Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 158 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  09:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

About the security idea. I understand Haulover in Florida has "Ambassadors" who deal with most of the issues you mentioned. Their uniform is only a hat and I think either a 2 way radio or cell phone. Think the greeters at Wal-mart (which ARE security, BTW). If you need backup you call for the guys with guns and badges.

I wish I lived closer to Gunnison. I would be able to visit more often and maybe get more involved. This would not be hard to do. Most of us would like to see more women and families on the beach.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  10:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is too bad when women stay away, because of those self-appointed photographers. Hence the great pleasure of beach nudism is taken away.

I well understand the work situation that a nude photo would be a black mark against one's professional status. You can always say that the picture is of a look-alike. And besides it is a remote chance of a client seeing the photo.

Us old geezers are not photogenic.

Naturally, Catbird

love the sun

Posted - 09/04/2007 :  10:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

Oh for the love of…!

OK, so the photos on the beach of nudies is a bad thing and it’s only the “guys” who say it’s ok, perhaps you’re right. However, it’s a public beach and too bad for the rest of us that we can’t enforce our own rules and the hell with everyone else.

I for one want only my rules to be enforced and the hell with everyone else.

My rules are (drum roll please!):

1) no cameras
2) no loud music that I haven’t pre-approved
3) no music from the 80’s or 90’s and absolutely no music past 1974 or earlier than 1952
4) NO DISCO!
5) no more cigarettes
6) no beer
7) no loud talk
8) no kids under the age of 35
9) no laughing
10) no insider jokes
11) no long walk to the beach! I’m too old and too crabby to get into shape now.
12) A parking lot right on the beach no further than 50 yards from the water. See above rule
13) English spoken only. This beach is in America, like the name says, The United States of America, not Latin America of the free States of France. Oh yeah, and when I say English spoken only I mean good ol’ American Mid-West home on the range English. NO ACCENTS WILL BE ALLOWED.
14) No body builders
15) No body piercing of any sort
16) No over abundant perfume or cologne
17) You must absolutely bath with soap and water BEFORE you come onto the beach
18) No flight patterns over the beach
19) No boats off shore
20) All water craft must now hug the coast of Long Island. Let the Hampton’s get the oil slicks for awhile.
21) No two different parties maybe within 10 feet of each other with blankets and umbrellas. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to reach the water though the blanket/umbrella maze.
22) ABSOLUTELY NO SEX or even talk of such matters on or near the beach
23) No happy couples
24) No children laughing, but rule No. 8 should cover that!
25) And of course, NO FUN AT ALL!

Now I think we can all live with those rules.

P.s. Before I forget, I also want to be King of the Beach. After all, it’s good to be King.

I have to say that I, for one, see the merit of what Sunny1 has to say, share her concern, and don't appreciate your facetious response. Even if you can't understand the issues she raises, I don't believe that most of us see the humor in her response that you do.

I have been with my gf on several occasions and have been harassed at Gunnison - both by groups of roving hispanic males, as well as by gawkers with cameras (on the beach AND by the showers). We haven't been back since our last negative experience, at the beginning of this season.

Make fun and ignore it - I can't wait to see what witty remark you have to make the first day you show up at Gunnison, only to find that the only other people there are guys who don't mind having their pictures taken. I would personally miss the mix of folks, but perhaps I'm in the minority on this.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  05:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In answer to them out there that do not find humor in life I offer the following.

Damn, you folks are pretty thin skinned about it all.
And what’s with the “roving Hispanic males” remarks? Are we to believe that only a certain race is responsible for bad behavior? I’ve seen plenty of my shares of bad behavior and now with the “official” season over, we all have about 9 months to come up with solutions or “safe guards”

Obviously the very first safe guards are the life guards; they can and will contact the Park Rangers. As for what complaint any one can levy, that is a matter of the law. Remember the law? You have to be breaking or attempting to break the law for any action on part of officials. As for gawking, please, no one is that good looking to be drooled over. I haven’t seen Ken and Barbie at the beach yet and I was there so many times this year that I got my monies worth on my season pass. A quick side note about the “cameras” and paparazzi; while out in a public place you can and will have your picture taken. It’s perfectly legal. As I said it before and it bears repeating, it only becomes illegal when somebody is making a buck off of it and you are still deemed to be a private citizen. At last check most of us have not obtained the coveted prize of being a “somebody”

Now back to the blatant racism; if you or any one of us hates “roving Hispanic males” and such peoples that do not meet your citizenship requirements than perhaps it is now time for the burning crosses and white hoods to ride again.

‘nuff said abut this and witty remarks, it is now time for me to begin once again to work on my beach body. See you all next season if it is in the cards.

Oh yeah, a few more points; all of this bad behavior has not stop the teeming multitudes of a mixed groups from going to Gunnison Beach. In fact it seems that the complainers are a sliver of the minority that has any problems. If there is any complaining to do I have a few. How about making the parking lot closer to the beach like the other beaches have? And how about bathrooms closer also? How about showers right there in the clothing optional part of the beach? Is it me but doesn’t any one find it odd that we all go to Gunnison not to have our bathing suits wet and when we exit the beach we have to use the showers with clothes on? Does that make any sense?

If any of you want to boycott the beach, please feel free to do so. At least the rest of us will find a parking spot.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  10:57:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

Chalk one up for the good guys. Was at the beach today, and we actually had a gawker removed. He was taking pictures(with a zoom lense no less) and tried to deny it. Once the gentlemen who approached him about taking pics of his wife, asked a lifeguard to call the rangers, the guy grabbed all his stuff and ran back to the parking area, with a lifeguard on a quad chasing him. He never made it past the bathrooms, and was brought back to be identified. Not sure if he was just told to leave, or if any type of charges were filed, but it does show that when you handle these guys the right way, they show their true character, and run like their hair was on fire. Plenty of the other kind of gawkers, unfortunately. The guys that show up with coolers, clothes and bulging eyes. One day we will be able to rid ourselves of them, as well. Is it me, or is there a new type of gawker. I noticed four or fives couples, male and female, walking around fully clothed. Not in bathing suits, or any other type of beach attire. I mean jeans, t-shirts, things like that. Not sure why, with the heat today, you would want to have anything on. Like to hear if anyone else has noticed it. Get nude and enjoy, BareNJ

I am reposting this in case some of you missed it. It is possible to deal with some of the issues folks have raised. I do not think we need to turn Gunnison into a police state.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

flatfoot

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  2:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had made the trip with my wife early in August; it was her first time. She enjoyed the experience overall. She did feel uncomfortable when a group of "gawkers" showed up and decided to hang around fully clothed and with-in 10 yards of us. Yes, sorry "widowerman", they were hispanic. I did not see any other groups of "gawkers" of a particular race or sex for that matter. I do not believe anyone is racist here by singling out a particular group, however, facts are facts. I just told my wife that they are idiots and to ignore them. They did eventually get up and leave. I do hope that it did not have a negative affect on her returning later this month.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  3:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I, for one, think the idea has some merit - I've read several posts all essentially saying that this would be a waste of money - no offense, but I also noticed that they were all from the male members of this forum.

As a female, you can't imagine how threatening it is to be laying naked on a beach and have a group of clothed hispanic boys walk up and snap photos of you with their cell cameras. Just ignore them? Yeah, sure.....

And what good would it do for me to race over to a lifeguard, complain, only to find that they've disappeared. I don't want them to have photos of me. How relaxing is that kind of day?

And to Widowerman, who basically says, 'ignore them - it's their problem, not yours - they can't legally publish your photos, and so what if your boss sees them'? Apologies, but that is absolutely absurd - the internet is chock full of illegally published photos, and I think I speak for 99.995% of all the women when I say that my job/career would essentially be over if the prople who work wiht me, and FOR me, discovered nice clear nude pictures of me at the beach. That would be it - I could never recover from something like that.

Personally, I have a very 'public' position in my own business, on that depends on the trust of my clients - such pictures would ruin me - my practice would essentially be worthless.

So, no, I don't just want to ignore them - what I've done instead is avoided Gunnison after some bad experiences with cell cameras earlier this season. If I sound bitter, it's because I am - I'm the one that had to give up something I enjoyed, because of the freedom these gawkers ahve to get away with htis.

I am sorry for your loss of your freedom to enjoy this beach in peace.

I offer some suggestions knowing full well you have heard some before.

1. Take a friend either male or female dosen't matter there is safety in numbers.

2. Sit near a group of others preferably a group with other females and make friends, again safety in numbers thing.

3. Research a friends of Gunnisons group most beaches have one. If unable to find it one your own contact NAC or TNS they may have info.

4. Look into going to a landed club nearby they often have discounted rates or specials for women. They are very strict on any taking pictures it is simply not allowed and anyone harrassing a single female will get the attention of the management. Depending on the level of harrassment they may be asked to leave.

5. Learn who the regulars are and make a few friends. I know most beaches have a dedicated group of regular users who hang out together. They are usually more than happy to have company and dislike women being harrassed and scared into leaving the beach.

I know these things require action on your part and in a perfect world that wouldn't happen. I think I would prefer that though than to allow someone to take away something I love doing and get back my lifestyle.
Goodluck

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 09/05/2007 6:51:50 PM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  04:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Everything written above is true.I've been fortunate enough to spend maybe 20 days this summer on Gunnison,and I have seen each and every thing described.Anyone who says otherwise is either inexperienced,or trying to hide something.

Yes,Virginia,the clothed gawkers are usually the same pack of < 5' Hispanic losers from Central America,brandishing camera-phones.If they encamp a few feet away and stare,tell them in a stern tone to move on.Works every time,even if they speak little or no English.

To be honest here,they don't differ all that much from many of the older regulars,who pass themselves off as merely being "friendly",while they offer you a beer and make inane small-talk,all the while staring at your young girlfriend's nether regions.The older guys are just smoother,that's all.That's why they get away with it.

The beauty of Gunnison is that you can get lost there.If you don't care to socialize,you needn't do so.Just keep walking south,past the gay fellows,and find yourself a spot far from the madding crowd.I run there every day I attend the beach,and I'm quite sure that nearly a mile of real estate exists between the "Clothed Area" signs,at least after August 15th.Take the hike,and enjoy,but watch out for the bluefish!

I agree with the general tone of this thread,that overt sexual activity is a threat to the legally-nude nature of the beach.I love Gunnison,and I'd prefer to have nuns running the show there,to having it turned into a dull textile beach...

BUT,let's not kid ourselves.Seeing,and being seen,is what most of us like so much about Gunnison.And,in the net,the folks there police themselves very well.So,I don't see any real problems.Enjoy.

The season isn't over,either.Still time to get naked and swim in the sea...If you haven't tried it yet,try it now.The feeling is wonderful,and the upcoming winter is long.You owe it to yourself.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 09/10/2007 09:52:34 AM

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  06:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

The season isn't over,either.Still time to get naked and swim in the sea...If you haven't tried it yet,try it now.The feeling is wonderful,and the upcoming winter is long.You owe it to yourself.

Yep, you’re right on all accounts. The swimming is just as good as before, overt sexual activity is on the rise and the Hispanics have left for the season.

All in all, was it such a bad summer? These kids remind me of a bunch of Moslems, yeah I know stereotyping here, and however in a sexually repressed society the men folk go nutso in their heads. We can imagine that Latinos are a hot blooded bunch but that’s just an imprinted sexual image we have, and of course they have of themselves. I saw many beautiful women on the beach this season and of course the gawkers around them. I saw boys, men and even other women getting excited by these women. But do you know what the pretty people did? They ignored these idiots and finally after they stopped drooling, they went away 100% of the time. Of sure there were the men who “played” with themselves and a few women also. Naturally it would be about 95% to the 5% women who found sexual excitement in these naked women. Come to think of it I caught a few women gawkers looking me over too. At first it was unnerving, but later I ignored them too. If I was looking for a beach babe pickup I would have geared myself differently. And before you women out there jump down my throat for the umpteenth time, let me sat that I was annoyed also but just went about my business. If the women or even men wanted to look, go ahead, God or nature gave you two goods eyes to look, but don’t touch.

And no it is no different if I’m a man or not. Gawkers are annoying, but so are the tiniest gnats around. And of course the beach is an exhibitionist dream come true. You just have to work harder to get noticed with all that competition around. Face it, you could not go to the beach, stay clothed at the beach, let it all hang out and loose at the beach or don’t care who’s drooling. Like my mom said once to me, “Kid, you’ve gotta worry when the girls ain’t drooling. Then you’re probably dead.”

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  08:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am going up thursday. I havn't been there when the south end is open. The ocean should be nice.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  12:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been to Gunnison with my pregnant wife several weekends this past summer. I believe that mostly everyone there is a "gawker". I have noticed females taking pictures and one young woman with a big video camera that was wearing a sweatsuit. I saw a couple who camped out behind the concession stand... the woman was masturbating for another man who was seated 4ft. away from her. My wife had one incident where she was coming back from the bathroom and a man asked was she with anyone. She got angry because she had a big uncovered pregnant belly and the man was asking like he wanted to get with her or something. My wife's friend stopped coming because a black male regular who calls himself "Jock" asked to give her a massage. She enjoyed the massage until Jock zipped the tent up and tried to have oral sex with her. Both women wondered why so many of the other women had on bottoms or bathing suits, they considered any woman who wasn't completely nude to be a gawker. Neither my wife or her friend were concerned about anyone seeing them nude in public or taking a picture. What they did not like were men coming up to them trying to hold stupid conversations.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  8:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by palmer

I have been to Gunnison with my pregnant wife several weekends this past summer. I believe that mostly everyone there is a "gawker". I have noticed females taking pictures and one young woman with a big video camera that was wearing a sweatsuit. I saw a couple who camped out behind the concession stand... the woman was masturbating for another man who was seated 4ft. away from her. My wife had one incident where she was coming back from the bathroom and a man asked was she with anyone. She got angry because she had a big uncovered pregnant belly and the man was asking like he wanted to get with her or something. My wife's friend stopped coming because a black male regular who calls himself "Jock" asked to give her a massage. She enjoyed the massage until Jock zipped the tent up and tried to have oral sex with her. Both women wondered why so many of the other women had on bottoms or bathing suits, they considered any woman who wasn't completely nude to be a gawker. Neither my wife or her friend were concerned about anyone seeing them nude in public or taking a picture. What they did not like were men coming up to them trying to hold stupid conversations.

Yeah, that’s Gunnison for ya’

Somehow, I don’t know how, it became one big “sex party” right on the beach. There is not a safe corner any where. When I first started my voyage into the unknown that we all call the nude beach I was an innocent sun worshipper. However, in a very short time I began to hear things that made my ears perk up.
“Did I just hear that woman over there ask that man to do THAT on the beach?” I would often say to myself.
And did that man just put his hand where on that woman?

I was in for an awkward awaking. It appears that there is a sub-culture, a very strong as well as well organized sub-culture of swingers running rampant on the beach. Because of my naivety I assumed that sort of thing took place only at the south end, the gay section. But I did learn that where you are on the beach dictates how overt the sexuality will be. Start at the north end, the geriatrics’ area and the talk is somewhat tame. The further south you go, the more overt and open is the sexuality. I have witnessed the transition first hand as well have spoken to very reliable sources.

Apparently nudity and sex do go hand in hand at Gunnison. There can be no denying this fact. As for the dunes, once again they are a hot bed of sexuality during the season; I guess you can call it the mating season. There was one individual who walked the beach in his shorts and sneakers looking for young men to please him in one way or another. We call him “Coach” because if you saw him once he would remind you of a high school coach. He looks the part. Then there are the seemingly straight men who venture down the south end to look for gay men to please them. Once again, I have this from a very reliable source. No, I did not go there to see if it were true. Too many people told me of this fact and others independently.

So what we have here is sex running rampant, for now at least. Who can say what next season will bring? As far as I know no one has been arrested as of yet for lewd acts on a nude beach. I really feel for some folks out there; I would almost suggest that a Government Warning be issued to anyone venturing onto Gunnison Beach; “The Self Appointed Morality Committee of America has determined that venturing on to this beach may subject you to not only nude people but perhaps people engaging in lewd and indecent activity. Although no one here is planning to overthrow the government of the United States of America through acts of terror, murder and mayhem, we still feel that this behavior is detrimental to the Citizens of The United Stat

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  11:10:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that the official season has ended, I would like to give my views of what I saw this year. I have been going to Gunnison for about 10 years, and this may have been the oddest summer yet. I saw no less than 5 guys with erections, and openly flaunting them. One gentleman went behind the pick-up truck that brings everything out for the snack stand, and definately took care of himself, with a young lady either assisting, or watching. I noticed her prior to that walking around, looking for something. She was carrying a towel, and would sit where ever she thought she might find whatever she was looking for. Almost seemed like she was looking for a guy to take care of her. She did wind up going back to the dunes area, so not sure what the end result was.
In addition to the usual cast of gawkers, both male and female, there was the disturbing older gentlemen that pray on younger ladies. I saw this three times. One was a man that had to set up about 10 feet from a young lady near the snack stand, and very early. The beach was empty, but thats where he layed his towel down. Maybe 40 minutes later, I saw her approach the life guards and accuse him of going into her bag while she was in the water. People near them confirmed this. He wasn't removed but was told to move away. So, lucky me, he sets up about 20 feet away. Now, I see him stalk younger women, and carrying a portable cd player. Had the feeling he had a camera inside in, he even took it into the water. Guys like this should be banned before the gawkers. They can ruin a day for everyone. The other guy approaches ladies as they enter the water. He will follow them no matter where they go in the water, and try to strike up a conversation. The talk usually leans towards the fact the young ladies aren't fully nude. He tells them it's a nude beach and they aren't getting into the spirit of it. Hate to inform him, but last I checked, it's clothing optional. Worry about what you are or aren't wearing. Two girls came over to me looking for protection in some way. Not sure why They picked me, but they chose the right guy. He went away, and I told them to ignore him, and do what you feel comfortable doing. Next day, I saw him approach what may have been 3 sisters, 2 of which were under 14. They seemed to be speaking french, so not sure if he spoke to them. But, he was within 10 feet of them every time they went swimming. A few of us regulars kept an eye on him, and think he knew that and layed low for the rest of the day. But, again, a guy we need to rid ourselves of at the beach. Hope I wasn't too long winded, but this stuff angers me. I enjoy the beach, and don't want to lose my right and privledge or going there. Maybe we do need some type of security force, to keep an eye on everyone, and end all the craziness. Lets hope smarter minds prevail, and we all can go on being nude and loving it for a long time.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  12:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whenever ANYONE sees inappropriate behavior on any nudist beach, we need to speak up and stop the activity. That's one of the reasons Higbee beach was closed, also in NJ.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  7:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Whenever ANYONE sees inappropriate behavior on any nudist beach, we need to speak up and stop the activity. That's one of the reasons Higbee beach was closed, also in NJ.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Hey, good luck with that! There is so much going on in tents, out in the open, in the dunes and elsewhere that to try to get it under control, if that is what we want, would make the beach a police state.

Park Rangers don’t care, the life guards don’t care, most people don’t care.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved