...

quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

Nurserobin - then what do you suggest? I do not happen to have an Avon Lady nearby, hence the reason I use the handle widowerman.
Besides, years ago I used that Skin So Soft, it kind of worked, but the experts swear by go old Deet. And personally, all that Skin So Soft did, was exactly what it says it does. But for me it lasted only about 15 mins, and then I had to reapply. By the end of the day I was a greasy mess. But I did smell real purty!

Well, I am going down on Saturday after my 6-week moratorium against high gas prices. I think Saturday is going to be a real scorcher.

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  6:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://shop.avon.com/shop/product_list.asp?level1_id=300&level2_id=303&pdept_id=344&dept_id=416&cat_type=B

[/quote]

Nurserobin - then what do you suggest? I do not happen to have an Avon Lady nearby, hence the reason I use the handle widowerman.

[/quote]

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  07:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nurserobin

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product_list.asp?level1_id=300&level2_id=303&pdept_id=344&dept_id=416&cat_type=B

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi nurserobin - thanks for the link! I'll give it a try.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  11:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sounds like a business opportunity!

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.54 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved