Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 252 ]  [ Total: 252 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Nudist Problem - Unwanted Erection
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Frequent Uncontrolable Erections Medical Condition Topic Next Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist
Page: of 16

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  9:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you'd rather have a man with a totally innocent erection that your child might see than someone else who might be a paedophile but not have an erection? (and please don't think for a second that I'd fall into that category, people like that should be locked up)

There is no way to judge a persons intent from their physical actions, intentional or not. As I've said if in a nudist environment and I got an erection, which I doubt I even would anyway, I would cover up because I'd feel embarrassed, and I understand etiquette and am not a rude person who would force my opinions on others. I'm speaking purely hypothetically here. An erection is to a nudist what a nudist is to a textile. Eventually opinions may shift of course, and only through discussing it can that ever happen.

Temet Nosce

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  9:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And just to add to that with regard to children, I'm too young to have children myself (well in terms of the fact that I do want them but only when I'm emotionally and financially ready for the challenge) but if and when I do I'd hope to raise them with a good attitude to their bodies and not to follow the pressures of an unhealthy society. In addition if any where boys I'd understand that they themselves would experience erections and that that isn't a dirty thing, just like nudity isn't, and that seeing me or anyone else in that state doesn't mean it is a weird or bad. If in a nudist setting I'd probably feel as protective as you mentioned though, but I'd be suspicious of anyone that I didn't know being in too close proximity to my children, erection or no.

I can't say for certain on some things because I'm still young and forming opinions on things, and haven't experienced some things, not my fault. I just wish more people were open to more ideas and discussions sometimes, I haven't even done anything and I'm being made to feel like a pervert or worse.

Temet Nosce

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  10:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blobby Bob, noone here is trying to make you feel "like a pervert or worse"...

I hope you decide to go to a nudist resort (or other nudist setting) to experience how great it really is! I really think you won't regret it!

I am (we are) simply stating the fact that erections in a nudist setting are generally frowned upon... for whatever the reason!

I am a male and understand *exactly* what you are talking about! I get erections sometimes while alone or in a non-nude social setting... it happens!

I actually like them... erections remind me that I am a man! LOL...

But I have never got an erection in a nudist setting... I am sure it will happen eventually.. but it hasn't happened yet...

But there is a time and place for everything... a time to be clothed... a time to be nude... a time to laugh, a time to cry, a time to have erections... a time to "cover" those erections...

As a nudist... all I am saying is the time to "cover" those erections is when you are in a nudist situation where children are near or women (or men) may become offended... that's all..

You mentioned you don't have children yet, but pretend for a moment you do... it is 15 years from now and you take your wife and 13 year old daughter to a nudist resort you have been to several times...

There is a man there who is setting up the movie projector whom you never seen before... he is nude of course and your daughter (also nude) walks up to him and asks questions about what movie will be shown and what time it starts... and where to get some popcorn...

The man begins to answer her (without any "bad" thoughts whatsoever) and the wind changes direction... causing him to slowly get an erection... he doesn't "hide it" or "cover it up" because it is his right to be "totally free" and complete with nature...

The erection is *totally innocent* but you don't know that...

You are watching this take place from a short distance away and before you know what is going on, the man is standing there, fully erect, in front of your 13 year old daughter...

You approach them and he senses you are upset... he explains that the "wind changed direction" which is why he became erect...

How would you feel? What would you do?

That is what we are saying here... the reasons for erections do not matter at all... we all agree that men get erections. Period.

But wouldn't you have appreciated it greatly if the man had attempted to at least "hide" or "cover up" his erection?

Of course you would; if not for you, at least for your teen-aged daughter...

-ToAsTeD

Edited by - ToAsTeD on 12/02/2006 10:28:19 PM

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  10:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlobbyBob

So you'd rather have a man with a totally innocent erection that your child might see than someone else who might be a paedophile but not have an erection? (and please don't think for a second that I'd fall into that category, people like that should be locked up)

There is no way to judge a persons intent from their physical actions, intentional or not. As I've said if in a nudist environment and I got an erection, which I doubt I even would anyway, I would cover up because I'd feel embarrassed, and I understand etiquette and am not a rude person who would force my opinions on others. I'm speaking purely hypothetically here. An erection is to a nudist what a nudist is to a textile. Eventually opinions may shift of course, and only through discussing it can that ever happen.

Temet Nosce

I don't think you "fall into that category" at all... and I appologize if I came across that way (I really don't think I did though.)

It all comes down to etiquette; for example, one of the "expected behaviors" for nudists is to carry a towel with him/her to use when sitting on public chairs, etc.

Although it is not always a written rule, it is a "nudist norm" that people expect you to do.

If a person were to come to a pool, for example, and sit down in a public chair without a towel, he would be most likely frowned upon. Maybe someone would say something to him, maybe not; but the fact is that he has broken a "norm" in the nudist environment.

The same holds true for erections: the erection is "expected" to be covered up no matter what the reason...

Is it right or wrong? It doesn't matter. Covering an erection is the "norm" and that is what is expected...

We can go back and forth and argue all day long (and all night long) about the wind and the water and the sun and bladders being full, etc. but the bottom is that erections are expected to be covered in nudist settings...

Sorry if you don't like it, but I don't always like giving up my seat to a woman (especially when I am tired!) or turning off my cell phone in the library (especially when I am expecting a call!) but that is what I do... out of respect for others...

It's just the way it is...

-ToAsTeD

Edited by - ToAsTeD on 12/02/2006 11:01:36 PM

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  1:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some folks will do as they please even if we talk ourselves blue in the face.

My best advice:
Change the channel. Don't look. If you feel they are trying to be showy, don't give them an audience.

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 12/08/2006 1:15:06 PM

one man

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  05:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is an outside point of view. OK. I'm not a nudist, may never be, who knows, but here is my 2 ct worth.
1. At this point in my life your nakedness may offend me.
It does not.
This is why you go to a certain location to be nude.
Your nakedness offends others.
It's called control.
Laws.
Other People telling you what to do, and where to do it.

2.Being nude around others has consequences.
Like seeing other people in their natural state.
Natural state is what ever condition the body may be in. Clothed or not. Erect or not.
Erect does not = lust.

3.Question
A woman’s state of arousal can not be determined by her body, so should we just assume that all women are aroused by the sight of a nude man and ban them from any location where a nude man may be? Maybe. Maybe we should make women cover themselves because our fears have over taken the better part of our senses.
If becoming a nudist means I need to be worried about my erection then count me out.

My erection is not a sneeze, a dump in the street , or a menace. It's function of the body, just like growing into an adult. And if while growing into an adult your children are confused with the message that the body is sometimes beautiful but sometimes dangerous at it may be you that is sending the wrong message.
We can only know the prejudice that we are taught.

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  2:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It must be awful to have an unwanted erection. I'm always delighted to have one, but then I'm mature enough for it not to happen in a social setting. So, if I see a man or more likely a boy in a naturist setting I tend to put it down to lack of maturity or a desire to exhibit the condition. If I had a medical condition or physical problem which caused a public erection I don't really think I would go nude at such times. Time will normally cause such displays to fade away, a bit like throwing up after too much to drink or an ill advised acceptance of a large Cuban cigar to save face. I used to go red in front of pretty girls & hate kissing old aunts at weddings. There are lots of things that puberty lumbers us males with, but most of the nasty effects like pimples and a lack of control over the body really do fade away just as quickly as they started. To close, most of us (I think) find the view of a male walking down a beach with an erection all a bit less than wholesome.

Rod

Edited by - Rodders on 12/12/2006 04:29:42 AM

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  4:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot on Rodders

Anyone who has experienced social nudism realises that it is most certainly not a sexually charged atmosphere, unless you lack the necessary maturity as Rod suggested.

A bit less than wholesome, yes I like that one!

Pete Knight

indi6man
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  02:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pete I agree with you that social nudism is not a sexually charged environment.

I was born in a nudist household and have lived and practised nudism all my life.I have always been nude at home and grew up with sisters who were also nudists.At different stages in life erections have happened at home and on social nudist gatherings,it is embarrasing if others make you concious about it.Knowing that I am a mature nudist, someone around shouldn't look down upon me because I have an erection and don't know how to control it.An erection is a completely normal function related to the physomatic stage that you are at.If you are aroused it maybe only partly within you to contain your erection(as in mentally),essentially younger men face this problem more often than older men for obvious reasons.Having said that I am not making a case for younger men,but having evolved as a nudist from birth I feel that higher levels of testosterone(for the younger men) and finally receding with age should not be the basis of judging a mature nudist.A mature nudist should be able to accept someone's erection as an aberration.A person in a nudist gathering is aware of the social etiquette.If he has an erection then mature nudists would understand that and shouldn't make the person with the erection go thru a sense of rejection or even correction.

Another issue about younger male nudists has been the direct correlation of erections with lesser social nude gatherings.When the opportunity arises occassionaly an erection is more likely to happen.

I feel that woman who are aroused in a social nude gathering cannot be identified and therefore cannot be corrected or socially stigmatized.Keeping that natural advantage in mind they should be more understanding of the male handicap on this front.Many young male nudists have had to deal with some chiding from their peers for erections,they are evolving people in our nudist community and deserve some compassion from fellow nudists.

Let's provide for human lapses and disdvantages and view erections as something which for some maybe offensive but has to be treated with a little understanding.

karan williams

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  06:42:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry but any time someone uses the "you can't tell when women are getting horny" excuse, they just lose all credibility with me.

If I was going to make a list of the most stupid excuses to allow erections in public, this one would probably be #1.

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  1:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karan

Thanks for the lenghty reply, and I don't entirely disagree with you, yes erections are normal in a healthy male, but as has been previously stated, its what you do with it that matters, that is to say, don't fluant it, if it happens use the utmost discretion and cover it up. This is the difference between someone who wants the world to see his "male function", and the mature man who does the decent thing.

I've a suggestion, why don't you pro erection fellows form a club where you can walk around all day with a stiffy and not offend anyone.

Pete Knight

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  2:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Pete. I've been a naturist since a child and have, on occasions seen the odd erection. However, I've only seen overt displays in recent years and by generally speaking, younger men who give off the kind of vibes which say "hey look at me". Perhaps a Stiffy Is Nifty Club would be a cool idea. Tend to think however the Club "members" would soon become flaccid given a lack of an audience.

Rod

one man

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  05:06:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again, men are not controlled by there penises. The state of my penis does not determine the condition of my arousal. If you must accept the same doctrine as the people that confine you to the locations that you can express yourselves then you are no better than them. Remember, they think you are perverted just because you go around nude. If you get an erection in front of your own child, for any reason, does that mean you are lusting after them?
I just want a place that I can be equal with everyone that I meet. It seems that all my life someone has been trying to control the conditions under which I live.

paleseven

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  2:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was introduced to nudism by my girlfriend about 3 months ago, and the erection question still bothers me.

It's hypocrytical to say nudism is about body acceptance and then not accept something about the body you don't like because of your own hangups.

This seems a good article: http://www.[deleted re: photos of minors].com/bodyacceptance.html

While I really don't want to see men with errections I wouldn't be 'offended', its totally natural for what ever reason so I wouldn't feel I have any right to tell them otherwise. People do plenty more offensive things in public. The question about women and children seeing erections is interesting, but also poses the question 'why not'? As a kid my own penis went up and down all day, as a teenager it spent more time up than down! I wish I had known to accept this rather than feeling awful about it at the time. If you really do believe the human body is nothing to hide then surely all of it must be accepted.

But wait! Of course lewd behaviour is lewd behaviour, clothed or otherwise, and should not be accepted in a non-sexual environment. But an erection can not automatically be, its terrible to assume it is. It seems to be one of the last body taboos and I'd really like to know why. Is it envy? Is it a challenge?

I would argue an erection can even be a sign of love. My girlfriend and I have a great sex life and I often get erect just by kissing or touching her. Are you going to tell me I am not allowed to kiss her goodbye or put an arm around her when nude?

Personally I was embarrassed the one time I kissed her and got an erection at a sauna. I sat with a towel until it went. But it made me feel a big annoyed too, what was actually wrong with it? Why was I made to feel embarrased about my body, all over again? Isn't nudism about getting away from this?!

I would like to suggest that in a situation like this its actually the person who feels offended that has the problem and I'd like to ask them to ask themselves why, and maybe address it.

paleseven

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  2:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops just seen where that link came from, sorry, Google found me that one! Still a good article though.

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: Frequent Uncontrolable Erections Medical Condition Topic Next Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.35 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved