Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 215 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Whats the bravest thing you have done nude?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge
Page: of 34

skip

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  01:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't specifically know the laws where I live in the Northwest US, but it sounds similar. Obviously I can't walk around nude in broad daylight in the sight of others, but do in my fenced backyard - at least at the moment. Condos have been built to one side but are unoccupied to date. When that changes, I will not have the whole yard available.

As is the case anywhere, I think a lot depends on the attitudes of others around you. I have neighbors on the other side who have seen me multiple times naked in my backyard and just don't care, so that's way cool to me. One time I was suprised to see him get out of his hot tub naked. I think it also depends what you are doing when you are nude and some things - sunbathing or hot tubbing - are more accepted. It's sure a good start.

I used to live in the deep south where the attitude about nudity seems more laid back - probably because of the heat - than maybe some other places.

Anyway - thanks for the responce and many happy nude times to you!

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  02:25:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, at my home in florida, i was naked ALL the time in the backyard. it was a private yard, with the exception of in the back corner where the gate was. it was just a standard chain link fence, but i had hedges all the way around. well, at the gate, there was obviously no hedges. i was seen a number of times back there, but nobody ever said anything. there were some spots in my bushes that were a bit scarce, and my neighbors saw me a bunch of times, but never cared.
depends on where you live, you may be able to just google the laws of the state. that's how i found the canadian law.

smoothcrunch
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  6:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A number of things, really.

Coming downstairs to a christmas party naked when I was 13 after a petty argument with my parents. They thought I was bluffing when I said I wasn't wearing clothes that night. Although most of my parents knew we were nudists, it wasn't "one of those parties". There were about 25 fully clothed people there including my grand-parents and the young lad from next door who didn't know where to look. I was really scared when I first came down (body still "blossoming" at the time, so I was very self-conscious) but everyone was polite and I got really comfortable towards the end, chatting away with anyone who wanted to listen. Highlight was giving gran and grandad a kiss and naked cuddle as they left.

Dancing naked in the mud to Fun Lovin' Criminals at Glastonbury. Plenty of topless girls, but only my old goth mate, Mel, and me shed our pants. Never forget the sight of Mel's lovely voluptuous bum wobbling and her big titties bouncing to the music.

Last year in Zakinthos, Greece. Hot, and not able to sleep, I went for a midnight stroll down the beach. I shed my clothes and in the dark nearly fell over a couple making love on a sunbed. Had to lie low until they had finished.

Enough to be going on with?

Naked when I can

bqdude1
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  5:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not know if this really counts, but last week a lady friend of mine that I have known for over 30 years had a surprise 74th birthday party. We were at a local bar where everyone knows each other and most everyone there know that I am a nudist. I asked the owner is a strip tease would be permitted and her answer was that no one had any objections. I had bought some Speedo type undergarments/swimsuits with me so one of my other lady friends and I when out to the car to select my costume.

I kind of got weak kneed at that point. One of the briefs that I had was very sheer. She selected that one. I opted not to use that one. We did select a couple of other ones. One was black and very sheer, but the front has a modesty panel.

I changed into the outfits in the restroom and got some help with the jute box selecting a song. We positioned a chair next to the dance floor for the guest of honor. When the song started (She's a Brick ---- House – go to http://www.poemhunter.com/song/brick-house/ for more information) I asked the guest of honor to come with me and we moved toward the dance floor. She thought that we were going to dance. As soon as I asked her to be seated, she knew what was going on.

The place was erupting. The guest of honor turned red. I started removing articles of clothing. Women were shoving dollar bills in my waists band. Cell phone cameras were flashing. Unknowned to everyone was that I had 2 Speedos on. One that was floral and colorful and the other one that was revealing with the modesty panel in the front.

I was down to the floral Speedo and was dancing a while and I put my thumbs in the waist band and as the old quote goes "The crowd went wild." I removed the first Speedo. The guest of honor covered her eyes for a brief moment and then more cell phone pictures.

The song soon ended and I picked up my cloths and the money (I made enough to pay my bar bill). Off to the restroom to get dressed. When I emerged from the restroom I got a standing ovation. I have never done anything like this before. It was a real rush. I do not regret that I did not go "All the way". Maybe next time.

Here is the other strange part. Now almost wherever I go with some friends everyone has heard from someone about the surprise. I have not had any bad comments from anyone. I have had guy friends state something like "I do not know how you got the courage to do that." I guess that now that the cat is out of the bag it will not be as big of a surprise if there is a next time.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  11:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bqdude, I hate to tell you this(but it's what you did think and write in the first part - you are right)... a striptease may have been brave but it is not nudism.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  12:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have to disagree. first off, the title of this thread is "Whats the bravest thing you have done nude?", not "what's the bravest thing you have done as a nudist". now, while bqdude didn't get completely naked, he was just saying that his friends know that he is a nudist, so they thought he would be comfortable getting naked for the woman on her birthday.

plus i, for one, am tired of that "purist" mentality towards nudism. it's 2008 people. things change. definitions change. people have different opinions. what is a democrat? if i am a democrat (i'm not btw, i'm an independent) and you are a democrat, does that mean we think and act exactly alike and have the same opinions? no, it doesn't. same with nudism. i have an exhibitionist side to me. but at the same time, i LOVE to be naked all the time. am i still a nudist? in my eyes, yes, yes it does. does it make me a nudist in everybody's eyes? no, it probably doesn't. that doesn't mean i'm not.

Bor3dnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  01:12:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bor3dnudist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bravest thing I have done is gone nude at work.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  09:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Willy, The purist mentality, as you call it, has kept nudist venues open in South Carolina. If nudists in SC were less than G-rated, we would have lost our nudist venues these past few years.

If you're known as a nudist and do something brave (or dumb), you put nudism in a poor view. Before we all act, we really need to think about the impact it might have.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

need2bebigger

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  10:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Send need2bebigger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
wow!!! those are some interesting topics. I don't even know if i could do it a resort yet. I'm not too sure on the whole thing. I do like being nude at home...when just my wife around. but not sure if i can take it any further.

one thing i did agree w/ was the strip tease..not being a nudist.

Any tips on how to help me feel more comfortable nude...

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  11:40:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Need,
Just enjoy what you are doing. Add a few everyday things you can do nude when you get the chance.

When your wife joins in make sure you show her it's not about sex. I know that's hard to do at first but it'll payoff later, trust me.

Think of taking Baby Steps, slow and steady.

Diger

bqdude1
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  3:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

If you're known as a nudist and do something brave (or dumb), you put nudism in a poor view. Before we all act, we really need to think about the impact it might have.
Cheri

I am new to this and I hit the send key by accident.

Cheri,

I agree with what you are saying about the strip tease not being nude. In Texas the Texas Liquor Control Board (TLCB) has the rule that you can not have a Liquor License if you have total nudity. The TLCB makes unannounced visits to clubs with License. Should I have gone all the way and the TLCB walked in the club's license could have been pulled or at the very least a fine.

I just thought that this was an interesting story and it did not look like it would fit any where else. Maybe I could have put it in the Bucket List as something that I could cross off of my personal list.

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  11:11:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've posted on this topic before about real life situations.

But I got to thinking recently about my many years, actually adult lifetime, as a mainly private nudist with rare public or social venues. Only a few family members and friends have come to know this in the last several years.

Perhaps the bravest thing I've done 'nude' was becoming a member of this website and submitting totally nude photos for the avatar and profile.

I was apprehensive making this leap to such public 'exposure'. Doing so amongst other nudists, and those interested in nudity if not actually social nudists, was a great advance for me. Enjoyable it has been reading, as well as contributing to, numerous forum topics, and seeing others at ease (I assume) with their own nude avatars.

Maybe it was bold and brave initially, but quickly it became comfortable. Hence, I'd forgotten just how it had initially seemed to me almost two years ago..........

'NUDE when able, covered when necessary'

Edited by - smoothNtanned on 10/09/2008 1:01:47 PM

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  6:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well smooth, one step at a time.

Freckles
Forum Member

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  7:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was 25, a few month after meeting my husband to be. We went to stay over with his parents and it was the first time that I had met them. He was used to going naked round their house and although he told me they we not generally nude around the house themselves, they were happy about it. I had started going to CO beaches with Bob and was just about comfortable about that, but had warned him I would probably not be up to being nude in front of his parents.

We arrived late on the first night and he stayed clothed as we had a few drinks and chatted before going to bed. I felt fairly at ease with them.

Next morning, I woke up as Bob was getting up, and he went downstairs naked. He said he would see me for breakfast in a minute (fully expecting me to get dressed).

I decided to show some support for him and decided to go downstairs unclad. My heart was in my mouth as I walked in the door to the sun-filled kitchen and said my hellos. They we both very charming, telling me how beautiful I was. Bob's dad was already dressed and left for work shortly after. His mum was in a dressing gown. As soon as her husband was gone, she stated that she felt overdressed and took off the dressing gown to reveal her fetching shorty nightie. After sitting and chatting for 10 minutes, she said "what the hell" and the nightie came off to reveal her plump, curvy body.

I felt quite comfortable being naked in front of Bob's parents after that, and they are still happy for me and the kids to be naked around them. They do still sometimes strip off to go in the pool when they come out to visit us

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  3:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's cool freckles. my wife says that her parents most likely wouldn't mind if i walked naked in front of them, since they are french and have more relaxed attitudes towards that, but i just can't do it. she has no proof that they wouldn't mind, only "thinks" they won't mind. and since she's never gone naked in front of them, nor does she know of anyone who has, i keep clothed when they are around (which isn't much, i haven't seen either of them in over 5 years).

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.45 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved