Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 225 ]  [ Total: 225 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  6:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

That link does work, Robin. Hope the bridge construction goes faster than planned, or getting to Gunnison will be pure HELL. I will try to find something of a better alternate route and post it here when I have it figured out. Till then, just grin and BARE IT. LOL
BareNJ

On a map, I figured out this alternate way to get to Sandy Hook and avoid that bridge.

Get off GS Parkway at same exit: however look for Route 35 instead. Take Route 35 through Red Bank, Look for Route 520. Turn left on to Route 520 and go east. Take 520 until after you have gone over a long bridge. 520 then ends. Turn left on to Route 36 northbound. That will take you to Sandy Hook. In effect you approach Sandy Hook from the south.

Best of luck.

Naturally, Catbird

MtnMan

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  7:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Send MtnMan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cat and Robin thanks. I hope to hear how each route will work out when the construction starts since we won't be able to get down there for another three weeks or so.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  8:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess the good news is I don't cross that bridge and I visit during the week. I come from the south through Sea Bright.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

HJ47
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  03:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Send HJ47 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I missed the beach Monday, but didn't really mind as the events of the night before and that morning were worth missing the beach.

I'm hoping to head out Friday.

I still need to find a good place to buy a beach umbrella. Is my best bet just to get one at the usual places like Wal-Mart/Target/etc.?

And catbird, I'm approaching Gunnison from the South, from 195, going north on the GS Parkway. Is the bridge construction going to affect me if I'm picking up 36 from there?

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  09:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The bridge contruction is right at the entrance to Sandy Hook. While we (you,me, Catbird) don't cross that bridge, I'm sure we will see some issues with traffic.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  11:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HJ47

And catbird, I'm approaching Gunnison from the South, from 195, going north on the GS Parkway. Is the bridge construction going to affect me if I'm picking up 36 from there?

I presume you mean exit 105 from the parkway (the exit marked To Long Branch).

The bridge construction won't affect you as much. The traffic issue you will find is people bypassing the under construction bridge.

Naturally, Catbird

hagen

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  12:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forecast is for "scattered thunderstorms" Saturday. Just wondering, what do you guys do when a thunderstorm hits?

Thanks.

Montegue

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  8:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hagen

Forecast is for "scattered thunderstorms" Saturday. Just wondering, what do you guys do when a thunderstorm hits?

Thanks.

Montegue

Oh, that’s easy! We SING!!!

Rain, rain go away, lil’ Johnny wants to play.

Or we all run for cover! Which is the smart thing to do! There’s not much cover on an open beach and the government assumes that you’ll do the right thing, like don’t vote Bush in for a second term. Whoa! How did that get in there?

Anyway, think tribal! You see the clouds darkening and the airs goes cold, head for shelter, or sing Gimme Shelter in the key of Jagger. Damn I have to get out more.

When I was a lad, we lived in caves, no that’s not it! Any way, way back when in an innocent time I use to venture to a beach in Staten Island with my family. It was called South Beach to be exact, and they had this neat boardwalk. When the skies were bad we all ran under the boardwalk, out of the sun, under the board walk, boardwalk! Geeze, I can’t get away from them songs.

No seriously, I always look, listened and run when the bad stuff is going to hit! That’s about it. Or crowd in the Men’s Room or Ladies Room, respectively, which makes no sense at all. I mean come on! You were just moments ago on a nude beach with folks of a different color and persuasion and sex and THEY WERE NAKED! Does any of this make sense to anyone? That’s OK, I’m one to call the kettle black. I WILL NOT BE NUDE OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM because my daughter who still lives at home at the ripe old age of 24 could see me. Yeah, I know, makes no sense to me either. I know this is a topic for another place but since I brought it up, how many of you folks out there are in fear of being nude in front of people that you know? I can’t do it! I can go to a nude beach and be very comfortable in the nude in front of strangers but not with folks I know. What the hell, I was at nude parties last year and THAT WAS NORMAL FOR ME! Makes no sense at all.

Hey, with Mr. George Carlin gone I figure somebody has to pick up the slack!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  10:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FYI- The lifeguards will clear the beach if there is lightning. I went back to my car(left my stuff on the beach). You can stay if it just rain though.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

slick214
Forum Member

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  7:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please keep us updated on the traffic with the bridge repair. We are heading out from the midwest next week and can use all the help we can get!

Venicelover1958

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  4:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I am a first time poster and really appreciate everyone's helpful comments about Gunnison's Beach. I've never been, but I am thinking about making the trip in early October, when I get a week's vacation. Is it generally warm enough to enjoy the beach in New Jersey at that time of year? (I am a Kentucky resident.) I assume the crowds are pretty much gone by then.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  5:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Venicelover1958

Hello everyone. I am a first time poster and really appreciate everyone's helpful comments about Gunnison's Beach. I've never been, but I am thinking about making the trip in early October, when I get a week's vacation. Is it generally warm enough to enjoy the beach in New Jersey at that time of year? (I am a Kentucky resident.) I assume the crowds are pretty much gone by then.

Yes and Yes. The park is open dawn to dusk year round. There is NO fee after labor day. You will find folks at Gunnison until frostbite season (Just not as many).

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  7:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I was at Gunnison Beach. I t was a cloudy day with forecast of scattered showers (that never came).

The problem today was those biting flies. Some people had fly swatters. I wonder whether Off might keep the flies away. Maybe some people were spraying Off or maybe it was sunscreen they were spraying. Therefore I suggest on your next visit to Gunnison Beach, bring a fly swatter and Off.

This is the first I have known for biting flies to be at Sandy Hook. I do know that Island Beach State Park has a perennial biting fly problem, on the side by Barnegat Bay. BTW, Island beach is strictly textile.

Naturally, Catbird

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  8:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've combatted the biting flies at Gunnison for years - this year is particularly bad... The best repellent for these flies we've found is Skin So Soft spray on oil - the flies just don't seem to want to land on you if you are coated in it - usually you just have to do your legs. You have to use a pretty good coating though - not just a spritz....good luck!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  9:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now you know why I bought the screen tent. It is not private (All screen) but, helps keep the flies out. The flies seem to be worse if the wind is from the dunes. They also stay close to the sand. You really need to be up off the beach to lay out. Even a couple of inches seems to help (I also bought an air mattress).

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.4 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved