Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 137 ]  [ Total: 137 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  4:16:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jordi,

I do understand the part about the gawkers and the women. However you can get that anywhere clothed or not. If your friends feel uncomfortable about being nude, then they don’t have to be. In fact no one has too! It is after all a clothing optional beach. But don’t you think it would be strange to come all that way to go to a nude beach and not have a full appreciation of it all? There are other beaches just as nice as Gunnison just south in Sandy Hook.
Or perhaps your friends want to sightsee in a bathing suit, that’s alright, however it makes for tan lines!
Myself personally, I hate tan lines. I worked my body too much to look like I’m always wearing underwear. It seems so unnatural.

Hope this helps with your friends.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  8:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jordi

Hey guys,

Speaking of that, does the beach close at some point in the fall?

I have been to Gunnison Beach in March. I was nude for a while, but put on a shirt when I got cold. Other people there were bare buns but wore something warm up above.

One problem is that the restrooms are closed before late April. Through winter, only a unisex one crapper John is open, and that can cause a line.

September on weekdays is the most ideal time at Gunnison Beach. It is then less crowded while still warm. The ocean is still warm; however beware no lifeguards. I also have been there in October.

Naturally, Catbird

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  09:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow!! I go away for a few days and you guys post a book. 71 active topics, too!
About the security idea. I understand Haulover in Florida has "Ambassadors" who deal with most of the issues you mentioned. Their uniform is only a hat and I think either a 2 way radio or cell phone. Think the greeters at Wal-mart (which ARE security, BTW). If you need backup you call for the guys with guns and badges.
Jordi- I will PM you before my next trip up. It is 400 miles round trip from here. I usually leave at 3AM to beat the week day traffic.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  7:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because I am dubious about telling my friends about my nudist activities, I came upon a situation that called for a white lie. At a gathering of my friends, they commented on my tan. Then somebody asked which beach I go to. I dare not tell them Sandy Hook, because the nude beach is well known; although Sandy Hook also has about six textiler beaches. So I told them two other NJ beaches (textiler) that I happen to have been to while clothed -- Point Pleasant and Island Beach.

They commented on my tan, but I can't tell them that I have an overall tan.

I wish I could be more open about my nudist activities. Unfortunately they are of the nudity = sex mindset.

Naturally, Catbird

DP7

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  11:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all!

Well I just came back from my first ever nude beach experience, at Gunnison beach, and I must say it was as enjoyable as most said it would be. At first it was a bit strange to see so many naked people, okay very strange, and I was worried how I would look to others, but after a while I lost all inhibitions and had a truly enjoyable time. I very much look forward to my next trip. With that said, while I didn't have much problem taking my clothes off, and most people where friendly, I am a bit shy when it comes to introducing myself to others, especially when I'm naked. And after reading some of these forums, I was a bit worried it would be taken the wrong way even if I did muster up the courage. So I was kind of hoping to meet up with some others from this forum, to see if there was a group going anytime soon that I could meet up with, I don't live to far away so can go just about any weekend. Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing from some of you...

raybones63

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  12:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. I just went to Gunnison for the first time last week and loved it. The no clothing thing was amazing. Hard to explain unless you do it! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get naked, but within a couple of minutes of seeing so many naked people it suddenly became a non issue. I was there for about 2 1/2 hours and then became concerned with the sunburn issue! Anyway, I can't wait to go back. Unfortunately, I have to go solo as my wife does not have the same schedule and interest as I do. She's totally cool with me going during the week without her and has told me she will eventually give it a try at some point. So my question is this, how do I go about making conversation with people there? I'm not looking to "hook up" or anything I just wouldn't mind having the day being a little less solitary. Being new to the situation I just want to be cool about it. I'm OK with meeting men or women. I'm hoping to get there this Tuesday the 14th and wold love to hear from any regulars who are there during weekdays. Great forum! Talk to you soon.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  07:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just say Hi. You will find some of the folks are not interested in conversation. A few speak little english. There are a couple of regulars who are deaf. Most of the single people I have found are quite easy to talk to. I can tell the regulars by how much stuff they bring and of course, their all over tan.
I am trying to come up with a simple ID for members who go to Gunnison. Any thoughts? A towel or something with "MEMBER NRO"?

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 08/13/2007 08:06:27 AM

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  12:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raybones63

Unfortunately, I have to go solo as my wife does not have the same schedule and interest as I do. She's totally cool with me going during the week without her and has told me she will eventually give it a try at some point.

Cheri's web site has some pages for reluctant wives.
- /cheri.html Cheri, recommends print the pages and then leave them in the house somewhere for your wife to discover them at the right time. That is DON'T badger your wife.

Naturally, Catbird

raybones63

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  3:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by catbird

quote:
Originally posted by raybones63

Unfortunately, I have to go solo as my wife does not have the same schedule and interest as I do. She's totally cool with me going during the week without her and has told me she will eventually give it a try at some point.

Cheri's web site has some pages for reluctant wives.
- /cheri.html Cheri, recommends print the pages and then leave them in the house somewhere for your wife to discover them at the right time. That is DON'T badger your wife.

Naturally, Catbird

Thanks for the info! I don't think I will need to do that however. It's more of a schedule thing. She works days and I have some weekdays free. We usually are very busy doing other things on the weekends and going to the beach for the day falls lower on the list of our combined priorities. She already has agreed to take a weekday off before the good weather is gone and give it a try with me. She's not against the idea; just not as excited about it as much as me. I do greatly appreciate the response and helpfullness! Thanks again.

creatively41

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  02:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to chime in and say that I visited Gunnison for the first time last week. I had been to the nude beach at Fire Island National Seashore a couple of times, but from what I had read on here, Gunnison is Mecca as far as the east coast is considered. I was suprised to see so many people on a weekday, and it was nice that there weren't so many clothed people walking around like at Fire Island.

I had a great time, the weather was wonderful and the water was great. That will not be the last time I am there, although it is not close enough to be somewhere I go regularly. I wish there was somewhere closer to me, in MD, where I could go.

On that note, I wonder how Balto Bob does it. I am near Baltimore and could not imagine making a regular trip up there. I am curious if you have a large truck/ suv with MD Agricultural plates on it, because I remember seeing one with a season pass hanging from it, and I think that must be you.

Thank you group for the good words about Gunnison without which I wouldn't have gone.

Live free and die nude!

Ben

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  1:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have made 4 trips this year. I either stay in Atlantic City when I can comp a room or try to get a nap on the beach for the return trip. 4 hours up, 6 hours on the beach and 4 hours back. I work nights so getting up at 2 AM is sleeping in. I am at Sandy Hook before 7 and try to leave by 2,the ride home has more traffic. My car dosn't have cruise so I rent one sometime, last trip I had a Civic Hybred (40 mpg). I hope to make a trip in mid September.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

creatively41

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  8:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob - is there anywhere else that you go to that is closer to home?

Ben

Sunny1
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2007 :  11:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Justbnreal

Went nude at the beach for the first time two weeks ago, and visited Gunnison last weekend. What great experiences!

I've read a lot of comments here about pervs and gawkers. Now I must admit, I did a bit of gawking myself. (It's a bit overwhelming.) But I tried to always make eye contact, and smile, and almost always received a smile back.

Like some of the other comments, I was extremely annoyed by the latino men, and sometimes women, who just hung out there, fully clothed, (pants, long sleeve shirts, and big hat) and just gawked. They didn't even seem to discriminate whether it was men or women they gawked at. I also noticed a guy with his cell phone taking a panoramic video rather blatantly.

Now I like being naked. And I like meeting people at the beach. (Yes, esp. women) Those two don't combine when there are these weirdo's and perv's walking around, though. I run a huge risk of being lumped in with them.

So, here is my suggestion. We can contract out to a private security company. Hire 2 or 3 big guys to patrol the beach all day on the weekends. They can cary pamphlets on nude-beach etiquette, and hand it out to the obvious offenders first, with a warning that they know what they're up to and they would be advised to move along. The security guards could also carry phones and everyone would receive their contact number upon arriving to the beach (maybe at the end of the wooden walkway) so we could just call them to complain. That way women wouldn't be forced to confront these guys alone, or search in vain to find a lifeguard or park police.

Now, I'm sure everyone's thinking, "Great idea, but it's a federal park, the gov't won't fund that, will they?"

Right you are, they probably won't. So we fund it privately. As everyone reaches the end of the walkway, they can be asked to voluntarily pay for the service, with a suggested donation of at least $2 per person. (They charge for lifeguards down in Sea Bright) If only half the people do donate that would be an average of $4,000 per day. (Avg attendance is between 3&5K people on the weekend) It seems that would be plenty to hire 3 GOOD security people(One to inform people at the entrance, and two to patrol the beach), and pay for printing supplies and cell phones. In fact I would be willing to bet you could find a lot of very skilled security people (millitary, law-enforcement, etc) that would be THRILLED to be paid $1,000/day to patrol a NUDE beach on their off-days!!!

What does anyone else think?

I, for one, think the idea has some merit - I've read several posts all essentially saying that this would be a waste of money - no offense, but I also noticed that they were all from the male members of this forum.

As a female, you can't imagine how threatening it is to be laying naked on a beach and have a group of clothed hispanic boys walk up and snap photos of you with their cell cameras. Just ignore them? Yeah, sure.....

And what good would it do for me to race over to a lifeguard, complain, only to find that they've disappeared. I don't want them to have photos of me. How relaxing is that kind of day?

And to Widowerman, who basically says, 'ignore them - it's their problem, not yours - they can't legally publish your photos, and so what if your boss sees them'? Apologies, but that is absolutely absurd - the internet is chock full of illegally published photos, and I think I speak for 99.995% of all the women when I say that my job/career would essentially be over if the prople who work wiht me, and FOR me, discovered nice clear nude pictures of me at the beach. That would be it - I could never recover from something like that.

Personally, I have a very 'public' posit

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2007 :  8:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh for the love of…!

OK, so the photos on the beach of nudies is a bad thing and it’s only the “guys” who say it’s ok, perhaps you’re right. However, it’s a public beach and too bad for the rest of us that we can’t enforce our own rules and the hell with everyone else.

I for one want only my rules to be enforced and the hell with everyone else.

My rules are (drum roll please!):

1) no cameras
2) no loud music that I haven’t pre-approved
3) no music from the 80’s or 90’s and absolutely no music past 1974 or earlier than 1952
4) NO DISCO!
5) no more cigarettes
6) no beer
7) no loud talk
8) no kids under the age of 35
9) no laughing
10) no insider jokes
11) no long walk to the beach! I’m too old and too crabby to get into shape now.
12) A parking lot right on the beach no further than 50 yards from the water. See above rule
13) English spoken only. This beach is in America, like the name says, The United States of America, not Latin America of the free States of France. Oh yeah, and when I say English spoken only I mean good ol’ American Mid-West home on the range English. NO ACCENTS WILL BE ALLOWED.
14) No body builders
15) No body piercing of any sort
16) No over abundant perfume or cologne
17) You must absolutely bath with soap and water BEFORE you come onto the beach
18) No flight patterns over the beach
19) No boats off shore
20) All water craft must now hug the coast of Long Island. Let the Hampton’s get the oil slicks for awhile.
21) No two different parties maybe within 10 feet of each other with blankets and umbrellas. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to reach the water though the blanket/umbrella maze.
22) ABSOLUTELY NO SEX or even talk of such matters on or near the beach
23) No happy couples
24) No children laughing, but rule No. 8 should cover that!
25) And of course, NO FUN AT ALL!

Now I think we can all live with those rules.

P.s. Before I forget, I also want to be King of the Beach. After all, it’s good to be King.

openess
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  06:33:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sunny1

I, for one, think the idea has some merit - I've read several posts all essentially saying that this would be a waste of money - no offense, but I also noticed that they were all from the male members of this forum.

As a female, you can't imagine how threatening it is to be laying naked on a beach and have a group of clothed hispanic boys walk up and snap photos of you with their cell cameras. Just ignore them? Yeah, sure.....

And what good would it do for me to race over to a lifeguard, complain, only to find that they've disappeared. I don't want them to have photos of me. How relaxing is that kind of day?

And to Widowerman, who basically says, 'ignore them - it's their problem, not yours - they can't legally publish your photos, and so what if your boss sees them'? Apologies, but that is absolutely absurd - the internet is chock full of illegally published photos, and I think I speak for 99.995% of all the women when I say that my job/career would essentially be over if the prople who work wiht me, and FOR me, discovered nice clear nude pictures of me at the beach. That would be it - I could never recover from something like that.

Personally, I have a very 'public' position in my own business, on that depends on the trust of my clients - such pictures would ruin me - my practice would essentially be worthless.

So, no, I don't just want to ignore them - what I've done instead is avoided Gunnison after some bad experiences with cell cameras earlier this season. If I sound bitter, it's because I am - I'm the one that had to give up something I enjoyed, because of the freedom these gawkers ahve to get away with htis.

I think you make an excellent point and your anger is justified. Some adult supervision is definitely needed for those who are so overtly disrespectful of other people's personal space and dignity. I'm sorry they've taken the enjoyment of what should be a wonderful experience away from you.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.41 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved