Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 148 ]  [ Total: 148 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 Nudism Bashing - is it confusion or malice?
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How to promote nudism? Topic Next Topic: How to  explain that nudity isnt always sexual
Page: of 2

skinnydipper
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  9:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I eschew words like "textile"... think of people as either being open-minded or close-minded. Many of the closed minds are woefully repressed. Probably not their own fault. A lot of this comes from upbringing & religious instruction. Opening a closed mind is not easy. Takes an inquiring mind. That notwithstanding, there will always be at least a dashed line in the USA between nudity and sex, since the pervasive repression of social nudity leaves occurrences of nudity as perceived to be part of or prelude to sex. Most movies with nude scenes associate them with sex. Gentlemen's clubs with nude dancers reinforce the linkage. So in minds of most Americans, these two words become welded together. But times are changing. Nude recreation is growing more popular, and eventually the stigma will fade, just as it already has towards divorce and unwed mothers. However, I doubt the USA will ever be as liberal about nudity as Europe, where it's common on beaches and TV -- so common that it's no longer a big deal.

Grin & bare it ;)

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  04:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you skinnydipper, it amazed me the first time I saw full frontal nudity on TV in Europe, and people causually sun bathing nude in the parks. It will probably never take hold here like it has in Europe, just a different way of thinking between Europe and North America.

Kim =^.^=

NakedAmbition
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  12:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's important to do when responding to an article like the one reproduced at the start of this thread is to not come off as someone from Mars or like some alternate species of human who is above the normal drives we all have. Here's what I'd say: A male teen will of course get a small spring in his step and a smile on his face when anticipating going to a nudist event where nude teen girls will be present. Nudists aren't asexual extremists who don't notice the physical beauty around them. But you'll be surprised about how quickly such feelings become secondary to just enjoying wholesome nudist activity. Nudist events are less sexually charged than many non-nudist events because of the lack of sexy, busy-enhancing bathing suits, thongs, etc., encouraging one to take in a person's whole body not just certain parts. Yes, the boys will look (as will the girls at the handsome teen boys) but nudism encourages more of a healthy admiration than lustful leering. And so on.

In other words, when you talk about how nudism isn't about sex, lean more towards the idea that nudism isn't about sexual activity, and less about what's going on in people's minds. Because young nudists WILL think about sex, at least a little, but for the reasons stated above such thoughts will likely remain under control and subordinate to the non-sexual pleasures of nudism. Remember, when you respond to critics, tell them things they will actually believe!

Mnstnz
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  12:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Mnstnz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I read every day the arguements about nudism and sexualliy. People against nudism claim they want to protect the children and that somehow being nude will cause some kind of harm to them. People who promote nudism in its true form argue how that nudism is a healthly way of living. (Something I also beleive). But no one ever gives staistics to support their ideas, especially those against nudism. It seems to me that since the "majority" of people are against nudism, then why are the majority of harmful things done by non-nudists? (per-capita that is). For me it seems safer to keep my child away from congressmen, and priests. (Just an example. I know there are many good people in both areas)
Until people learn that how we behave, clothed or not, is what makes us what we are, the debate will continue.
People use clothing to mask flaws, both physical and mental. It is something to hide behind for many reasons, not just protection from the elements. For some no matter how good the reasoning my be they will never accept anything other than their side of things.
I am sorry I have rambeled on again. Please forgive.
Dan

Peace and Long life to all

imnude2
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  10:27:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mnstnz:

Your comment...

"For me it seems safer to keep my child away from congressmen, and priests."

Stereotyping is the problem.

asmodee
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  11:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, I am so glad this post got dredged up! I LOVE responding to statements made by morons!

First of all, I would like to point out the if you read the whole thing, you would see that the writer heralds Mark Foley as a champion of child protection. I don't know anything about what's going on in the world around me and even I know what has become of Mark Foley. It's no wonder that man has thought long and hard about camps full of nude teens and it has nothing to do with protecting them, unless he wanted to protect them from people like himself.

Next, you will note that there is not a single point made in that article that was not a "what if" point. "What if the teenage boys had bad ideas; what if sex and nudity are the same thing; what if the reason the teenage boys wanted to go there just to be with nude teenage girls." It is a testament to a monumental ignorance of the subject matter the writer is writing about. Every point about what could go wrong was an assumption of the worst. That says something about the writer. If there is a thief among you, watch for the person who most closely guards their possessions because thieves are usually the most worried about theft. The fact that this man, with no evidence whatsoever, is so terribly worried about what could happen to a camp full of nudist teens, with particular interest for the wellbeing of the girls says a lot about the true nature of the writer, just like Foley's interest in protecting children was eventually revealed for what it really was.

Don't get me wrong. I do not believe that everyone who calls for the protection of children, especially nudist children, has hidden, dark intentions. As a father, the protection of my own children is top on my list. But there are obvious signs when something is wrong. This man had a perception of danger to nudist teenage girls, but no perception of danger to nudist teenage boys. In fact, in his testament to his ignorance, the teenage boys were one of the perceived dangers. Other than the boys, however, no example was given in exactly what way it could be dangerous. This is a walk through a dark mind. This man thinks of a nudist camp for teens and sees imminent danger to the girls while ignoring the boys altogether except to say that they may be a danger to the girls. The article mentions and quotes two girls, but boys are an afterthought. The article says things about girls such as suggesting they, "prance around", "romp in the fields" and "dance in the meadows." There is no mention of boys prancing, romping or dancing, which sounds more like a Wiccan ceremony than nudist activities to me. This suggests that this man is drawing, not on actual knowledge, statistics or stories, but his own dark thoughts and desires to visualize what dangers may lurk. Not once does he mention a danger to the boys, but he is very adamant about the danger to the girls, even from the camp directors who are '"watching" their every move'. I am not a psychologist, but I am usually very good at reading people. Based on an admittedly amateur psychological evaluation, I would say this man may have an unnatural attraction to teenage girls which shames and excites him at the same time. Just like Mark Foley fought to close down teen nudist camps to protect the teens and, at the same time, was trying to set up sexual meetings with teenage boys, this man may be paying penance with this article for the skeletons in his own closet.

I would like to point out that I am not accusing this man of anything. This is simply a "what if" scenario, just like the entire article I am posting about. I welcome comments from anyone with a degree in psychology.

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  11:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And now you will find that his website is no longer functional. If you click on the link in the article, you see a message that the page is not available - and asking the website owner to call the service. Think he forgot to pay his bill?

Looks like another scam-of-the-week that found a button that would get the public to send in the bux.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: How to promote nudism? Topic Next Topic: How to  explain that nudity isnt always sexual  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.96 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved