Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 543 ]  [ Total: 543 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Orient Beach is the Finest!!
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Many nude California nude beaches at risk Topic Next Topic: Croatias nudist beaches
Page: of 9

IslandGirl
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2002 :  3:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd have to vote for Orient Beach on St Maartin. I have been there a few times and it is just wonderful. The water is of course the wonderful Caribbean blue and really really warm. The sand is white and soft. Of course the place to stay while there is Club O, you can be as nude as you want to be and have daily access to the Beach. And the food around st maartin is to die for. Hopefully well be going back in January so that I can soak up a lil more of those golden rays!!

Susan
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2002 :  7:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is the resort there large? Ive heard of Orient Beach on a few travel forums and it seems like a really fun place to go. I mean its like everyones dream to walk nude or at least topless on a tropical beach. Is it reasonable or terribly expensive?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2002 :  7:18:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Club Orient is a mid-size resort that happens to have part of it nude.
There are quite a few smaller as well as larger resorts on Jamaica.

The most exclusive, IMNSHO, is Lido Braco.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to postively promote nudism
-
-

Beach
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2002 :  11:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been to Orient Beach, it is sort of the "Mecca" of Nude Beaches in this part of the world. We spent a week at Club O and had a wonderful time. Very laid back and relaxed. We drove into Marigot every other day to eat some wonderful French Food. I really can't wait to go back this winter....
I have been wondering about Hedonism in Jamaica since you brought up the subject of larger clubs. Has anyone personally been there? I hear they have the nude & prude sides. What is the atmosphere there?
Perhaps I can post some of my Orient Beach pics here, all in good taste of course....

Susan
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2002 :  12:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heres a dumb question, (be kind, Im a real newbie) What is meant by "nude & Prude"?
Susan

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2002 :  12:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It referring to a textile resort with a nude section. The nude is obvious, the prude refers to the textile side.

:) Cheri

-
-

oyspits

Posted - 07/21/2002 :  10:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I spent a week at Hedonism, Hedo for short. It is an all-inclusive club with nude & prude sides. When we were there, there was about 27 prudes and about 400 nudes. There really isn't a nice beach, so most of the people spent their time in the nude pool, giant hot tub, or just visiting around. The grounds are beautiful, and there is a super pool just outside the dining area. All kinds of sports are available. The entertainment was well above par, and every night is a theme of some sort. Most people prefer Toga and skits nights. Being all-inclusive was really nice. After you enter the front doors you never have to pay for anything with massages and gift/duty free shops being the exception. You name the drink, they make it, and its free. Food was better than most of the resorts we have visited around the world. Hedo offers lots of choices for you to make. If you take center stage or prefer to sit on the sidelines doesn't matter. No one there makes judgements about another person. You are free to be who you want to be. We would go back again if there wasn't so many other places in the world that we haven't seen.
Oyspits

Susan
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2002 :  11:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now Ive heard a lot about Hedonism, I think there are three of them. Are they all pretty much the same resort just in different areas of Jamaica, or are they different from each other. I could really get into a trip to Jamaica this winter......Is anyone on this board a travel agent with some really great deals??????

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2002 :  09:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Susan,
I would call Bare Necessities at 1-800-743-0405 or email them at
info@bare-necessities.com
Regards, Cheri

-
-

WWHRBH

Posted - 07/29/2002 :  9:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with islandgirl Club O is the best nude resort in the world

IslandGirl
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2002 :  9:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the board WWHRBH!! So nice to have another fan of Orient Beach here!

IslandGirl
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2002 :  9:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see your a Fire-Fighter,,,, how nice

carmenymark

Posted - 07/31/2002 :  3:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Is the beach really clothing optional. If I want to wear a bikini bottom, can I? Or is the nude section totally nude only?
Thanks.

quote:
I'd have to vote for Orient Beach on St Maartin. I have been there a few times and it is just wonderful. The water is of course the wonderful Caribbean blue and really really warm. The sand is white and soft. Of course the place to stay while there is Club O, you can be as nude as you want to be and have daily access to the Beach. And the food around st maartin is to die for. Hopefully well be going back in January so that I can soak up a lil more of those golden rays!!

IslandGirl
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2002 :  3:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What ever your comfort level is. There are plenty of women there who go totally bare, and others who wear bottoms, and those who wear a full cover up bathing suit. There were even a few who wore what I suppose was a mixture of bikini bottom and jewelry, it was a thong made out of silver with charms etc. The attitude on the beach is very laid back. You do what ever makes YOU feel comfortable...

PS...Welcome to the forum Carmenymark, its nice to have more chatters on board....

a1aparrot

Posted - 08/04/2002 :  2:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were in St. Maarten very briefly while on a cruise back in Feb. 2002.

We were with textlie friends, so I must say first that we did not go to Orient Beach, but we did get a pretty good view of the island as a whole.

St. Maarten/Martin is really two "countries" one Dutch, one French. Each "country' has a capital city (town really). We had the opportunity to visit both. The Dutch side is poverty stricken by American standards. Housing appears to be poor, and the roads are pretty bad. Access to fresh water we were told, is what holds it back. The main city, forgive, I can't remeber the name, wasn't too bad, something of a shopping mecca, but a bit tacky for our tastes. Liter bottles of Stoly's Vodka can be had for $3.99 US. Dining was iffy at best.

The French side seems to be much more affluent. The capital city (again, can't remember the name), was quite pleasant, and dining opportunities abounded. No tackiness was observed.

We did get to do a drive by of the Orient Beach area (It's on the French side). This is definitely the jewel of an otherwise iffy island.

We'd go again, but would definitely stay at the Orient Beach resort. This island is really not worth visiting again except for Orient Beach. I imagine that textiles who pay the bucks to go there are disappointed.

I suppose if we were going to spend the money to go to the Carribbean (other than on a cruise) we'd probably go to one of the all inclusives on Jamaica.

Just our observations! Wish we could have had a chance to go to Orient Beach!

cariblvr

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  6:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a1aparrot- too bad you got a bad impression of St. Martin. Many people find it quite different. The majority of the visitors who go regularly are textiles, so there is certainly a lot that attracts poeple besides Orient. I am quite surprised by your comment about "iffy" dining, as the island is noted for its restaurants. Even Philipsburg, the capital of the Dutch side and mainly a cruise ship passenger shopping haven, has some very decent places, although I suppose if you only have lunch on a day tour you might not notice them. I also have to disagree about the roads - by Caribbean standards, they are quite good. I think also the poverty level is no worse than most of the islands. One difference may be that on some of them the tours are able to avoid some of the less attractive areas, which is more difficult on St. Martin because of the layout.

There are many very nice beaches besides Orient. Coupecoy also has a clothes-optional portion, and it is not uncommon to find nudists on a few of the other beaches as well, although they are not officially designated that way. You can get some other opinions on traveltalkonline.com. At any rate, if you try the Orient Beach resort, you may find that you change your opinion about the rest of the island

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: Many nude California nude beaches at risk Topic Next Topic: Croatias nudist beaches  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved