Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 263 ]  [ Total: 263 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

TheOmne
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  02:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheOmne's Homepage  Send TheOmne an AOL message  Click to see TheOmne's MSN Messenger address  Send TheOmne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wife and I went there this past May. Visited the Volusia County side, arrived around 3pm on a Friday. The ranger at the toll station warned us that the parking situation at lot 5 wasn't good, it had been full since about 9 in the morning. Well we decided to chance it and headed down there anyway. When we pulled into the lot there just happened to be someone leaving and we slipped right into their slot.
We got out of the car, grabbed our bag and towels and headed out to the beach. You take a boardwalk over the dunes, down a ramp and out to the beach. When we got to the beach we hung a right and headed for to nude area. It would be a heck of a walk from lot 4 but not bad at all from five. We spent a couple hours recharging our solar batteries :) and playing in the surf. Walked up and down the beach collecting shells for souvineers and playing in the tidepools. Then we decided to hit the road (we were on our way home from disney) We stopped at the warning sign and snaped a pic using the self timer, we didn't feel like we'd had enough naked time so we just wrapped our towels around us and headed for the car. We were watched by other naked beach dennizens but nobody ever approched us or talked to us except for one guy who seemed a little creepy and stared at us while we played in the tide pools.
All in all it was a great place, and after the VERY nudist unfriendly attitude of the disney resorts it was a welcome change of pace. I think next year we'll check out playalinda instead, hopefully we'll be able to make it out for the whole day.
Love to hear about any experiences anybody else has had on these nude beaches.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  2:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife and I go to Apollo every year, we enjoy the beautiful beach and the friendly people. Our next trip is the week of June 5th and we can't wait. If anyone will be there that week, drop me a line and we may get together.

One more thing, I read that lot #4 was closed for repair, does any one know for how long.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 02/24/2005 5:52:51 PM

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  8:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there at Christmas and #4 was closed I will be there again the first of April and I will let you know the status of #4

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  6:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks

I'm afraid if Lot #4 is closed it will put more strain on Lot #5. It's hard enough to get a parking spot there in June.

Diger

Bertgnv

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  12:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Bertgnv a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Can anyone supply updated info about Apollo Beach #4 and #5? Can anyone provide updated info comparing Apollo Beach and Playalinda? Thanks.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  07:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bertgnv

Can anyone supply updated info about Apollo Beach #4 and #5? Can anyone provide updated info comparing Apollo Beach and Playalinda? Thanks.

How updated do you need? I was able to visit there about 1 1/2 years ago (November). I found Apollo much less frequented but also with less parking. I had visited Playalinda previously and was somewhat familiar with it.

Being that it was a November weekday when I was there, there were not too many people at either beach.

Playalinda is closer if you are in Orlando, Apollo if you are in Daytona.

After I visited, I posted a trip report at http://nudist-resorts.org/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=709

Buster
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  10:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I guess this could go more under a general posting, but I wanted it to be more Apollo specific. I’ve been going to Apollo, for a little under a year now, because that’s about as long as I’ve lived in Florida. I’m in a serious relationship, however she’s in college in VA, and is infrequently here to join me. I do go alone, but fear a male in his early twenties, can easily be given the stigma of either a gawker, or looking for male “company” of which neither are the case. I read posts about how approachable people are, but due to there being so few 22 year old males who just very much enjoy nudity in the States, I fear approaching people would be miss construed, and I guess people are sort-of standoffish about approaching me. My interaction with other beach goers has thus far been limited to asking a couple for a cigarette after the waves got a little over zealous and soaked myself, my towel and bag.

I go to Apollo a minimum of 3 times a month; I’d go more if I were less than an hour away. I find when I go alone, I spend less time there than if I had company, I am in no way trying to use this as a nude dating service, as I mentioned, I am in a serious relationship, and would like to spend more time at the beach than it takes for me to get there. As is, Apollo is one of my favorite places if not my favorite place to spend a day, due to the landscape and “dress code”. I very much enjoy being nude where it is acceptable, I unfortunately have no friends who share this philosophy, besides my girlfriend, as I mentioned before the 1,000 miles of separation presents a problem.

I guess I’m just looking for some friends who enjoy and accept nudity as a natural part of life. Hopefully my girlfriends will be moving in with me for the summer, and if anyone, or another couple is interested in helping me into a circle of friends that has thus far eluded me (by this I mean nudists) when she does come down we will be able to add another to the “would be gang”. I say a couple, because that might help her feel more comfortable if/when she comes down. I realize there are few people my age there, and that is not an issue. I usually wear a hat, sunglasses, read a book, and make my home on a Budweiser towel.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  7:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bad News about Apollo Beach,
The park service announced on there website they closed lot #5 on monday April 18th for 8 weeks to repair the boardwalk. This means a 2 1/2 mile walk to the nude beach from lot #4. This throws a wrench in our plans for June 5th.
I guess we'll go to Playalinda.

Buster, will you see if you can find out any thing about the closing?

Thanks

Diger

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  09:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Note: The url is on two lines

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Neighbors/
DailyJournal/03AreaDJ09041605.htm

Popular Seashore parking area closing for work

By LINDA WALTON
Correspondent

Last update: April 16, 2005

NEW SMYRNA BEACH -- People who like to use the last beach entry at
Canaveral National Seashore will have to hike a couple miles to get
there for the next few months.

The Parking Lot 5 boardwalk to the beach will be closed for renovations
for the next eight weeks, according to Canaveral Superintendent Carol
Clark.

That will cut the 201 beachfront parking spaces, which are normally
full by mid-morning on weekends, to 164.

"That is the longest it will be closed. We will be doing our best to
get it back open earlier," Clark said Friday.

The good news is the administrative boardwalk has been repaired and is
open for equestrians to enter the 1.5-miles of beach available for
horseback riding. Rides are available through May 1. After that, it is
off limits until Nov. 1 due to turtle nesting season.

Closing the southernmost beach entry in the north end of the park will
be the toughest on surf fishermen and nudists who have for decades used
an area of the beach about a quarter-mile south of Parking Lot 5.

With the closure, effective Monday, the only way to enter the clothing
optional zone will be to walk from Parking Lot 4.

"It's about 2 miles from parking area 4 to5," said Chief Ranger Tim
Morgan. "We have signs up and the rangers have personally been
notifying those using the fifth parking lot of the temporary closing
that will take place."

But some probably will find out about the closing only after they show
up for a day at the beach.

"Unlike the Central Florida Naturist organization, which is active at
the south end of the park in Brevard County, the participants here are
not really organized," Morgan said.

Like other beachfront parking facilities, the next closest parking lot
(No. 4) generally fills up early in the morning.

Surf anglers can fish from any of the four remaining beach access
points, but nudists are required to remain in one location, south of
the fifth parking lot.

Clark said the closure is for a normal 10-year renovation for the
boardwalk leading to the beach. In addition, the road will be closed
just south of the fourth parking facility to keep vehicular traffic
away from work areas.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2005 :  9:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to Apollo Beach today and lot #5 was still closed. The Ranger told us to use lot #4 and walk about 100 yards south to the temporary clothing optional section. What a beautiful day it was.

newbi
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  7:38:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well it looks like it has been a while since the last post. so here is the latest for the national seashore ( apollo/playalinda). apollo is back to normal lot #5 is open and doing well. though Bravard county still has its signs up at playalinda the rangers wont ticket u and the county rairly if ever is seen there. as of thoday ( i just got back from playalinda ) it is as buissy as ever. and still family friendly. just keep in mind that if the bravard county sheriffs show up u can b ticketed or arrested so keep an eye out. but other than that come on out and enjoy the national seashore with the rest of us

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  10:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
newbi,
I have had some people ask me if Apollo had any damage from Wilma when she passed through. Can you give me any info to pass on to my friends?
If you are a regular to Playalinda you must know the guy that walks with two canes? He seems very nice, he told my wife and I about finding shark's teeth on the beach. Sure enough if you look closely you can find them. Never found any at Apollo though.

Diger

newbi
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  10:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hay diger,

there was not a whole bunch of damage from wilma anywhere. but with the hurricains u do get a bit more beach erosion then normal. ive probably seen the guy u ar talking about. i dont talk to many of the ppl there i figure most of them want to b left alone. there is one older gent that talks to everyone and he is usualy going roung cleaning up the place. but as it stands now - even with our cooler weather of 78 - the national seashore is in full swing ... but i cant wait for the summer months as things will pick up quick. though im not looking forward to the parking. as it is now i still end up parking at lot 12 and walking up to 13

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  4:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Newbi,
Don't be so shy, by now you can tell who the regulars are, that is a good place to start.

Believe me when I say they have seen you and realize you are a regular. If you are not a troublemaker, they know that about you also. If you are shy, they know that and are giving you space.

That said, you can find some of the friendliest people you know on that, or any nude beach. So it's time for you to meet some people, granted it is more difficult for a single male than a couple but it’s well worth the effort.

The regulars become like a family, they watch over the beach and they are always looking for good people to help.

Diger

newbi
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  6:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks diger,

i actualy moved a bit closer into the crowd today. uesualy i kind of stay at a distance but i figure if i wanted to get to know some of the people there i might as well get into the general aria where they are at. i hope to make some friends prior to the start of the summer season. it would be cool to have kind of a family feel to it as all of myown family is in PA

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.38 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved