Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 191 ]  [ Total: 191 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Whats the bravest thing you have done nude?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge
Page: of 34

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  10:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Calmnude,

Not candidate, but actual president.

Chic

whizzo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  11:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can think of two incidences. I was at Rooster Rock once and a guy with a bush plane landed on the river. I got into a conversation with him and he asked if I wanted a ride. So off we went up and down the Columbia both bck naked in a rickety old airplane. My one thought was if we had crashed somewhere the rescuers would have thought the wreck was so bad it had ripped our clothes off. The other time I was doing a commute from San Andreas to Petaluma during the hot summer along a two lane highway across the valley. I was driving an old VW bug and it was so hot I took my clothes off and was using a spray bottle on mist to keep me cool. Needless to say I traveled the speed limit especially going thru Lodi. I did this every week-end for a month or so with no mishaps.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  11:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Whizzo,

You are certainly a daring fellow.

chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  01:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Whizzo. Rooster Rock or **** rock was a cool place to go when I was there. I think your pretty lucky driving up and down the highway nude. Probably most people thought it was just a shirtless guy. Lucky you were'nt stopped by the police. Sounds like fun anyway.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  07:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whizzo, welcome to the forum.

irishred

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  12:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When driving nude, another hazard of being caught/seen is by people in a passing bus or truck. With their height advantage, it's very easy for all to see into your vehicle. And with the ever present cell phone, a quick call could be made to the authorities and you could find yourself being pulled over by the police.

So as daring and thrilling as it is, driving nude is no longer worth the gamble.

Chic

Edited by - chic on 02/28/2004 12:31:18 PM

whizzo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  12:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, at the time I did this was the late eighties, not many cell phones around. As a precaution I did have a pair of shorts on the floor, or sat on a towel that I could pull around me just in case. The nice thing about a VW was that it had a high door that you had to look way down to see. plus this highway was such that people whizzed pass you to get ahead and they didn't have time to look at you.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  05:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah thats true about the VW Bugs whizzo, people probably passed you like you were standing still.

Kim =^.^=

Bilby
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  12:49:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's heartening to know that many seasoned nudists here were as nervous as I was. I was a little surprised to learn that many nudists are just as nervous as non-nudists would be in a nude situation. Perhaps what makes you a nudist is that the desire to be nude is stronger than the initial embarrassment of being nude.

My first brave act was to strip off on a beach. There are no nude beaches close to me but I found a little cove where people rarely go and tried stripping off there. It was a lovely feeling, but I was constantly worried about being caught. Although a little later I did meet some other people who went nude there.

The next brave thing I did was to take some photos of myself and show a couple of friends. Not in a sleazy way mind you, I just wanted to find out if I looked ok in the nude. I was once offered a job modelling for an art group but I didn't too that. The idea of being nude in a room full of people was too nerve racking.

After wanting to for many years, I finally found the courage to go to a real nude beach. It took some finding and I was really nervous by the time I got there. This was on new years day so there were lots of people there. But my nerves went away after seeing all the people there being nude and thinking nothing of it. I was still clothed when I walked onto the beach and intended to find a spot before undressing. But it looked so relaxed, that I took my shirt off before I even settled down. When I found a spot to lay my towel, I took the rest of my clothes off and I was surprised how quickly I got used to it. After acclimatizing, I got up and went for a walk, totally nude for everyone to see and it was no big deal at all because everyone was the same. In fact, I felt far more comfortable being naked there that I would feel just taking my shirt off on a regular beach.

I guess the most recent brave thing I did was to upload my nude avatar here. As mentioned, I have shown photos to a couple of friends, but this is the first time I have posted one for all the world to see. I don't think I'll leave it up very long so enjoy (if that is the word) it while you can. I don't think I'll be using the photo albums feature though - I'm not that brave.

Edited by - Bilby on 03/20/2004 12:51:15 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  02:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Your avatar looks cool Bilby. Your right, I think everyone is up tight the first time they get nude, but after you you once adjust to the free feeling, its great!

Kim =^.^=

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  08:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Being socially nude for the first time does, indeed, take a lot of bravery. In fact, I still find it difficult to GET nude with others (ie. dress and undress) but I'm fine with BEING nude with others. But those first few times of being nude with others was hard.

Melissa

philzer
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  08:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bravery, of course, is all about not letting your fears control you. I doesn't mean you don't have fear (and a lack of fear is NOT healthy). We've got some pretty brave people on this forum, I'd say.

Philzer

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  09:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bilby, welcome and enjoy the forum.

irishred

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  10:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The bravest thing I ever did nude was act in the all nude stage play, "Barely Proper". I had never been on a stage in my life let alone acted.

I had been a member of my first nudist club for only about two months when the understudy to most of the male parts had to drop out. They asked me to sit in and learn the lines and assured me I would never have to actually be in the play before a live audience since the actors always showed up.

We performed the play directly for non-nudist audiences who drove down from Chicago. It was a way to educate and to raise money for the club.

Well the week after I agreed to do the understudy part, one of the main characters had to leave the club. I was petrified and muffed the one line I had but by golly I got it done. I appeared regularly after that and had a blast except I will never be an actor, can't stand the grease paint!!!!

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  10:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree vealj, that did take a lot of courage.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.09 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved