Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 424 ]  [ Total: 424 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  8:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your mis-fortunes at Gunnison, love the sun. Something like that can make a very pleasant day miserable. My advice would be to report the offenders to a life guard or ranger. You are well within your rights to NOT HAVE your pics taken, especially by some creeps using camera phones. That is not only a breach of nude beach etiquette, it may be illegal. If all the offenders see one get in trouble, they may think twice about doing it themselves. I believe all cell phones should be banned, I certainly do not want to hear phone conversations while I am relaxing at Gunnison. Hope it all works out for you.
BareNJ

love the sun

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  8:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice, and I certainly have tried to catch and correct every offender, but after the first 5 or so, it gets old - real old. And most aren't anywhere near the lifeguards or rangers. And I think the liklihood of someone with a camera phone walking with me to a lifeguard, or waiting while I get one is about zero.

I don't know how you can ban cell phones - but maybe if the beach had a separate "couples only" area, no single guys allowed, maybe they would get the message. Rarely (but still sometimes) do I see the male half of a couple try to photograph us (the trip last week was an exception). These guys don't realize that they're ruining a good thing for themselves - my girlfriend would be perfectly happy to lay nude, walk around nude, swim nude, and let anyone put their towel down near us and watch all they want, but no cameras.

At least that was how she felt before she said our last trip was our "last" trip.

bobs4ann
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  08:13:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gang from South Jersey
I know exactly how you feel concerning the camera thing...It took nearly two years to convince my wife to try Gunnison.. She has been topless in Caribbean but drew the line when it came to total nudity (modesty issues).
Anyhow towards the end of the season last year she finally agreed ( a huge step) to go mainly because she knew it meant alot to me.
I had been reading this forum for a couple years so I thought I knew what to expect as far as what lot to park in, where to sit and feel comfortable...Boy was I wrong...
No sooner did we get out of the car then three more car doors opened with single guy getting out...As soon as we got to the parking lot I notice these guys and had a bad feeling..
Anyhow we started to make our way to the beach area passing by the rest rooms where we picked up a couple more perv's for a lack of a better term feeling like the pie piper...
Since my wife was on edge already, I knew things were probably going to get worse...
We actually made it all the way to near the waters edge by the flag where there were a few other couples sunning and noticed that there were single males there for the express reason of taking snap shots with there cell phone cameras. I guess they really think people are stupid as they try to conceal the fact that this was there intent by making conversation on the phone but it was pretty obvious...I should have said something to my wife right then but pretended that it was not happening hoping they would just go away...
Anyway, no sooner did my wife take her top off, a couple of guys walked by and started to take some shots with there phones...The other couples did not seem to care but my wife sure did...I could tell how stressed she was over the incident as she looked at me nearly in tears...I told her it was time to go before I got into a fight with someone...I have a very short fuse and it was all I could do to not get into the face of these guys and shove there phones up there ass.

Case closed, I don't think we will ever be able to return after the experience and I don't blame my wife one bit...

What I thought would be a beautiful, layed back experience really turned into a nightmare...

There is no doubt in my mine that Gunnison will take the same route as Higbee down hear in South Jersey. Sooner or later this type of behavior will cause confrontation and fights prompting officials to ban nudity once and for all on public beaches...

Never fails that a few will ruin it for many..

Bob & Ann

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  10:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder what all these "guys" will do once every decent nudist has decided they have had enough, and the beach is nothing but desperate fat old men with cameras in hand waiting for that female to show up and take it all off. Might be the best thing to happen. It will keep them away, at least for a bit, and the rest of us can go back to enjoying the beach for what it is meant for, nude recreation. As a single male, it really bothers me. I could easily get lumped into that category and be pinned as a perv. I am there for the experience, not for a peep show. If I want that, there are plenty of places, right on route 36 also, that provide it. Guess these "guys" won't go there because it costs them money. Plus, no pics are even closely allowed there, and they can get tossed for taking them. Maybe we should get some bouncers for the beach. Soon as the camera, in any device is taken out, give them the big kick off and back to the mainland. Might have to be the next step, if enough of us make some noise. Otherwise, what you said is true, the beach will be nothing but a memory.

love the sun

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  10:32:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob & Ann - we also had the parking lot thing happen to us last year - we got there late in the day (~3PM), and suddenly a bunch of single guys emerge from their cars all at once, as we got out. Followed us to the changing rooms, and then down to the beach, all of them fully clothed - it would almost have been funny if it wasn't such a negative experience for us. And yes, they had cell cameras as well.

My girlfriend kept her bikini on that day - we walked the beach for a while, then left after half an hour - she wasn't up for leading a parade.

Do any of the more experienced Gunnison folks have any ideas? Part of me hopes that they end up with what they deserve - sitting around on the beach watching each other, with no one to gawk....

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have 2 ideas. First contact the folks at the park www.nps.gov/gate asking them what rules, laws might apply. With luck we could get a sign reguarding this. Second bring your own camera. This way you will have their picture should it be needed later. I now understand why so many of the folks put up those screens.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 07/03/2007 12:35:23 PM

loriandjohn

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  6:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I went to Gunnison for the first time yesterday (Monday, 7/2). We had a GREAT time.

We couldn't believe how beautiful the beach was...nothing like the typical "Jersey Shore" I remember from when I was a kid (Seaside Heights, Wildwood, etc.)

There were a few typical gawkers patrolling the beach back and forth and back and forth, but only slightly worse that what you see on a "regular" beach.

As mentioned in a previous post, there were a few fully clothed (including long pants and sneakers) Hispanic men sitting ocean-side just soaking up the view with no shame what-so-ever.

What I didn't see was a plague of cell-phone cameras also mentioned in previous posts. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but I didn't see it.

To the south there was the mostly gay male section just as advertised. No problems there.

We arrived around 10:15am to an almost empty parking lot. We set up on the beach right between the lifeguard chair and the "gay section" and had no problems at all with anyone. It seemed to get a little more crowded between the chairs as the day moved on, and we were happy to be enough out of the way to not feel claustrophobic but still close enough to feel like we weren't isolated.

When we left around 3:00, the lot was about 90% capacity. Even so, the beach did not seem crowded at all. We were wondering just how crowded it could get on the weekend considering the limiting factor of available parking spaces and the huge expanse of beach.

The one complaint we had was that there wasn't much beach to walk...maybe 1/4 mile between the lifeguard chairs and a little bit beyond to the south? We both really love long walks along the water-line, but that just isn't possible here. Of course, we had the long trek across the sand to get to the water, but that isn't really the same, is it?

All in all, we had a long deserved relaxing day without the kids and enjoyed every minute of it. We plan on going back again soon.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  09:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been there twice and didn't notice the cameras either. Not that anyone would want my photo. I work security for a living so even off duty anything out of place catches my eye (fully clothed guys on a nude beach for example). I also go in the morning. The beach goes for miles but, the nude section isn't huge. I noticed the Ranger parked at the south Clothing Reqired sign last trip. Quite a few folks (usually men but, most of US are nude) walk the beach from sign to sign. I don't if they move the signs on the weekend. I also don't miss the all the trappings of a beach resort. I NEVER go to the beach at Atlantic City. The boardwalk is bad enough.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

loriandjohn

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  10:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I went to Gunnison for the first time yesterday (Monday, 7/2). We had a GREAT time.

We couldn't believe how beautiful the beach was...nothing like the typical "Jersey Shore" I remember from when I was a kid (Seaside Heights, Wildwood, etc.)

There were a few typical gawkers patrolling the beach back and forth and back and forth, but only slightly worse that what you see on a "regular" beach.

As mentioned in a previous post, there were a few fully clothed (including long pants and sneakers) Hispanic men sitting ocean-side just soaking up the view with no shame what-so-ever.

What I didn't see was a plague of cell-phone cameras also mentioned in previous posts. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but I didn't see it.

To the south there was the mostly gay male section just as advertised. No problems there.

We arrived around 10:15am to an almost empty parking lot. We set up on the beach right between the lifeguard chair and the "gay section" and had no problems at all with anyone. It seemed to get a little more crowded between the chairs as the day moved on, and we were happy to be enough out of the way to not feel claustrophobic but still close enough to feel like we weren't isolated.

When we left around 3:00, the lot was about 90% capacity. Even so, the beach did not seem crowded at all. We were wondering just how crowded it could get on the weekend considering the limiting factor of available parking spaces and the huge expanse of beach.

The one complaint we had was that there wasn't much beach to walk...maybe 1/4 mile between the lifeguard chairs and a little bit beyond to the south? We both really love long walks along the water-line, but that just isn't possible here. Of course, we had the long trek across the sand to get to the water, but that isn't really the same, is it?

All in all, we had a long deserved relaxing day without the kids and enjoyed every minute of it. We plan on going back again soon.

slick214
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  11:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I just returned yesterday from our second trip to Gunnison from the midwest.(13 hour drive). It is nice to see so many posts to this topic since we left. Here are my/our 2 cents on our experience.
Generally speaking we had a great time and will probably head back next year. We were at the beach Sat (6/30) Sunday and Monday. Arrived around 9:30 so parking was not a problem.
Negatives: The perv population was up slightly but similar to last year. There were also single men very much minding there own business which is great to see but a small percentage unfortunatly. Sunday we sat close to the locals area and were suprised at how loud a few of them were and the sexual joking (want some cream in that drink, can I stir that drink for you) that loudly went on. Swingers near us talking about the boob job his wife had (not impressing) and he even yelled out to a young female life guard "How do you like being a lifeguard at a nude beach and not being naked" (not impressed again) The phone camera talk in ealier posts are distubing since I don't own one and was not paying attention looking for them. Finally the shields put up for wind or privacy blocked our view of the ocean and the breeze we would of loved to have.
Gunnison is such a gold mine for those of us who like to sun bathe and swim nude I just hope it will be around for years to come. It is a privilege to have it not a right. I hope the regulars will do all they can to keep it open so we all can look forward to coming back.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  12:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to see that a few people are having something of a positive experience at Gunnison. Hope you do come back, slick214. As far as the regulars that are the loud, obnoxious types, I have seen them for years there and have learned to tune them out. A few seem to think the beach is there for them to have thier parties, set up a small tented village, and be as loud as they can be. This type of behavior would not be tolerated on a clothed beach, but they seem to get away with it at Gunnison. I have still yet to figure out what those screens are for. If you want privacy, sit in the back. The beach is for public use, which means we all should be able to enjoy the view of the ocean. Even worse than the screens are the tents people set up. Umbrellas are one thing, tents are something completely different. They are bigger, take up more space, block everything, and, if windy, are very dangerous. I will never deny anyone the right to go nude and enjoy the beach, but we all must learn how to share it, and keep those that mis-use it away. I think one thing that might help is banning alcohol from the beach. I have seen plenty of people have a few too many, and lose control. As far as the loud crew, not much we can do there. You get a**holes in every walk of life, even nudists. Just tune them out, and let them be seen for what they are.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  1:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid it's a east coast thing. I run into them in Atlantic City a lot. I much prefer Las Vegas. I have to find the nude section of Lake Mead next trip. Hope to get to Gunnison tomorrow.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  11:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by love the sun

Bob & Ann - we also had the parking lot thing happen to us last year - we got there late in the day (~3PM), and suddenly a bunch of single guys emerge from their cars all at once, as we got out. Followed us to the changing rooms, and then down to the beach, all of them fully clothed - it would almost have been funny if it wasn't such a negative experience for us. And yes, they had cell cameras as well.

My girlfriend kept her bikini on that day - we walked the beach for a while, then left after half an hour - she wasn't up for leading a parade.

Do any of the more experienced Gunnison folks have any ideas? Part of me hopes that they end up with what they deserve - sitting around on the beach watching each other, with no one to gawk....

Based on 3 visits, including yesterday, I would recommend going in the morning. I would also strongly recommend Fireprof's posts under "Convincing my wife" to anyone dealing with that. Please, remember Gunnison is clothing optional! She can wear as much or as little as she wants. You might consider buying her a Gunnison suit. Something she wouldn't or couldn't wear on most textile beaches. Try www.Sunup/Sundown or www.Skinz.com. Both sell VERY tiny thongs. Some are ajustable,too. If you go early and the pervs show up later, agree that she can always cover up with a shirt etc. With the couples usually the men are nude the women maybe 1/3 nude and 1/3 topless and 1/3 stay behind the wind screens.

Yesterday I got to Sandy Hook about 6:15 am. When I stopped at the Ranger Station a stick with my parking pass came out of the window. Lot G was EMPTY!! I stayed in the car a while waiting for it to warm up a little. About 7 another person came so I grabed my stuff. By 8 we had a few more. The surf was rather rough and the FLIES were quite bad. I hoped to get a nap on the beach. I may look into a screened tent of some kind. Never saw more the 20 people total. There were at least 4 couples and 3 of the women were nude .It started to rain about 11 and I gave up. Worth the 4 hour drive to spend a few hours nude. Hope to go back in 2 weeks

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

bb80577

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  9:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to try nudism for a while now. I have been reading this forum on occasion about Gunnison since it is relatively close to where I live. I gathered up my courage and went there for the first time today. I am officially addicted! I didn't have anyone to go with me so I went solo. I was kind of nervous because apparently the pervs are Hispanic looking single males with baseball caps and sunglasses. I can't help if that's what I look like ha! I was wondering if people were thinking I was one of the ooglers. I sat there for a while trying to build up courage to strip and when I did it felt great. I'm a pretty shy person but I was walking the beach in my birthday suit in no time. Some observations:

-Mostly everyone from what I saw was nude
-Male majority
-The flies were tortourous. To the point where I was starting to get irritated and almost left
-There isn't much beach to walk

I will definitely be going back to Gunnison. It is worth it going by yourself, but probably more fun with people. I was texting people trying to convince them to come with me while I was there. the only reason why I left today was because my ass was charred! I should have expected that since it's never seen sunlight like that before. Hopefully I'll be back this weekend!

RorMetz

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  9:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Send RorMetz a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, new to this group. My wife and I have been going to Gunnison for 3 years now and enjoy every trip. It is a 3 hour drive for us so we usually stay at the Fairbanks Resort, which is just outside the park. I joined this group in hopes of striking some friendships to meet on the beach.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.69 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved