Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 447 ]  [ Total: 447 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  8:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy Diger.....Apollo Beach is still in good shape even after this summers storms. Although some erosion did occur the dune actually stayed intact. I live about 15 minutes to the north of Apollo and those beaches really took a shot, the developers built too close to the shoreline and some of those structures were condemned. My wife and I also enjoy that particular beach, very laid back and friendly. We have never had any type of problems other than a few gawkers and one guy playing with himself up in the palmetto scrub, but the rangers took care of him (those palmettos had to hurt). Some folks say the parking could be better but we think that sort of adds somewhat of a challange. How often do ya'll get down this way?

ztop

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  09:59:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Long time lurker here. Great site!

Love Haulover but never been to the northern fl CO beaches.

Heading to bike week later this week and wondered if, weather permitting, there will be anyone enjoying Apollo or Playalinda beaches next weekend? If not the weekend, is there any activity early in the week?

Anyone here planning on being there?

ztop

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  1:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back from a visit to Florida and Apollo Beach.

Here's my trip report, for what its worth.

Apollo Beach is found by driving down A1A from New Symrna Beach and entering the park system, prying $3.00 per person. (They have yearly passes for those who make frequent trips.) The young park ranger answered all my questions, even those about the CO part of the beach. (He also mentioned one man who parked at lot one most days and "did his thing" on that beach, with no complaints.)

The CO beach is at the far end of the park (lot 5), reached by crossing the foot bridge and turning right, heading south past the sign warning of nude sunbathers beyond.

Note, this is not very populated probably because the beach is small as is the parking lot. In fact you might have to wait for someone to leave or park at lot 4 and hitch hike down to lot 5.

Mostly men, this very long strip is not a community type as each person or couple seems to pick spots many feet from others, else they travel far down the beach for more privacy. (Certainly not the communal feeling like Haulover.)

The strip of beach at low tide is only about 30 feet wide between the water and the dunes (which you must not touch).

There were a few older gentlemen who obviously "toured the beach" when females were present but the most rude person seemed to be a regular who seemed to want to ingratiate himself by offering "tips" or other comments to single females (or even couples if the female was attractive).

For example, I approached (politely) a single female asking her to rub some location on my back (where I could not reach). She gratiously did so, I thanked her and returned to my towel. This "regular", seeing what transpired, then got up, went to her, and (with his member almost in her face) gave her a line of BS about single men (obviously me) who were there just to gawk at women.

Completely untrue but this left a very sour taste about Apollo Beach. To be quite honest, even the obviously gay guys were far more polite and friendly (and not looking for hookups) than this little busy body. So, if you ever run into a guy with a yellow colored wind breaker, try to stay clear.

Unable to get the time to hit Playalinda, I think I would recommend trying that beach over Apollo unless the latter is more convenient.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  8:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Ztop,

I am sorry to here your experience at Apollo was less than positive.

My wife and I have been going there for years and never had a bad experience. Although we have always attended as a couple and that does make it easier to be accepted without suspicion. However we have met several single males that were not suspicious at all.

You talked about some couples going farther down the beach and others setting up several feet apart, but you have to understand most of these are the newer nudist and the ones that travel down the beach are more than likely the first time nudist.

Apollo is a great place for the beginner and several years ago that was my wife and I that slipped far down the beach to give my wife some space to go nude for the first time in public. Needless to say she was hooked and we have been going every year since.

Please don’t let one person’s actions leave you with a bad impression of Apollo.

Diger

ashaman

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  2:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ashaman an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Guys,

We are planning to visit Apollo beach sometime next month. Do you know of any inexpensive but still decent place to stay for a night in New Smyrna Beach? Thanks.

2 Ztop: Sorry to hear bad impressions of the beach... Last year we were 3 times at the beach and everything was just fine. The only bad thing was when a friend of mine was about to make a picture of my wife and me. Although she did not point the camera to anyone except us, someone came and said that it was inappropriate.

ztop

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  4:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ashman, check out tripadvisor.com. There are several places listed at some decent prices. I also noticed there were tons of condo rentals so you might want to google some realtors to see what's available. There are also homes for rent, google may help there too.

I realize some can make a nice beach unpleasant and I would go to Apollo again but I think I'd compare Playalinda first. One of the problems, as I mentioned, was the lack of people. Haulover didn't have that problem. You could lay among the throngs of people at Haulover and feel quite comfortable. When the bathers are lined up along the dunes down the strip of skinny beach at Apollo, the experience is quite different.

digger, thanks for your comments. One thing about those going wayyy down the beach, those seemed to always be single men. Not sure if there was activity down there but it sure was a long walk through soft sand.

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  7:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ashaman....We live in New Smyrna Beach and feel very fortunate to have Apollo Beach practically in our back yard. It is extremely clean, well kept with nature undisturbed. Parking is at a premium, but in return one receives the privacy and solitude that you can't find in Miami. The best spot for couples is just past the naked people sign. The park rangers do a great job in sorting out the pervs that seem to hang out on any CO beach.

Some reasonable places to stay on the beachside;

Aloha Motel 386-428-3386 (closest to Apollo Beach)
Sea Horse Inn 386-428-8081 (walk to restuarants)
Valdora Court Motel 386-427-5606
Sea Vista Motel 386-428-2210 (Tiki Bar & Blues band on weekends)

We hope you enjoy you stay....Mr & Mrs Badbugs

ashaman

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  08:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Send ashaman an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone!

I hope we see you all on the beach.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  5:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ashaman,

I just wanted to tell you that we stayed at the Sea Vista motel a couple years ago and when we called for the reservations the lady said it had a laid back attitude. Let me translate....that means PARTY CITY.

The first night we stayed there the Harleys rolled in to the courtyard around midnight and about rumbled us out of bed. Something was going on almost every night.

The night before we headed home a group of around 12-15 under aged teens took over the place. We called the management....did no good, called the cops....quieted down for about 30 minutes then right back to Hell raising.

Not till about 2AM when someone got drunk or stoned and knocked down a power pole with a van did we get anything done. The power was out with no AC so we were out talking to the neighbors that were feed up as well. I walked down and talked to the Officer at the crash scene and told him what was going on. They raided the place and called all the parents, but it was fun when we did get to watch as the parents came to pickup the kids. The officer we talked to said they have problems with the Sea Vista quit often.

Nothing like 4 hours sleep before an 11-hour drive home. The only bright side is we had one heck of a story to tell.

Diger

ashaman

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  6:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ashaman an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Diger,

My wife and I also had such experience with Sea Vista last year.
Their central cooling system was set somewhere around the freezing point :)) We asked the management to increase the temperature and they did it. But after an hour or so they set it back.
And there was a band playing loudly close to our window.
So, this is our experience with Sea Vista.

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  8:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess the Sea Vista wasn't such a good idea.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  2:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Badbugs,

You didn't know so don't worry about it. The stay was worth it cause we have had more fun telling everyone about it. The only sad thing is that the kids were so young, a couple of the girls were 13.

We talked to the maids the next morning when they cleaned the 2 rooms they were in ..... they said there were condoms, liquor bottles and crack vials all over the room. After that I was glad we got it broke up when we did, I just wish it had been sooner. For the kids sake that is.

Diger

Floridian

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  09:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My deepest thanks to sea foam and all contributors for clarifying the nude sunbathing situation at Apollo and Playalinda.

I've been to Canaveral Nat. Seashore for it's natural beauty, but only fully clothed, too scared to go nude in fear of being arrested.

The Central Florida Naturist web page is full of legal goings-on posts which instilled the fear I have about going nude there. I concluded that Playalinda was definitely out of the question for nude sunbathing now, and that Apollo, with it's limited parking and long walk was the only option.

I've not been nude sunbathing simply for that "arrest" fear. However, the timely and clear comments I've found here have dampended that fear somewhat, and I've got plans now to visit Playalinda in early April.

It'll be my first nude-beach experience. Thanks to all.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  8:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Floridian,

Good Luck on your first visit. Playalinda is a great place and has had no trouble in several years.

Is your wife going with you the nude beach experience is much better as a couple?

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 04/01/2006 8:16:27 PM

Floridian

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  9:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife might go with me - she loves secluded beaches without high-rise hotels and noise a la Daytona, so it's possible!

Floridian

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved