Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 212 ]  [ Total: 212 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  01:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it me, or did the ocean front beach get smaller and the walk to the water get longer? Or is it my old age?

Any way it’s been 4 years since the last time I was at Gunnison or any other beach and all I can recall was that the walk was long then, but not as long as it was just yesterday. The last time I was there Labor Day weekend 2003 I was with my wife. She was a tad bit hesitant to bare any at all, but she went topless at least, she did attract some attention by the you know who’s. She was a regular sport about it all and planned to make the trip in the up coming years, however and unfortunately she became very ill in the following months. She died this past December 2006. What a bummer, but she did suffer with cancer for almost 4 years. And now she suffers no more.

Enough about the downer, as I said, I was at the beach just yesterday July 12, first time in 4 years by myself and I couldn’t have pick a better day! Maybe there is some sort of after-life and Jenny was smiling on me that day. Beautiful weather, fantastic water, except for those jelly fish things, the real 101.1 FM is back with a vengeance and the nicest people anyone could ever meet down at the shore. Except for the very few gawkers. Note to dudes; they’re naked don’t mean they’re easy! Yikes, get a life!

However, that was just one negative. The beach sure was crowded though, but that was a positive. It helps keep the peeps in check. I plan to make the 98 mile one way excursion every chance I get so I hope to see you there! Hopefully on Friday.

P.s. I’m one of those guys who’s down at the beach by myself but I know a tad bit about the etiquette of being a single male but with a no line tan! Single, not of my choice but still loving every minute of it.

Sunny1
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  9:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our experience this year would be consistent with some of the more recent posts - we were there last Friday, had several lurkers follow us (m/f couple) from the parking lot all the way to the water, with several trying to take cell phone pics once I was nude. The one guy was in long pants and a dress shirt, carrying nothing but a cell phone - he walked back and forth in front of us several times, pretending to talk, and stopping right in front of us, clearly trying to takes pictures.

Another guy in shorts dress shirt seated himself 10 yards in front of us, facing my feet, and actually got out binoculars to stare at me - it was ridiculous.

While I know it isn't possible, I would like to suggest an alternative to the staus quo - that the beach be segregated into two sections - one area for couples, families, single females (or multiple females) ONLY, and a second area for single males (or multiple males).

In all of our trips to Gunnison, we've only ever had problems with guys that were there alone, or there with other guys - the guys that are part of a m/f couple have always been considerate. Maybe once these gawkers only have each other to look at, they'll go back under whatever rock they came from.

And before all you single guys who are there and behaving complain, you're there to enjoy the beach and freedom of being nude, right? You're not there to gawk, so it shouldn't matter whether or not you're with females or couples. Correct?

Just a thought......what's the down side?

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  12:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like to know what time you were there. I never see these creeps in the morning. I will be there in the morning but, with the forecast I may have the beach to myself. July 5 was empty too.

FYI- we get are own gawkers from the LARGE gay population at Gunnison. I guess you would need three sections.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  05:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don’t believe in segregation in any form.
Aside from that, not all single white man are “pervs” you know. Some of us are single through choice or circumstances beyond our control. Sorry about your bad experience Sunny1, however, you’d have to admit that you, me, or anyone can attract unwanted attention under almost any circumstances. From a mall to a house of worship and anywhere people congregate.

I’ve learned a long time ago to expect the unexpected at all times and just ignore people I do not want to associate with. They have some sort of problem, not you, not me. Besides you couldn’t be in a safer place than at Gunnison. Everyone looks out for the other guy. It’s like taking a page from the Bible, we are our brother’s keeper.

As for the dude with the pretend cell phone call, best way to handle him is to ignore him. He’s a little 7th grader trapped in a man’s body. His brain has not caught up with his emotions and most likely never will. Another suggestion to ease the transition of strictly mind of matter is to use one of those cheap windscreens. At least that way whoever wants to peek must do so directly in front of you. Then you have a choice; say something to make him go away, but that will tell him that you are annoyed and he actually may want that, or ignore him by staring briefly back. After a little while, they all go away. As for that sunscreen, I used one on 2 occasions while I was at Gunnison for the wind and privacy. Sure enough, I had a few “strange” pale skin guys looking me over, AND I’M A STRAIGHT SINGLE WHITE GUY! So it was a little unnerving to me also. I did not speak a word to these “gentleman?” so they went away; I just half heartedly acknowledge them. It’s the rule of the jungle; if you make eye contact then the hunter becomes the hunted. No hunter likes to be watched, it becomes unsettling to them that their prey is looking back, thinking. I’m sure there are other’s on this forum that have other ideas.

As for my wind-privacy screen, after being on the beach last Friday I vowed to myself not to use it anymore. It takes up too much real estate and interferes with others nearby. I’m one of those single white guys who are at the beach for the sun, surf, and even people at times. So please Sunny1, don’t segregate us. Don’t punish me because of a minor few ill mannered dumb asses.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  12:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny1, sorry to hear about your negative experience at Gunnison, but segregating the beach is no answer to this problem. Neither is ignoring these losers. You need to take action, and stand up for your rights. I have seen plenty of women confront these guys and tell them that enough is enough. And, they are usually backed up by any male close by, that is a regular beach goer. I have done it myself in years past. If they are doing this so close to the water, inform a life guard. They are right there, and can easily call for a ranger to take these people off the beach. The beach is supposed to be a social setting, not a fenced off area for people according to who they are with, or what they are. I'm not surprised at the number of guys doing this, modern technology makes it easier for them to act more stupid. I am speaking as a straight single male, and a fully active nudist. Lets get rid of these things, ( I'd rather deal with the green flies), and make the beach what it is, safe and relaxing.

Edited by - BARENJGUY33 on 07/18/2007 1:15:20 PM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  8:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had the beach to myself again this morning from 6:30 to about 8. Well, the guy on the tractor was there working. We did have about 3 good hours between the rain storms. My stuff was ALMOST dry from the morning when the sky opened up again. At least no flies this trip.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

nudepadude

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  9:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I was at Gunnison this past weekend, July 13-15. It was my first trip in 5 years since getting re-married. My wife loves the beach, but would never visit in a million years(sigh) Believe me, I've tried.

Anyway, since she as out of the country for a few weeks, figured I may never get a chance to go again. I had been going several times a year for over 10 years, I still remember before they built the new bathroom area and paved the lot, and when it cost only $4 to get in the park. Also remember when they had the brown bags at the beach entrance to put your trash in. I also remember before they built the wooden walkway going down to the beach. I wish they would extend it a bit further.

Friday, I got there around 2pm, I had a 6 hour drive. Lots of people, though plenty of parking.
I liked the new bike trail they built through the park. I wish I had known, I would have brought my bike, it looked very nice. If you like to ride, bring your bike!

Made the long trek to the water, when I first saw the beach I was so excited, it was like I was just there last year, everything was as I remembered it.
I set up my chair down by the water along with my little cooler. Being a male by myself, tried not to look like a perv so got nekkid quickly and thought to myself, this is great! Sun, sand, water, and I'm naked right in the middle of all of it! I was in all my glory basking in the sun. I wanted to sing!
I then thought Hey no flies! Wrong! About 2 seconds later my legs were swarming with flies biting the crap out of me. I think it was my sunscreen, I could only find baby sunblock we use on my grand daughter. Other people didn't seem to be getting bit as bad as me though I did see people swating at them. I finally covered my legs with my towel and they were STILL finding a way to get under. After 2 hours of that I gave up and left. I did have some Skinsations stuff and the flies seems to stay away until it dried and were back. I think it was old also.

Saturday, got there around 9:20 (with different sunscreen) thinking I was going to be in the overflow lot, nope still about 100 spaces left, though when I left noticed buses running taking people to the overflow lots.
Much better day, no flies hoorah! Lots of people with loose, flabby mucles like me! I again sat down by the water enjoyed the sun and the water. Saw a few families with kids running around, lots of couples. Women were mostly topless, I'd say 70 percent topless the rest nude or with suits on. I noticed the single guys seemed to come later in the day, the hispanic guys only came after 4pm that I saw, I think because you get in free. Not only are they pervs, they are cheap pervs!
I honestly saw nobody with cell phones taking any pictures and there were a few fairly attractive women near me (with men) Maybe with that big of a crowd it's less a probem? I saw a few guys on cell phones but they were nude and not near any women.
Got mildly burnt in a few places I missed with the sunblock but not too bad. I remembered the parts of my body that hadn't seen sun in 5 years! Water was a brisk but refreshing 61 degrees. I left that day a happy camper, but sad that my wife wasn't with me, I so miss her.

Sunday, arrived about 9:15 still lots of parking, beach was crowded by noon though. Went for walk, was dissapointed they closed south end of the beach, you used to be able to walk pretty far. Saw a few familys with kids again down by the water, same ones from yesterda. Mostly couples and a few men alone like myself.
A few guys were playing horeshoes down by the water with plastic or rubber horeshoes.
I got hungry around 2pm, line was pretty long to get a hot dog but went fast, about 7-8 min. A little pricey at $4.50 but the dog was bigger than the bun and pretty tasty.

I would say most people were in their 40's and 50's and up. Very few younger people. It's not like the movies were everyone is a college kid, this is reality. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sunny1
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  10:53:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Balto - we were there a little after 9AM, and had most of our problems before noon.

Widowerman - look, first of all, I don't believe in segregation either, in the real sense of the word - I was just venting my frustration. Knowing full well that it will never come to be, what is wrong with placing the couples off by themselves on the beach to free the women from the worry of the perverts so that they can relax too? A women being pursued by a single male is very different - and much more common - than a single white male being observed by a gay male - the threat to a woman's well being is far greater. And if you are indeed NOT a perv, then you aren't at the beach to gawk at the women there anymore than you are there to see all the clothed beach-goers on the adjacent beach, so having them separated from you shouldn't be an issue at all, true? You're there to enjoy the beach, nude, and relax so it shouldn't matter who you're with.

And I also disagree with you that we should just ignore these pervs - I have a VERY, VERY public position, and just one photo appearing in the wrong place at the wrong time would definitely ruin things for me. In a big way. So we'll likely have to give up our freedom and put our suits back on until something changes at Gunnison, unfortunately.

HJ47
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  04:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Send HJ47 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I plan to go to Gunnison solo this Friday for the first time. Probably the only thing holding me back is getting up early enough for the 2 hour drive.

It may be a bit too soon for my questions to be answered, but I'll pitch them anyway.

As a male young adult, I want to know what should I really expect once I get there, especially from the usual male young adult point of view? I know there is a great difference between nudity and sexuality, and by going to Gunnison I want to distinguish that myself, but at the same time I still want to socialize and converse with people (both male and female), etc., without coming off as a perv or some punk kid.

Going to a nude beach by yourself I can bet is relaxing, and I will of course mind my own business for most of the time, but since I'm going solo I still would like to converse with people, and somehow avoid the elephant in the room when talking to them.

I primarily want to do this as a self confidence exercise. My generation is a highly self conscious one, and I feel to break free of my insecurities, there's no better way than to walk around nude in public. It builds confidence, and it builds character.

My intentions are nothing but good, but I feel because of my age, gender, and inexperience with public nudity, I will face some difficulties talking to people, such as extended glances at times. Is there anyway to combat this?

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  05:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HJ47

Hello everyone,

I plan to go to Gunnison solo this Friday for the first time. Probably the only thing holding me back is getting up early enough for the 2 hour drive.

It may be a bit too soon for my questions to be answered, but I'll pitch them anyway.

As a male young adult, I want to know what should I really expect once I get there, especially from the usual male young adult point of view? I know there is a great difference between nudity and sexuality, and by going to Gunnison I want to distinguish that myself, but at the same time I still want to socialize and converse with people (both male and female), etc., without coming off as a perv or some punk kid.

Going to a nude beach by yourself I can bet is relaxing, and I will of course mind my own business for most of the time, but since I'm going solo I still would like to converse with people, and somehow avoid the elephant in the room when talking to them.

I primarily want to do this as a self confidence exercise. My generation is a highly self conscious one, and I feel to break free of my insecurities, there's no better way than to walk around nude in public. It builds confidence, and it builds character.

My intentions are nothing but good, but I feel because of my age, gender, and inexperience with public nudity, I will face some difficulties talking to people, such as extended glances at times. Is there anyway to combat this?

Hey kid, let me know how you make out with that socializing thang.
I’m 51 years old and still a shy guy. But I was married for 26 years, so I couldn’t be that shy.

As for the two hour drive, piece of cake! That’s why we pay taxes, to have our roads paved.

Friday’s are a good day to get there, and if the weather is good the beach can get crowded in a hurry. I understand from the weather people that Saturday should have “abundant sunshine” (quoted Mr. G’s weather – WCBS 101.1 FM) When you hear three words, sunshine, Saturday and Gunnison Beach all in the same sentence you’ll want to be at the beach before 7:00 am for waterfront property, by 8:00 am to find a decent parking spot, 9:00 just to get on the beach which by the way seems to have shrunk, kind of like my shorts.

Nude by yourself, heh? On a nude beach where 99% of the beach goers are nude? Oh it can be relaxing alright, if you did it at least once before in front of mixed company. As always, the rules of a nude beach are no different than any other beach, except for this gawking thing, don’t do it, don’t think of doing it. However if you must look, look at the ladies eyes. You’ll seem much more genuine that way. Like the lady said, “Hey buddy, my eyes are on my face, up here!” Just like if you met a girl for the first time, you may want to look below the neck line but you won’t do it until you both feel comfortable. Then it’s natural to look each other over. Women focus on the face first, the eyes and the mouth to see what comes out. Later on they look everything else over. That’s if you want to be sociable, which is what humans do. There are no pack leaders with people and there should never be.

If you want to build up self confidence as well as character then being nude may just help out. As they say, without material possessions we are supposed to be on equal playing field. But you will be like me when you venture onto the scene alone, you will be the new member of the tribe, or just a passing visitor. You’ll find people who have been at this beach for many seasons and they have many friends, just like high school!
But don’t let that throw you, because you made friends your whole life so this is yet one more step.

And I do believe you are worried about that male thing, male arousal. If you can do that in

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  12:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I'm a newbie to this bulletin board but not completely new to Gunnison Beach. Last summer was my first. I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this - a few weeks ago I visited Gunnison and noticed that you could no longer walk very far south of all the people. The area was closed off and a ranger sitting there to make sure nobody entered the area. Last summer people used to fish in that area south of all the bathers and you could walk pretty far. Anyone know what's up with that? Is it a temporary closure maybe for some special wildlife preservation, or is that how it's going to be long term? Thanks.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  1:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The signs read
ENDANGERED SPECIES
nesting shore birds.

They have BOTH ends of the beach blocked off. I think the signs come down August 15.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  1:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HJ47

Hello everyone,

Just a couple thoughts to the very good advise you already have. I leave my house at 3am(4 hr drive). I beat the traffic and save the $10 fee. Don't forget sunscreen and insect repellant. I bring the spray on kind! I don't miss spots and can avoid rubbing myself (if you know what I mean). The flies tend to stay close to the sand so you might want to bring a chair. HAVE FUN!!

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  3:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I went down to Gunnison early this morning. I was tossing it around all last night because of the weather report but when I saw those pink hue clouds against that pale blue sky around 6:00am, I had to go for it. The sun looked so inviting.

The beach was very deserted with just a handful of diehards. A few couples, a lot of guys, a few single gals most of which were tanned and a few pale skins. The water was warm, the fog rolled in and then out again. It was spooky to see the lifeguard towers disappear in the fog and then suddenly reemerge.

I even noticed that the “fishing” boats were not off shore today. Could it be the weather? Lack of nudes on the beach? I hung around for about three hours and then the weather began to look threatening so I packed up and took off. And almost much to my surprise when I got back to the parking lot a little after 11:30am it had only handful of cars. In one way I’m disappointed in myself that I traveled 1 ¾ hours one way just to grab some sun in the nude. Too bad there wasn’t that much or any sun at all. I could have stayed home and did the fake bake thing down at the tanning salon and throw some sand around to make believe I was at Gunnison.

As for that bit about socializing, I’m not kidding, I think I’m losing the power of speech and have become indifferent to everyone around me. I think it’s all that chastising about the “perv” alert, the single white guy looking to pickup a beach bunny or two. I know I’m not a perv or a masher, but I’m like that kid, HJ47 he doesn’t want to come off as a perv or a punk kid, me neither. It’s either me or in this day of age people have become more scared off of the stranger, the intruder. I guess when the clothes come off the defenses go on high alert. Strange, you would think it would be opposite. I wonder what an anthropologist would make of this behavior?

Any way Friday till Sunday suppose to be great weather so it’s back to the rise and shine of 3:00am and then off to the beach!
Now I wish my mom was still around. She could pack my lunch, pat me on the top of my head and send me off to kindergarten saying, “Now be good and play nice with all the other boys and girls in the sand box!”

If I bring the ball, who’ll bring the jacks?

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  8:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some nudists have enjoyed taking a long walk along the coast south of the main area of Gunnison Beach. Normally you can walk quite a ways before coming to the “Entering clothed area” sign. Perhaps that is half way to the fishing beach.

Now you can’t do that. That area is now closed off, because some endangered specie birds are nesting there.

Don’t get me wrong. Gunnison Beach is very much open. I was there today.

Naturally, Lester

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.52 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved