Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 431 ]  [ Total: 431 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism and The Law
 Nudism and The Law / Laws Concerning Nudists
 school teacher in trouble for flashing
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Man Arrested For Being Naked In Own Kitchen Topic Next Topic: New Zealand nudist jogger wins court case
Page: of 4

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  11:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,114770,00.html
In Stanford, Fl, a school teacher is suspended for flashing her breast at an at home Super Bowl party among friends. One of the friends took a photo of the flashing of the breast and has emailed the photo to the schools administration. The school teacher is being punished for something that happened outside the scope of her duties as a teacher, outside school property, and happened on private property among friends not students. First off, no one is a total saint away from work. If our employers knew everything about our private lives, someone will find something offensive but such behavior in our private life should not warrant punishment at our place of employment.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  2:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailordave

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,114770,00.html
In Stanford, Fl, a school teacher is suspended for flashing her breast at an at home Super Bowl party among friends. One of the friends took a photo of the flashing of the breast and has emailed the photo to the schools administration.

Boy, that's some friend! I'm sure I'd find something on that pal and mass-mail it to all the members of their church, family and anyone else who would be disgusted by it.

I'm not surprised that a school board would take such unfair action against someone for something in their private life. But maybe I should be. My niece and one of my nephews are teachers. They tell me that it's not their job to teach morality. In this society, teachers have no authority over their charges, and parents have no rights of authority over their children. The government can and does force the schools to teach the "facts" as they choose, with no regard to anyone's personal beliefs, while denying the Constitutional Right to expression of beliefs. Yet, they presume to tell teachers how to behave on their own time, in their own home. As far as I'm concerned, that is a perversion of the school board's authority.

Randy

papapalmesdixon
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  2:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Send papapalmesdixon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If she was among "friends," why was the picture sent to the school's administration? Sounds like she let down her guard in front of the wrong person.
I agree that it isn't the school system's business, but there are teachers on this board that have said they wouldn't want it widely known that they are social nudists.

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  3:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't help but think that this is illegal. In reading the article it says that she is on leave WITH PAY, which isn't always a bad thing. :) Still, I'd think the ACLU, NEA, and the school district union would be all over this one. I hope so!

Melissa

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  3:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

Do they still have those stupid "moral turpitude" clauses in teachers' contracts? I know back in the 50's they had clauses like that so a company could fire you if the boss felt you didn't have morals matching his. Which could mean anything the boss wanted. It's sort of like the disorderly conduct statutes, a nice catch-all the administration can use to get rid of a politically hot situation.

I hope that teacher gets rich suing that board for violating her right to privacy. She ought to have a whack at the friend too, IF, there is any truth to the newspaper story.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  3:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've never had a real teachers contract as I've only worked in private schools or charter schools. Next year, though, I'll be working in a district and will have a contract and a union. Someone who really loves me can then buy me a nudist bumper sticker.

Melissa

greg_ldssdc047
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  3:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Send greg_ldssdc047 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed the school board in support of Stacey.

randynkim
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  4:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we had similar situation occur in one of our local schools systems a few years back. a teacher was at a bike rally and flashed. a student got a copy of her picture and tried to use it to blackmail her for passing grades. the teacher took it to the board herself and the student was expelled.

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  5:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate reading about incidents like this. Someone not at work and in privacy of their home has an unguarded moment, someone (great friend in this case) takes a picture and circulates it, and others want to nail them.

irishred

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  7:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
first, it is an invasion of privacy.

second, with friends like that, who needs enemies?

third, i agree that whatever is done in the privacy of one's home is sncrosanct unless a capital crime.

finally, doesnt the school board have anything else to do.

jdr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  8:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the way I look at it, schools can no longer punish their students so they have to assert their power over their employees. If she knows who sent the picture I'm sure they are no longer friends, or probably shouldn't be. The school administrators are probably all perfect... just don't tell their friends.

Don

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  8:45:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I bet it was a camera phone! Dang those phones! I think the whole thing is an invasion of privacy and defamation of charecter. Now there will be parents who will want to pull thier kids out of her class, just because she is a Human. Sheeesh. I feel sorry for her and anyone who has to work under conditions like that.

I know as a state employee I can be let go if I bring bad publicity to the state or gov. or anything. Love to see them try and fire all the nudists in government

--------------------
Live Body Proud, Live Clothes Free

greg_ldssdc047
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  10:58:47 PM  Show Profile  Send greg_ldssdc047 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It wasn't a private home... but it was a private party at a bar/club that was rented for the evening.

I saw the photo with the breasts digitized out. It looks like there was a flash. I don't know if camera phones have flashes, but I doubt it.

Greg

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  03:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If she was at a party at a bar, then that can be considered lewd behavior. Even though I agree with the teacher, she should hsve known she is kept under a more watchful eye. The same thing would have happened had it had been a politian, or man of the cloth.

Kim =^.^=

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  05:39:19 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greg_ldssdc047

It wasn't a private home... but it was a private party at a bar/club that was rented for the evening.
Greg

Bar or club notwithstanding, it was a private affair, not a public one and not a school function.

Randy

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  05:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by papapalmesdixon

I agree that it isn't the school system's business, but there are teachers on this board that have said they wouldn't want it widely known that they are social nudists.

My guess, and I'm only speculating, is that those teachers worry about the same kind of narrow-mindedness from their own school boards and peers as well as possibly the same unfair treatment. Am I close teachers?

Randy

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Man Arrested For Being Naked In Own Kitchen Topic Next Topic: New Zealand nudist jogger wins court case  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved