Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 221 ]  [ Total: 221 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

suedehead

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  11:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all. New to the group, although I'm not new to Gunnison. I'm a Manhattanite who usually rents a car and heads out to Sandy Hook on Mondays. I'm looking to see if there are any other city people there who might be interested in sharing a ride with me. Let me know and we can talk more...

fullymooned

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  12:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks
I would like to visit gunnison beach and have never been nude before in public. It would be easier if i were with some people i knew. Are there any groups that go often or perhaps some folks that would like to get acquainted prior to going there together. Thank you.

fullymooned

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  10:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how to contact philly nudists

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  03:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not sure they(PHI NU) are still operating. Try FOG, the link is on the previous page.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Dougie

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  9:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dougie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey gang,
we are heading to Gunnison this weekend and want to know if the entrance to the sewage treatment plant is still accessible to go through to the beach? Have not been there since October.

fullymooned

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  10:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i emailed FOG but they dont reply back. So any one I can join over this weekend ?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  1:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fullymooned

well i emailed FOG but they dont reply back. So any one I can join over this weekend ?

foghornnj@aol.com is their email address. Give them a couple of days. Not everyone keeps their email open every day. It's a great group. I'm personally acquainted with some of the members
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

fullymooned

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  8:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I emailed FOG right now so lets see if they reply back on time. I am hoping to go there tomorrow for my first ever visit to the beach nude. Any one else planning to go there tomorrow morning ?

cool29

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  6:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi cheri..i m thinkin bout goin to gunnison beach next week...i was looking for company to go to the beach with me since..it is no fun..going to the beach alone..so i was thinking if u r living nearby..and if u can join me..thank you

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 06/29/2007 4:59:31 PM

turtlendragonfly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  07:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my wife and i went there for our first "official" nude beach trip. we had been to higbees in cape may a few times years ago. we loved the beach except for one thing. it was late summer of 2005 and the water had a fair amount of trash in it. candy wrappers, plastic, bottles and such. is this a regular problem or was it just an issue that was there when we were?

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  10:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FYI: The park is open from sunrise to sunset. They start charging at 7am. If you get there before 7 stop at the Ranger Station and they will give you a FREE parking pass. This info from a female Ranger who was working the gate on June 27,2007. Also, they do not allow "flotation" (Boogie boards,mats etc.) at Gunnison. I had ordered a surf mat online. One of the regulars told me the Lifeguards would ask me to take it out of the water at 10:00. I confirmed this with one of the guards also. There wasn't enough surf to ride it anyway.
Had a great day at the beach.Got to LotG just before 8am and stayed until 2pm. I remembered the sunscreen but not the insect repelent. The sand flies were biting early but,the wind picked up and blew them back toward the dunes. I overheard a woman telling folks she swears by catnip oil for the bugs. Plenty of folks all shapes, sizes. ages and colors. There were a few families with children. Most of the kids(but, not their parents) were wearing suits. The one nude little girl I noticed seemed to having a grand time.
Early in the morning the Rangers made several trips up and down the beach in their SUV. I noticed it parked just past the CLOTHING REQUIRED sign on the south end around noon. I also noted people often drop off there stuff before parking.
I didn't see any trash on the beach or in the water.
Don't worry about going to Gunnison by yourself. Most of the folks there are quite friendly. It helps if your a little outgoing but, everyone I spoke to responded. I even got in a vollyball game(8 naked guys all past 40 and 2 18+ clothed females). The point is nobody cares. The only limiting factor to age and size is the HIKE to the beach from the road.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 06/29/2007 10:26:04 AM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  5:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cool29

hi cheri..i m thinkin bout goin to gunnison beach next week...i was looking for company to go to the beach with me since..it is no fun..going to the beach alone..so i was thinking if u r living nearby..and if u can join me..thank you

I appreciate the invitation, but my husband and I live in South Carolina. That's a long way for a daytrip.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Jjny20

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  12:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Jjny20 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm new to this board. I have been a nudist for a while but I haven't been to Gunnison's beach before. I was planning on going in about 2 weeks (probably on a Wed or Thurs for now) and being it's my first time I would like to see if I could find anyone to go with or at least meet up with over there.
If anyone would be interested, feel free to contact me on here or on yahoo with the same name.
Jimmy

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  06:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let me know. Those are my days off. As I posted most people are very nice. You can tell the regulars. They have those carts (Roleez, I think) to lug their stuff with. Some of them set up camp,tents, flags you name it. I can go this Thursday morning. Don't know my schedule for next week yet. It is 200 miles each way for me so,I have to plan ahead.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

love the sun

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  8:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend and I tried Gunnison for the first time last year (we went there maybe 3 or 4 times), and only 2 or 3 times so far this year, and for the most part, have really enjoyed our time there - we were both surprised how much we really enjoyed the entire experience. I should say that we've never been there on a weekend - only mid-week.

But there is a disturbing trend - maybe I'm over-sensitive, but every time we've been there this year, we've had to constantly remain on the watch for people with cell phone cameras. On this last trip (last Wednesday), she had her picture taken at least 6 times by people both on the beach and at the entrance to the changing rooms. We also had two different people walk up while we were laying on the ssnd and try and take pictures with a regular digital camera.

I've given up trying to lay back and relax - it's also turned her off from taking long walks on the beach - last time we tried to walk, we watched several folks snapping away, with no embarassment whatsoever, as we walked by.

We both have very "public" jobs, so it's extremely disconcerting to think that any one of these photos might end up posted somewhere on the 'net.

And yes, I've pursued those doing it on several occasions, and have had them erase the pictures, but that isn't a pleasant way to spend a vacation day. It's unfortunate because she loves the beach, and I enjoy our time there - she doesn't mind people looking at her, or even the occasional gawker (if they keep their distance), but the camera thing is driving her to the point where she said that our last trip there was indeed our last.

It may be too late, but any advice?

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved