Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 470 ]  [ Total: 470 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism and The Law
 Nudism and The Law / Laws Concerning Nudists
 school teacher in trouble for flashing
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Man Arrested For Being Naked In Own Kitchen Topic Next Topic: New Zealand nudist jogger wins court case
Page: of 4

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  10:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Exposed breasts probably offend two groups:
  • People offended by rule-breaking
  • People offended by any and all nudity.
The first group can be quietened by changing the rules. The second group have often been taught or brought up to believe there is something inherently wrong in nudity, or that it will automatically lead to "bad things"; children are only part of this group after sufficient indoctrination! Exposure to social nudity, while not necessarily producing converts, often changes this perception.

There are also people who are not actually offended themselves, but accede to the offense of their leaders (politicians, priests, etc.), so as not to offend. These same leaders may only take offense, so as to not offend their supporters! This may well be the situation of people on school boards receiving complaints against teachers.

The people who take offense are, of course, the ones who are most vocal. Although the Janet Jackson incident caused a large water cooler buzz, it would be interesting to know how many were offended, rather than just surprised or amused. Likewise, how many parents want to deprive their child of continuity of teaching so as to punish a teacher for flashing a breast at a private party - I assume no one has suggested the teacher is likely to do so in the classroom!

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

The Bead Artist formerly known as Revilo42

Stibw
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  02:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks irishred, I have been a member of this forum for quite some time, and enjoy reading comments and opinions of my fellow members. Just got around to start actively participate in these insteresting forums.

Bernie

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  04:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think you hit the nail on the head David. I imagine most people do not really care, but have to put up some type of front.

Kim =^.^=

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  1:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's also a common snobbery with regard to broadcast TV and radio. People who have no problem with sexual nudity onthe "premium" cable channels they watch, don't want the "riff raff" seeing an exposed breast (Strangely enough, nobody seems to have compained that the Jackson context was of stylized sexual assault, something which reasonably could affect a child watching).

This is comparable with the requirement that liquor and wines, must state their alcohol content whereas beer must not. I assume lawmakers - being whisky and wine drinkers themselves - believe they use the information to drink responsibly, whereas beer drinkers will just get the strongest beer so they can drunk quicker.

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  3:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Bead Man

nobody seems to have compained that the Jackson context was of stylized sexual assault, something which reasonably could affect a child watching.

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

David,

To this point, I must disagree. Perhaps in the media, or even the general population, that may be true. But here and in other forums, the big issue was the fact that the act simulated an assault. In that thread, I was rather loudly outspoken about that, as were many others of us. We nudists take strong exception to the body being sexualized in a vulgar way. It makes for bad press to have nudity to be portrayed in that way!

Randy

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  3:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Randy,

I should have said "Nobody outside these forums..."

My comment was on the general media comments, etc. Even those saying the nudity was harmless seem to have been deflected from the message by the presentation.

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  3:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No harm Dave, and no offense taken. I wasn't sure if you'd seen our reactions here.

Randy

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  7:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By suggesting that Janet Jacksons act was sexual aren't we supporting the view of all those textiles that nudity equals sex.If the same act was performed and the breast was covered,as she claims was supposed to happen,by a piece of sheer lace would there have been such an outcry.I think not.To me as a nudist it was just a breast,i honestly saw nothing sexual or stimulating about it.I found nothing offensive,and from down in this part of the world,frankly am surprised that many up there,including nudists,found it worthy of such criticism and attention.
It seemed to me that the thing that offended most people was not the act but the sight of a naked breast,and in my opinion,as a nudist,that is a worry.

Naturally KIWI

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  03:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
NUDEKIWI I think what most people were objecting to that it was performed during the most watched programe with the most exposure, rather than being confined to a late night cable programe.

Kim =^.^=

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  06:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed, the timing was bad. But that and the fact that it wasn't simple, harmless nudity, in my opinion. By the lyrics and the action, it was an indignity to, and depicted disrespect toward women. Nothing will ever change my position on that.

I think ladies should be treated better than an object. And I should think they would want to be treated better. Janet apparently doesn't. I think they should be almost worshipped. If that makes me old-fashioned, I'm glad for that. By the way, where the hell are the women who would appreciate that?

Randy

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  07:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Randy, your a real sweetheart!

I think a lot of the lyrics and songs are very demeaning of women, especially the rap videos on MTV, BETA, etc.

Kim =^.^=

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  11:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder if politicians would have had a more difficult task in increasing FCC censors' fines, etc. if instead of a "flashing" incident by a celebrity in a scene of at least symbolic violenct eroticism, the show had included topless professional dancers (dancing not stripping) as background to a romantic song.

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  2:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, interesting thought. I wonder too. At least then we'd have a good argument for tasteful nudity with the government.

Randy

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  3:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Randy,i agree women should be worshipped,they are the vessel of life.They are the ones that go through the pain of giving birth,we males only enjoy the pleasure of concieving life.They are also the ones who feed us as babies,usually with the part of their body that seems to have offended so many people on this occassion.I am neither condemning nor condoning this act,what i am saying is that the end result,being a naked breast and not the act itself is what appears to have offended people. However it occurs,a naked breast is just a naked breast and in my opinion dosen't warrant the sort of attention this or the incident with the teacher at the party got.Like i tried to state in my previous post if the breast had have been covered then i bet very little would have been said,but the act would have been the same.

Naturally KIWI

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  03:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think Randy is right, if nudity is done tastefully, then it would be more acceptable. It seems like everything the media portrays of nudity is something vulgar. Nudity is always equated with sex, it is never shown in a natural setting with ordinary people doing everyday things. Even the TV show "Mad Mad Mad House", portrays nudity as something out of the norm. I guess until society becomes more comfortable with nudity, it will have to remain on late night cable.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Man Arrested For Being Naked In Own Kitchen Topic Next Topic: New Zealand nudist jogger wins court case  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved