Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board


Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password


Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 83 ]  [ Total: 83 ]  [ Newest Member: logonutility ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 119

widowerman
Forum Member


Posted - 09/24/2007 :  5:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, the single guy on a nude beach syndrome.
It starts with self conscience doubt like what the hell am I doing here? To the don’t look, don’t look at the naked women and even men least someone mistaken me for a run of the mill typical perv.

Yes, I’ve been there, done that, however in reality if you behave, face the ocean, don’t leer, Gunnison Beach can be quite pleasant. Where else can you enjoy the full sun on your full body and take a dip in the ocean in the nude? No wet bathing suit, no uncomfortable dripping everywhere while you wait to dry your suit, no tan lines!

In this world you have to give a little, take a little. You give up the idea that you can blend in on a nude beach but you take with you when you leave good memories, good sunshine and often at times, good friends.



Country: | Posts: 114 Go to Top of Page

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member


Posted - 09/24/2007 :  8:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a single male that enjoys Gunnison very often, I never feel like I can be lumped in with the pervs. I do the things one normally does at any beach, read, listen to a ball game, take a swim, go hunting for shells, and the like. I look, but never stare, oggle or gawk. I am always courtious to most people, some need a lesson or two in manners. I usually sit near the snack stand, and always early. So, anyone that sets up near me, it is their choice to do so. Once in a while a conversation may start up, but we all usually just mind our own business, and do what should be done at Gunnison, get nude and enjoy. Don't let the attitude or activity of a bunch of losers let you stop doing what you normally do there. And, always stand up for your rights as a nudist, before we lose what is the best beach along the Jersey shore.


Country: USA | Posts: 134 Go to Top of Page

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  03:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Maybe it was September 11, 2001 that made more people think life was to short to chase a buck or two and now they all want to play and party.


This is what occurs to me every time I go to Sandy Hook.I look across the strait at Manhattan,then my eyes wander south towards Battery Park,and I see that void there.That's when I remember why it's so important to let go and enjoy today.

Being legally nude at any beach in America ought to be an undisputed right,if you buy the Bush administration's double-talk that the Iraq war is about personal freedom.(Of course,it's not about freedom at all;it just about the freedom to be dictating one's morals to others.)

You know what's funny?I met some middle-aged Russian people at Gunnison recently,and they were surprised that the US was so "repressive" as far as nudity goes.What perfect irony,especially from former denizens of the Evil Empire,and it's all over a few swimsuits.






Edited by - Fishman81 on 10/04/2007 04:12:00 AM

Country: | Posts: 239 Go to Top of Page

gbanude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  4:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Send gbanude an AOL message  Send gbanude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

(Anyone there for this past weekend?If so,how was the parking situation,etc?)

I'm heading out tomorrow for a couple of days.The temps are forecast to reach 87(!) on Tuesday,and I wouldn't be able to live with myself over the winter if I passed up that opportunity.One thing,though:I'm forced to fly solo for the first time in maybe 20 visits to Gunnison.

In the past,I always felt right at home in the de-facto couple's section to the north,having always been accompanied by a woman.This time,I think that I ought to steer clear of any females on the beach,single or otherwise.

Why?Because I'm the victim of my own knowledge of the place.Every single time I've been to Gunnison,lone males park themselves near me and my companion du jour,and commence to sit there and gape.I don't want to be viewed as belonging to that same ilk of crass voyeur,and possibly even being read the riot act,as I've done once or twice in the past to overly-blatant gawkers.

Suppose it serves me right.What goes around,comes around...So,look for me waaaaay down at the border of Gunnison and the Fishing Beach.I'll wave a cheery "hello" to you,and you may even see me doing so,if you use a good set of binoculars.

In summary,I'm feeling a little alienated even thinking about going there alone as a single male.Anyone else ever felt the same way?


I have not been back to Gunnison since 1998 or so. Moved away from the east and never have had an opportunity to go back.
I have kept up with board discussions about Gunnison over the years. I must admit I do not recall any lasivious conditons when I was there. Did this kind of stuff only begin to take place since then? Is there anyone out there who remembers Gunnison from the 90's?
-GBA



Country: USA | Posts: 26 Go to Top of Page

creatively41
New Member


Posted - 02/21/2008 :  01:20:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its these cold winter days when I miss Gunnison the most. I went once and was changed forever. Can't wait til June.

Ben



Country: USA | Posts: 9 Go to Top of Page

Cheri
Forum Member


Posted - 02/21/2008 :  5:03:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ben, Why wait to enjoy c/o relaxation?!! There are a couple of nonlanded clubs that have events all year long as well as PennSylvan that is open all year with an indoor pool.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-



Country: USA | Posts: 3519 Go to Top of Page

Balto Bob
$ Supporter


Posted - 03/02/2008 :  12:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Last year someone was seeking a street address for Gunnison. As GPS systems are becoming more common I thought this might be useful.
140 Ocean ave
Sea Bright, NJ 07760
This will put you right at the entrance to the park. You want lot G
Now all we need is WARMER weather.


Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!



Country: USA | Posts: 821 Go to Top of Page

melissastarr
Forum Member


Posted - 03/04/2008 :  10:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today is going to be near 70- that's warm enough for me!

Melissa

___________________________________________________________________
"Be who you are and say how you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter" -Dr. Seuss



Country: USA | Posts: 883 Go to Top of Page

catbird
Forum Member


Posted - 03/07/2008 :  8:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

Today is going to be near 70- that's warm enough for me!



I was once at Gunnison in March. During the spring months, chilly winds sometimes make the beach colder. This was a March day when inland it was about 70 degrees. Elsewhere at Sandy Hook (textile areas), people were wearing heavy jackets. I arrived at Gunnison and found some nude diehards. I stripped naked for as long as I could tolerate the cold air. Some people there wore a jacket while bare buns.

I have tried the Internet for getting the weather forecast for Atlantic Highlands. I have found that that isn't the beach forecast.

Naturally, Catbird



Country: USA | Posts: 202 Go to Top of Page

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  8:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

Today is going to be near 70- that's warm enough for me!

Melissa


By this time of year I'm really starting to think of sand and sun again.... aren't we all? But I live so far from Gunnison that I save the mileage for the better weather months. Sure wish I could go on that first nice Spring day! Melissa, did you get to Gunnison in Early March, and how was your day there?




Country: | Posts: 51 Go to Top of Page

bofsb
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  12:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am a totally newbie at this. Please forgive any repeat questions and advice seeking. I am early twenties male wanting to go to the beach to try it out with my girlfriend this summer. I am afraid of one major thing that i have read on the forums, is that i "may" get hard on the beach. Not intentionally but it could happen. Also what advice do you give to newbie/beginners? How much does it cost? I know there is a $10 parking fee, but is there a beach access fee? What should we bring...etc... Thanks in advance for your help.



Country: USA | Posts: 13 Go to Top of Page

widowerman
Forum Member


Posted - 05/21/2008 :  05:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bofsb

Hello,

I am a totally newbie at this. Please forgive any repeat questions and advice seeking. I am early twenties male wanting to go to the beach to try it out with my girlfriend this summer. I am afraid of one major thing that i have read on the forums, is that i "may" get hard on the beach. Not intentionally but it could happen. Also what advice do you give to newbie/beginners? How much does it cost? I know there is a $10 parking fee, but is there a beach access fee? What should we bring...etc... Thanks in advance for your help.


A quick few words of caution, and it ain’t about getting “hard”.
First off if you plan to Gunnison during the weekend, get to the parking lot well before 7:30 am, the main parking lot fills up FAST! This is not because the parking lot is substandard or small, it’s because about a few million people like you can’t resist the openness of a nude beach. Which is perfectly natural.

As for how much it costs to get “hard”, hey that’s between you and your imagination. Alright, we got the bad pun out of the way, so let us move one. Yes there is that $10 park fee and no there are no other fees to get on the beach. There is a snack stand which is somewhat reasonable. My lady friend tells me that it is good etiquette to clothe yourself when approaching the snack stand, the workers don’t volunteer to be there. But that’s up to you.

Bring water, snacks but be ready to hike what looks like a ¼ to ½ mile from the parking lot to the water across a blazing hot sandy beach. If you bring a lot of things, think about wheels that are made to cross the sand. You can find some places on online that sell a thing called Rolleze, or something like that. Actually there is a place, which with a remarkable coincidence is right along the way to Gunnison if you get off the Garden State Parkway at exit 117 that sells things just for Gunnison. I forgot which road it is, even though I’ve been up and down it about a million times. It may just be Rt. 36

Those silly little “wheel” coolers are useless on the sand, forget them. Bring water, a shade of some sort and MOST IMPORTANTLY – SUN BLOCK!! Or do what I do, get a fake bake tan (Ok, it’s a real tan) at a tanning salon for those hard to reach places the sun doesn’t normally shine on. This normally takes about 2 to 3 weeks and depends on the individual. However, USE SUN BLOCK at the beach at all times! You’re young, keep your skin and ‘tude young at all times.

And since this seems to be your first time, I would suggest you stay near the “family” section of the nude beach. When I say family, I mean the more tamer spots at the north end by the first lifeguard tower but not to much further south of the second lifeguard tower.

I know what you’re thinking, “will my girlfriend/wife/mistress think I’m perverted because I want to go to a nude beach?” “what if I see someone I know at the nude beach, what will they think?”
First answer, no you are not strange or perverted. That comes later – JUST KIDDING!
And if you do see someone you know, yeah it can be awkward. Just as awkward as seeing someone you know at the mall or grocery shopping. Only in this case they are as just as nude as you are. And unless you are some sort a species not of this world, your parts, your girlfriends parts are the same for all humans. Within 15 minutes or less, you’ll be like a seasoned veteran. But by all means, do not force or push your girlfriend into this. Let her discover it on her own, just like my late wife did a few summers ago.
Gunnison is unique, let’s promote a casual attitude towards nudity. It’s better than a casual attitude towards war and pestilence.

Hope this helps - and by all means, enjoy yourselves now. You will only be 25 once<



Country: | Posts: 114 Go to Top of Page

bofsb
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  10:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice. She is outgoing and been to a nude beach before. I asked her the other day if she wanted to go to the beach, she said yea. I ask her about this one jokingly. She said yes she would. I would like to try it out. You mentioned the family area vs the another area. Can you explain what you meant by that?

Thanks.

Looking forward to this new adventure.


quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

quote:
Originally posted by bofsb

Hello,

I am a totally newbie at this. Please forgive any repeat questions and advice seeking. I am early twenties male wanting to go to the beach to try it out with my girlfriend this summer. I am afraid of one major thing that i have read on the forums, is that i "may" get hard on the beach. Not intentionally but it could happen. Also what advice do you give to newbie/beginners? How much does it cost? I know there is a $10 parking fee, but is there a beach access fee? What should we bring...etc... Thanks in advance for your help.


A quick few words of caution, and it ain’t about getting “hard”.
First off if you plan to Gunnison during the weekend, get to the parking lot well before 7:30 am, the main parking lot fills up FAST! This is not because the parking lot is substandard or small, it’s because about a few million people like you can’t resist the openness of a nude beach. Which is perfectly natural.

As for how much it costs to get “hard”, hey that’s between you and your imagination. Alright, we got the bad pun out of the way, so let us move one. Yes there is that $10 park fee and no there are no other fees to get on the beach. There is a snack stand which is somewhat reasonable. My lady friend tells me that it is good etiquette to clothe yourself when approaching the snack stand, the workers don’t volunteer to be there. But that’s up to you.

Bring water, snacks but be ready to hike what looks like a ¼ to ½ mile from the parking lot to the water across a blazing hot sandy beach. If you bring a lot of things, think about wheels that are made to cross the sand. You can find some places on online that sell a thing called Rolleze, or something like that. Actually there is a place, which with a remarkable coincidence is right along the way to Gunnison if you get off the Garden State Parkway at exit 117 that sells things just for Gunnison. I forgot which road it is, even though I’ve been up and down it about a million times. It may just be Rt. 36

Those silly little “wheel” coolers are useless on the sand, forget them. Bring water, a shade of some sort and MOST IMPORTANTLY – SUN BLOCK!! Or do what I do, get a fake bake tan (Ok, it’s a real tan) at a tanning salon for those hard to reach places the sun doesn’t normally shine on. This normally takes about 2 to 3 weeks and depends on the individual. However, USE SUN BLOCK at the beach at all times! You’re young, keep your skin and ‘tude young at all times.

And since this seems to be your first time, I would suggest you stay near the “family” section of the nude beach. When I say family, I mean the more tamer spots at the north end by the first lifeguard tower but not to much further south of the second lifeguard tower.

I know what you’re thinking, “will my girlfriend/wife/mistress think I’m perverted because I want to go to a nude beach?” “what if I see someone I know at the nude beach, what will they think?”
First answer, no you are not strange or perverted. That comes later – JUST KIDDING!
And if you do see someone you know, yeah it can be awkward. Just as awkward as seeing someone you know at the mall or grocery shopping. Only in this case they are as just as nude as you a



Country: USA | Posts: 13 Go to Top of Page

Balto Bob
$ Supporter


Posted - 05/21/2008 :  11:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gunnison is a large area. While there are no official boundries most folks would agree on this. As you walk toward the ocean you are facing east. At the end of the boardwalk you should see the signs marking the clothing optoinal boundry. They mark a line going to the ocean. The older folks stay closest to the signs as this is the shortest walk. Generally the families are next, mostly because the lifeguards are there. There is a brown shed, this is the snackbar, I normally am there with many other 50ish single guys. As you get further south you will find mostly gay men. Some people bring tents, they tend to be farther from the ocean. Weekdays are less crowded. I hope this helps.


Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

(bofsb-I sent you a PM this morning)



Edited by - Balto Bob on 05/21/2008 11:15:49 AM

Country: USA | Posts: 821 Go to Top of Page

widowerman
Forum Member


Posted - 05/21/2008 :  7:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, the tents! Yeah, steer clear of them - especially up by the dunes! The park rangers patrol particularly up there. It has been a bit of an embarrassment to the nudies.
THERE IS A NO LEWD BEHAVIOR ALLOWED ON PUBLIC LAND!

If you do a little research you will find, more than ever on this thread of the wonton sexual encounters just south of the second lifeguard tower. If you can think of it, you may just trip over your own imagination on the beach. It can get wild at times. These people are a different breed and sort of belong to a “special club”. If you can compare motorcycle clubs as 99% of them being just weekend riders then these will be the equivalent of the normal nude sunbathers. As for the 1% who are, well the 1%’ers than this minority are the “outlaw” nude sun worshippers. They operate outside the law because they can and want to. It’s a game of sorts. But if you are caught in a lewd act you could be fined, possible jail time, or just thrown off the beach.

Call us old prudes, but 99% of us want to keep Gunnison Clothing Optional and it won’t stay Clothing Optional for long if you trip over people doing things that you can see on the internet for free, ‘nuff said about this predicament.

Enjoy your time at the beach. It’s suppose to be a great weekend.



Country: | Posts: 114 Go to Top of Page
Page: of 119 Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2017 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

 

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved

Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000