Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 199 ]  [ Total: 199 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

openess
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  07:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Whenever ANYONE sees inappropriate behavior on any nudist beach, we need to speak up and stop the activity. That's one of the reasons Higbee beach was closed, also in NJ.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Hey, good luck with that! There is so much going on in tents, out in the open, in the dunes and elsewhere that to try to get it under control, if that is what we want, would make the beach a police state.

No. It would just make it like almost every other beach in the country.

beachnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  08:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

quote:

Whenever ANYONE sees inappropriate behavior on any nudist beach, we need to speak up and stop the activity. That's one of the reasons Higbee beach was closed, also in NJ.
Cheri

-
-

Hey, good luck with that! There is so much going on in tents, out in the open, in the dunes and elsewhere that to try to get it under control, if that is what we want, would make the beach a police state.

Park Rangers don�t care, the life guards don�t care, most people don�t care.

If people report these pests and they (the pests) know that the police will be down on them they will soon desist and everyone can then enjoy the beach again. Insisting that people act in a decent and respectful manner is not too much to expect. If you see this type of carry-on then step up and report it. Don't just wait for someone else to do it. Too many people think that way and leave it to others with the result that these pests think that they can get away with anything.
Creating a safe and pleasant environment is not turning the beach into a police state.

raybones63

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  09:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beachnudist
If people report these pests and they (the pests) know that the police will be down on them they will soon desist and everyone can then enjoy the beach again. Insisting that people act in a decent and respectful manner is not too much to expect. If you see this type of carry-on then step up and report it. Don't just wait for someone else to do it. Too many people think that way and leave it to others with the result that these pests think that they can get away with anything.
Creating a safe and pleasant environment is not turning the beach into a police state.

I agree 100%

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  2:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cheri

-
-

The Sandy Hook management is aware that inappropriate behavior does go on. I will tell you how do I know.

On the hottest day of June 2006, I was foolish enough to go to Gunnison Beach when the temperature humidity index was 110. At age 72, I should know better. When I felt like passing out, I decided that it is time to leave. I found that I didn't have the strength to push my Rolleze cart. I so informed the lifeguard. I was taken to a first aid station at Sandy Hook (at a textile beach).

When at first aid station, I was asked whether I have seen any inappropriate behavior. Like a politician, I answered that I haven't. A first aid employee said in effect, "Nonsense." He said that they would like to be rid of the homosexuality problem. They know that inappropriate behavior does go on.

BTW, I was taken to the ER at the Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, where they found me to be dehydrated.

We are lucky to that Gunnison Beach is still available to nudists.

We have lost the use of Higbee Beach, partially because of inappropriate behavior. Speak up when you see inappropriate behavior. That kind of stuff could get Gunnison closed. If Gunnison beach closes, that means the end of any nude beach in New Jersey -- that would curtail my nudist activity.

Naturally, Catbird

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  7:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lewd it and lose it
If this behavior continues it is only a matter of time until this beach will no longer be nude. There is a track record of lewd behavior being the catalyst that causes the authorities to crack down on the nudist because they can't or simply don't want to differenciate between those who are simply nude and those who are lewd. If the regular users of the beach don't act it wil happen it has happen many times in the past.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  1:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the lifegaurds don't care about inapropriate behavior because they feel it's the rangers job. The Rangers act like most of the other authorities in that they only care about what happens to CERTAIN people. And will only respond to certain people's complaints. If any of you have any Black or Hispanic friends you will know what I'm talking about. Since a lot of people think our lifestyle choice is strange, we nudists are now a minority and the rangers will only react unless serious laws have been broken.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  5:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was a beautiful day at the beach. The lot was about half full at 11:30 thursday morning. Now that the Nesting Area has been lifted we get the whole beach. I walked quite aways south and never did find the end.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  2:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

It was a beautiful day at the beach. The lot was about half full at 11:30 thursday morning. Now that the Nesting Area has been lifted we get the whole beach. I walked quite aways south and never did find the end.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

There is indeed an end. The sign (Entering Clothed area) is away from the water and is next to the roped off dunes area. It is understandable that a nudist might miss seeing it and inadvertently walk into clothed area -- especially if he/she stays close to the water.

Naturally, Catbird

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  10:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All the roped off areas seem to be gone. I believe the boundry is with the fishing beach. There were folks on th beach as far as I walked, though they are very sparce. September is a very good time to visit Gunnison

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  10:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

Chalk one up for the good guys. Was at the beach today, and we actually had a gawker removed. He was taking pictures(with a zoom lense no less) and tried to deny it. Once the gentlemen who approached him about taking pics of his wife, asked a lifeguard to call the rangers, the guy grabbed all his stuff and ran back to the parking area, with a lifeguard on a quad chasing him. He never made it past the bathrooms, and was brought back to be identified. Not sure if he was just told to leave, or if any type of charges were filed, but it does show that when you handle these guys the right way, they show their true character, and run like their hair was on fire. Plenty of the other kind of gawkers, unfortunately. The guys that show up with coolers, clothes and bulging eyes. One day we will be able to rid ourselves of them, as well. Is it me, or is there a new type of gawker. I noticed four or fives couples, male and female, walking around fully clothed. Not in bathing suits, or any other type of beach attire. I mean jeans, t-shirts, things like that. Not sure why, with the heat today, you would want to have anything on. Like to hear if anyone else has noticed it. Get nude and enjoy, BareNJ

Chalk up one more for the good guys. On Sept. 8 I was at Gunnison and late in the afternoon some women nearby started hollering to "stop that guy". They had seen him sneak a picture of someone else. A husky, very physically fit young man went after him and quickly caught up with him. The guy didn't offer any resistance (he would have been crazy to resist or run). The big guy just walked him off to the rangers and he walked right along. About a half hour later the ladies "hero" came back, but the photographer was detained. I'm not going to describe in detail what I overheard him say because I couldn't hear all of it, but I do believe the photographer now has a serious problem such as an upcoming court appearance. The ages of some of his subjects and the number of pictures in his camera are involved here if you know what I mean. Over an hour later when I left the beach for the day he was still being detained. This is a much better outcome than simply throwing his camera into the ocean would have been. The rangers really do something about things like this when you get them involved.

nudedoc

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  10:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a 35 year old married male. I went for my first time on Sunday, hoping for a stress-free relaxing time. It was quite nice - until I realized that two guys were gawking at me. I kept wondering, why this one guy was facing away from the water - despite being right at the water. I finally realized when he was staring me down, as I was about to get dressed.

Then I walked over to what I thought would be an out of the way spot to get dressed. Then a woman yelled at me "hey dude, don't stop there - keep on moving." I realized she was right nearby - so I went off to the edge and got dressed.

I guess, my difficult part was where to go to not be gawked at, and not feel like I was infringing on other's space.

I must say overall, felt very relaxing. Didn't feel like I needed to keep adjusting my bathing suit - since I'm thin and don't have much of a waist to keep it up.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  8:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

September is a very good time to visit Gunnison

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

I agree that September is a very good time to visit Gunnison. I was there September 19. There is less of a crowd there. I found a spot right on the water. In September, there still are plenty of warm days and the ocean is still warm. in addition, dogs are allowed in September -- several people brought their dog. I concede that there is no life guard; therefore swimming is at your own risk.

Naturally, Catbird

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  07:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in 1967 it was the summer of love, I was only 11 years old so it blew right pass me. I was still trying to figure out how you ask a girl out on a date. Now 40 years later all those left out of the “love ins” of the 60’s have matured in to dirty old men and women and took a younger generation along for the ride.

So we have a resurgence of not very nice behavior, including smoking pot out under the sun. I thought I knew what the smell was! Silly naive I to think we all grew out of that sort of behavior. And we had almost everything going into the mix this summer around, a war to protest in coffee clutch talk, celebrities all drugged out and running around bare butt, the raise of meth, gee, what else did we forget?

Well boys and girls, just think of it, the 60’s counter revolution ended, we got disco music, the me generation of the 80’s came slamming into us, the emergence of the internet in the 90’s which gave us overnight paper millionaires and then unfortunately, 9/11

Maybe it was September 11, 2001 that made more people think life was to short to chase a buck or two and now they all want to play and party.

Historian’s years from now will have a better 20/20 hindsight than any of us could ever imagine.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 09/20/2007 10:13:52 AM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  02:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
(Anyone there for this past weekend?If so,how was the parking situation,etc?)

I'm heading out tomorrow for a couple of days.The temps are forecast to reach 87(!) on Tuesday,and I wouldn't be able to live with myself over the winter if I passed up that opportunity.One thing,though:I'm forced to fly solo for the first time in maybe 20 visits to Gunnison.

In the past,I always felt right at home in the de-facto couple's section to the north,having always been accompanied by a woman.This time,I think that I ought to steer clear of any females on the beach,single or otherwise.

Why?Because I'm the victim of my own knowledge of the place.Every single time I've been to Gunnison,lone males park themselves near me and my companion du jour,and commence to sit there and gape.I don't want to be viewed as belonging to that same ilk of crass voyeur,and possibly even being read the riot act,as I've done once or twice in the past to overly-blatant gawkers.

Suppose it serves me right.What goes around,comes around...So,look for me waaaaay down at the border of Gunnison and the Fishing Beach.I'll wave a cheery "hello" to you,and you may even see me doing so,if you use a good set of binoculars.

In summary,I'm feeling a little alienated even thinking about going there alone as a single male.Anyone else ever felt the same way?

Edited by - Fishman81 on 09/24/2007 02:47:36 AM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  11:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are a lot of out there. I NEVER park myself near a couple. I try to stay between the Snack bar and the ocean. Mostly because I am VERY near sighted and I don't wear my glasses in the ocean. I need a landmark to find my way back with out wandering through a lot of folks. The Vollyball area is pretty good, too. They tend to be more social. It helps if you are willing to play.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.44 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved