Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 173 ]  [ Total: 173 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 How to explain that nudity isn't always sexual
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nudism Bashing - is it confusion or malice? Topic Next Topic: Naturally Mag-FreeSubscription College stus &Profs  

S-BOP

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  3:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Send S-BOP a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I Haven't seen a post about this (unless I completely missed it).

I just recently discovered the comfort of in home nudity. My wife isn't willing to give it much of a chance herself. She views nudity as a purely sexual thing, and thinks I have nothing but sex on the brain.

I've tried to explain to her that it's not sexual, I simply find it more comfortable. I've suggested she give it a try some evening while watching TV, or a movie. or simply sleep nude. If she dosen't want to, I'm completely respectful of that. no pressure. I just figured she would understand the comfort of it by being nude herself, starting with short periods of time, and working up from there.

My problem is how to help her understand that nudity is not always sexual, and that just because I enjoy being and am comfortable being nude, it dosen't mean I'm "horny" all the time.

any Ideas?

S-Bop

Edited by - Moderator on 04/10/2007 8:01:00 PM

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  08:08:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had this situation when I started sleeping naked years ago...

Soon, she realized that my motivation was not sex. Now if she would only join me.... I will give her credit, she has come a long way.

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  12:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am in the same situation. I am a home nudist and nude every chance I get. I started sleeping in the nude about a year or so ago. My wife also thought it had somthing to do with sex. So one nite I asked her to try it and she did and found out the motivation wasn't there. She hasn't done it lately because she gets to cold at nite even with plenty of covers. Now if she would join me, so we can both enjoy being clothes free. I guess I'll see what happens and go from there.
Love to be nude
Tom

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  4:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe offer your wife a compromise. Ask her the next time she steps out of a shower to not rush to get dressed in exchange for something she'd really like. Promise her that it won't be a sexual event. See what happens. Marriage/relationships are all about compromise.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

bk-yd-nude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  9:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't give up and don't pressure. I slept nude next to my wife for about 6 months, then one night she complained about her pj's wrapping around her legs, I susgested she take them off... she hasn't worn them since. Now she is suggesting new areas for nudity. She bought an oversized tee shirt (Atlanta Braves of course) to wear in the evenings with nothing on under it. She has almost entirely stopped wearing underwear and makes inuendos and cute type comments about my being totally naked under my clothes. (Thanks to the tee shirt on the AANR site) We are starting all over again after 37 years of marriage and loving it.

Cheri has good advice also, as usual... Cheri you have been very helpful with advice you've given me in the short time I've been on this and the aanr message boards, so S-Bop, I recommend you try Cheri's way and see how it works for you.

bk-yd-nude

S-BOP

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  09:09:11 AM  Show Profile  Send S-BOP a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well it's good to see I'm not the only one who has experienced this, and that it can be overcome. Thanks Cheri and Bk-Yd for the advice. Being newly married, and newly nude, There are a lot of compromises. My hope is that she will join me in experiencing this great lifestyle. Afterall, we have the rest of our lives to get there.

This is why I joined this board. Most everyone I've seen here is kind, and quick to lend helpful advice to the likes of newbies, like myself. Thanks!

S-Bop

Previous Topic: Nudism Bashing - is it confusion or malice? Topic Next Topic: Naturally Mag-FreeSubscription College stus &Profs  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved