Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 211 ]  [ Total: 211 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  10:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Newbi,
I don't think you'll be able to give up Apollo or Playalinda, you may take a break for a while, but I think you'll go back. Once you go to that place, it gets in your blood and you can't stay away for long.

Don't give up on your girlfriend she just may fool you, my wife fooled me, she loves it as much or more than I do. Anyway you may have a new girlfriend next week.

Diger

newbi
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  3:29:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
huh? a new girlfriend next week? um...you know something i dont? lol

jaknsuz

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  11:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi y'all Jack & Susan here from NC. We will be coming to FL soon,and will be going to Apollo.We have been there several times before,and have a question. We never make it in time to get a parking spot at lot 5,so is it ok to bring a bicycle to ride back up from lot 4? I made the walk last time we went,and that pretty much took all the fun out of the whole day! Would it be ok to chain a bike up at the walkover?

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  10:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jaknsuz...A lot of people do the bicycle thing, it won't be a problem. There is a bike rack at lot #5 walkover, just bring your lock and chain. We just got back from NC, loved the mountains but really missed Apollo Beach....Jim

jaknsuz

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  8:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jim. That's the way it goes....we live in the mtns of WNC and love Apollo Beach!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  3:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newbi

huh? a new girlfriend next week? um...you know something i dont? lol

Newbi,

I thought of you when I heard this.

Check it out

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=50739249

Diger

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  8:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jaknsuz... Lot #5 was closed today through the middle of next week due to the shuttle launch this Sunday, it seems NASA decided to put a camera at the beach walkover to catch the space flight. We parked at #4 and walked about 200 yards south, got naked and enjoyed the day. The park rangers understood even though it is not the C/O area. Don't know when you plan to travel, but we wanted to give you a heads up.....Jim

Edited by - Moderator on 08/24/2006 12:15:24 PM

jaknsuz

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  10:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up More than likely it will be in Nov. We are planning to bring one of the hot rods to the Turkey Rod Run at the speedway.We'll keep an eye on the shuttle launch thing.We got turned back from the Playalinda side several years ago because of the same thing.The ranger was mumbling something about "Them dadblamed hillbillies" when we left

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  6:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I, both in our 60's, are veteran naturists and have been to most of the popular clubs in FL, plus Club Orient. Having dodged the annoying ranger patrols at Sanibel/Captiva for the past few years, we're now thinking of a week's vacation of sunning at Playalinda in June '07, but are wondering where one should stay, and what other activities might be available during the non-beach hours (we're not into the bar scene). We're also getting the impression that it takes awhile (30-40 minutes?) to drive from Titusville to the beach's parking area. Comments and suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

almost there

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  7:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well the beach is open from dusk till dawn. so the off hours do not leave much to do in Titusville other then some restaurants and bars. If your up for a bit of driving there are some venues for shopping or a movie. Over the last few years most of the residents of Brevard Co. have been relocating to the central and southern parts. Others to Orlando or points north of the county. So aside from a rather small downtown section of Titusville there is not much else to the town.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  10:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
TanSailr,

I agree there is not much to see at Titusville (if your not into the space center).

You might just consider staying in New Smyrna and going to Apollo.

Although the parking is more of a problem and the sand is harder to walk in, Apollo is a nice beach.

It will depend on where you will be spending your time. If you will be nude on the beach all day then Playalinda is the place to be. If you will be spending more time around town New Smyrna is much nicer and it's only a short drive to Apollo.

Diger

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  10:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all for the input. It sounds like we'll be looking for a condo rental in Apollo. Diger, what do you mean by Apollo being harder to walk on? Is it hardpan beyond the tidal line, or is walking harder because the sand isn't packed down?

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  9:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This year at Apollo the sand has been hard to walk on, even the packed sand below the high tide line. We were told a Hurricane the year before had brought in some different sand.

In June the walking was terrible and in July it was about the same. However just a week ago when we were there, it had improved a little, with some harder sand coming back in a few areas. We are hoping it will continue to improve.

Just a few miles north at New smyrna beach they have some of the best hard packed sand I have ever seen.

Have a great trip and drop me a PM with any questions you may have.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 10/29/2006 9:37:53 PM

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  12:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all the great input and PM's it looks like we'll be heading there for a week in June. Can anyone recommend favorite places to find a 1-2 BR condo or similar housekeeping unit? We're not into the high-rise scene and prefer to be near the quieter, non-motorized section of the beach, near the park. A beach view isn't essential. Thanks in advance!

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  12:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try The Aloha Motel, About a mile from the enterance.

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved