Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 180 ]  [ Total: 180 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Many nude California nude beaches at risk
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Lighthouse beach Topic Next Topic: Orient Beach is the Finest!!  

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  04:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Seems California state beaches are no longer free from harassing law enforcement officers. The California Supreme Court has banned nudity from the state beaches. That may not be news, because this happened in 2008. Still, it has significant implications for casual nude use of those beaches.

Beaches on federal land are not changed because of the jurisdiction. So, perhaps the nudists are moving over to the federal nudist beaches.

I hope this philosophy does not find its way to other states. Hard to think of California as being a prude state.

Fortunately, in Northern California, the feds own a lot of our beaches, especially near the Bay Area.

Here is a link to the information, if one cares to read it. http://cbs5.com/local/nude.beach.appeal.2.1264899.html

I couldn't copy the news story, because of the copyright, and didn't want to get the forum at trouble doing so.

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree."
James Madison

Edited by - Warmskin on 11/05/2009 04:23:18 AM

naken
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  7:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why did the California Supreme court ban nudist from beaches in 2008 ? under what legal president,line of thinking etc allowed them to think this was a good .Who brought the case an was there a proper defence? Naken

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  10:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time for a bit of activism and getting the issue brought up again. The court actually refused to reveiw the lower courts ruling which is not the same thing as reveiwing it. They chose not to bother with it which is a way of saying they concured with the lower courts ruling. The motion befor that court was whether or not the CA Parks Dept. had acted in accordence with the rules about poicy changes and allowing a public comment period. They did not rule on the actual nudity itself though I am pretty sure how that would go. The court has held in the past that mere nudity is not illegal and as of a few years ago at least there was no state statute against nudity I am not sure what the case is now. Regardless our national organizations need to start putting out some serious efforts to regain our beaches or why are we bothering paying them dues?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  12:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The policy against nudism at state beaches was the Cahill policy of allowing nudity as long as no one complained about it. Apparently, the state park authorities of today didn't like that policy and then banned nudity at all state beaches. The state park folks were sued by Naturist Action Committee to change the law back to the old Cahill policy. The court ruled that overturning the Cahill policy was legal. From this, the naturists lost their freedom.

However, all is not necessarily lost. The authorities have lots of discretion in citing nudists at beaches. Some law enforcement folks can look the other way. Many of them don't want to bother the nudists; they're a very low priority, it would seem in the whole of law enforcements duties.

It may be the same with forest rangers and nudists. Rangers have far too much to do than to scour the forests looking for naturalists. There isn't the manpower or the desire to chase after us.

Still, though, I'd let some time go by and see how things are shaping up. If two years from now, nudists are not being hassled by the law, then it would probably be safe to again go to nude at the state beaches.

Policy is one thing, acting on it is quite another. Hopefully, this will turn out to be a scoff law.

James Madison

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  01:36:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Typical, the court ruling was on the legal technicality of the ability to make the change.

The normal point to bring pressure in the American political system is to hassle the members of the California Legislature. Of course, with their need to control rampant overspending, it could be presented as a cost shaving in reducing the need for State employees.

I live in Pennsylvania.

Edited by - balataf on 11/06/2009 01:37:22 AM

garyofpalosverdes

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  4:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With all the money the state of California makes on parking at these nude beaches, I can't believe they want to ban nudity.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  11:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bingo, I know that San O generated tons of revenue. I have driven by there thousands of times and the far end parking lot always had cars parked there even on a weekday in winter. They are truely stupid for cutting off the hand that feeds them.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  01:07:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
NudeAl,

This is clear demonstration of how California is going broke as a state government.

James Madison

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  03:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since when do you expect liberals to make sense???

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  11:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since liberals are largely drawn from the same species as the equally flawed and deluded conservatives, it seems a bit harsh to expect consistent rationality from either camp. If either philosophy was the "correct" one, it would have prevailed long ago and ended the debate ... Social Darwinism at its finest! But that hasn't happened, which tells me that the human condition is too diverse, complicated, and just plain ornery to be contained in ANY particular political philosophy. Each individual chooses a philosophy or party that suits his or her prejudices or self-interest, and regards the opposition as a bunch of evil morons. And thus it ever shall be. It's just as easy to bash the feckless Obamacrats as it was to bash the heedless Neocons in their day. The fact is, neither side has The Answer. I yield the remainder of my time to the great cynic Ambrose Bierce who defined a Conservative as "a statesman enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others".

Previous Topic: Lighthouse beach Topic Next Topic: Orient Beach is the Finest!!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.15 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved