Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 168 ]  [ Total: 168 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Whats the bravest thing you have done nude?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge
Page: of 34

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  12:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Contratz Vealj. My first time on stage was bad enough with clothes on. I cant imagine doing it nude infront of a bunch of clothed people. Very cool.

Melissa, I ran into the same thing about disrobing infront of people. When I was majoring in photography (I have sold many pieces of work but decided that to support a family I needed a steady good income so became a computer guy to support my Theater and Photography habit :), I specialized in figure photography. I always made sure I either had a room or partition for my models to disrobe in/behind. I did't know why until I was to stand infront of the camera, then I wanted to be behind something to disrobe :)

After having done public disrobing now I am ok with doing it wherever :) It will get easier.

Now for the psychological reasonining I understand it has to do with removing social shields, as clothing is a shield to protect you from everyone else. When you are naked around others naked you are among peers. It is the transition that is awkward.

Also we probably worry about what our underwear might look like

--------------------
Live Body Proud, Live Clothes Free

nynudistcpl
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  1:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Send nynudistcpl a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think it was probably getting undressed on the beach at sandyhook for the first time. We got there and were right next to the lifeguard stand and there was a really pretty, young lifeguard who was obviously in her bathing suit. We got naked and it was a little scary at first.

I must admit that there is something more sexual about undressing in front of others, as opposed to already being nude. At least for us. That's probably why a doctor leaves the room when you get undressed and then comes back and has you remove you gown. Either way your are still nude.

NYnudistcpl

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  10:44:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nynudistcpl I think you are right. There is something sexual about dressing and undressing, its just apart of nature. I have noticed several others have made the same statement, especially women. You are more aware of it when you are dressing and undressing around other people.

Kim =^.^=

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2004 :  05:35:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thinking about the bravest thing I did without clothes on, the one that comes to mind involves sex. Won't give details on the sex but lets just say that she and I had no clothes on while standing against the side wall of a police station at night. I used to be a "wild and crazy guy" <shaking hips in bad Steve Martin immitation>. By the way, my boot camp company commander was closely related to Steve Martin. Petty Officer Martin looked like a musclar Steve Martin. Humor must run in the family but we were too scared to laugh.

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2004 :  11:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bravest thing I've done nude, other than going to a nude beach for the first time, was going in late December when it was 55 degrees. Definitely got my attention. I'm sure other folks have bared in colder weather, but 55 is about my limit.

-- sea foam

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  03:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am not even going to ask what you were doing standing up naked against the side of a police station sailordave!

Kim =^.^=

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  04:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had you been caught, you could have listed the *second* bravest thing you've done nude as making that one phone call in the buff....

Yikes!

sea foam

...nothing is known, per se; all is a matter of faith...

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  03:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LMAO! sea foam I agree. Then when your parents or wife or whom ever comes to pick you up, a lot of tall explaining to do!

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  4:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nynudistcpl

I think it was probably getting undressed on the beach at sandyhook for the first time. We got there and were right next to the lifeguard stand and there was a really pretty, young lifeguard who was obviously in her bathing suit. We got naked and it was a little scary at first.

I must admit that there is something more sexual about undressing in front of others, as opposed to already being nude. At least for us. That's probably why a doctor leaves the room when you get undressed and then comes back and has you remove you gown. Either way your are still nude.

NYnudistcpl

Nynudistcpl,

I agree with your comment about undressing in front of others rather than already being naked is a bit overwhealming.

Chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  03:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It is Chic when your just starting, and it seems like all of a sudden you have an audiance.

Kim =^.^=

Edited by - Kimberly on 03/25/2004 03:45:20 AM

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  4:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Kim,

That's it ! The audience....after a while you learn to ignore them.

Chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  04:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Chic;

Its a little embarrassing at first for a woman, or somebody new, but your right, after a while you get used to it and ignore them.

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  4:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Kim,

As you said, the hardest thing is to get started.

Chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  10:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Chic;

What wa that that Bilbo Baggins said? "The journey begins with the first step?"

Kim =^.^=

Bilby
Forum Member

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  11:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to say that I've never found the act of undressing embarrassing if I'm intending to be nude.
Of course, being the first one to undress would be something very different.

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved