Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 203 ]  [ Total: 203 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 Nudism Bashing - is it confusion or malice?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How to promote nudism? Topic Next Topic: How to  explain that nudity isnt always sexual
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  5:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Are these nudism bashers confused, or just plain malicious? Read through and see how they paint a fearful picture with skillful innuendo. Count them, and see how many totally wrong ideas these writers are openly promoting about the nudism lifestyle.

From usanewsandviews.com
Nude Camping; it’s not just for adults anymore

“It makes me a bit freaked out that people would think of nudity as a sexual thing,” said Michelle Jones, a 15 year old nudist from Texas. Michelle is among a number of girls and boys, ages 11 through 18 who are happy little campers at one of America’s nudist camps for kids. According to the New York Times article entitled, “Old Enough to Make a Lanyard, and to Do It Nude,” children running around nude playing volleyball, pudding toss, mini-golf and a campfire sing-along, is like any other “family-like environment.”

The Times points out that parents who enroll their pre-teen and teen age kids to the nation’s growing number of nudist camps geared for that age group aren’t very concerned about it and in fact find it a wholesome and safe environment. Actually, according to the Times, “‘The Nudist Association, the larger of two nationwide, sees this as a place to train ‘youth ambassadors’ to what nudists call the ‘textile’ world.”’ Apparently, there is a movement to convert or at least desensitize us all to nudity. Perhaps they even want us all to be so desensitized that we also stop seeing the connection between nudity and sex.

So just how long do you have to be nude to start believing that being clothed is what brings out a person’s sexuality? Not to be glib, but if the kids who are enrolled in nudist camps and the parents that send them see no connection, perhaps not liking clothes is just a symptom of a far greater difficulty.

While most people would like to believe they have something special about them, something unique that places them far away from the maddening crowd; the nudists seem to be the maddening crowd.

The Times article explains that up to just recently, preteens and teens had no place to express their abhorrence for clothing, at least not in groups and out in the open. Not anymore though, Haile who was named “camper of the day” because she braved a bee sting on her foot can now say, “I've spent my life around nudist resorts; this is the first time I've ever been around kids my own age.” It has to warm the cockles of your heart to know that young teenage girls, especially brave ones can now romp in the fields and dance in the meadows with others her own age, boys included, nude and free from any heretofore human realizations or understanding of why that is not a good idea.

It seems the nudists view themselves as “progressives” in a prehistoric, pre-civilization kind of way. You see, people were not confined or controlled by the “textile” industry tens of thousands of years ago. They were free to frolic with the mammoths and giant sloths, never having to worry about catching their cuffs on a tusk or fang. Though, they probably had other things to worry about.

The bottom line is that there are large numbers of people who have children that think nothing of placing those kids in summer camps so that the kids can parade around sans textiles, with other teens. Not being a prude by nature, it is especially difficult understanding why these nudists are incapable of seeing the accident just waiting to happen.

In fact, why is it that the attorney generals or state legislatures are oblivious to the potential and very real distorting of the mindsets of these young people by their mothers and fathers who apparently don’t have the parenting skills of ally cats? Though, Congressman Mark Foley of Florida is an exception and is in the process of trying to stop the insanity of a clothes free camp for teens.

More importantly, this doesn’t have to be a question of morality, but rather of child safety and child endangerment. What parent of a preteen girl would like to see their child prancing around nude in the woods or bouncing around a volleyball court with a bunch of teenage boys who are also so attired? The folks from the skin-only side of the playing field would like you to believe that because they hate clothing, they are above human impulses and desires. It may be possible that some are in actuality quite to the contrary of their ranting, and now seem to be bringing children into their world and throwing that fact into everyone else’s face.

Not being a libertarian, the notion of allowing people to be who they want to be without governmental interference or even private interference, so long as they are not hurting anyone, is still usually a good one. However, in these circumstances, where children are involved, someone else is getting hurt and it should be stopped.

While some of the teens involved may find it not harmful, even wholesome to be running around nude with other teens and supervised by adults, “watching” their every move; it is not. If anything, the fact that a group of teenage boys think the idea of a camp full of nude teenage girls is where they want to spend their summer vacation, only adds to the reasons why it is not a good idea.

----------------------

Paul Walfield is a freelance writer and an attorney with an undergraduate degree in Psychology and post-graduate study in behavioral and analytical psychology. He resided for a number of years in the small town of Houlton, Maine and is now practicing law and writing political commentary. Paul has his own website at www.usanewsandviews.com.

Paul can be contacted at paul.walfield@usanewsandviews.com

©2003 Paul Walfield All Rights Reserved

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  8:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man does this guy have the wrong idea!

Just me, Willy

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  9:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is very interesting that someone with so many degrees cannot provide any empirical evidence to support his argument.

no quotes on a higher incidence of teen pregnancy, stds, crime, poor performance in school, lack of self-esteem, in any comparative way with textile children.

on the contrary, young men and women see each other as they are in an everyday setting. and they get past the "what does he/she look like" part and start finding out what kind of people they are.

bathing costumes did not exist until a century or so ago, so it is not a prehistoric notion.

this is both misguided and mean-spirited. the condescending sarcasm is definitely not that of a true academic. it is the misuse of degrees after ones name to insist one knows more than someone else, without it necessarily being true.

the man is wrong, and i feel sorry for him.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  10:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The author of this article also apparently takes in the money. This is from the contact page: http://www.usanewsandviews.com./Contact%20Information.htm

... make your check payable to: USA News and Views, and mail to:

USA News and Views
ATT: Paul Walfield
30100 Crown Valley Parkway
Suite 11J
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

---

Mr. Walfield is just another money grubber trying to sucker the true conservative who is unhappy with the lack of respect and responsibility in the world.

In fact, Mr. Walfield's irresponsible article shows he and his kind have nothing to do with real conservative thinking but are rather leaches. He doles out huge globs of pretensions along with his pompous writing style in a vein effort to mimic people like Buckley and Will as he parades around without a shred of respect for the truth.

If you follow the links, you will notice the real content from William F. Buckley and other conservative thinkers is on their own site, not his. He links to these other sites that he has absolutely nothing to do with. He pretends his web site is serving conservative interests, but you can see for yourself the man is unabashedly attempting to grub money from the hard work of real conservatives.

It should come as no surprise Mr. Walfield is all too eager to lambaste anyone who doesn't agree with his bombast position-d-jour if he hopes he can upset someone enough to cough up a few bucks to support his sorry excuse for real caring.

Stuffed Tiger

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  02:41:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Calmnude and StuffedTiger I cannot agree with you more. Those are my feelings exactly. The guy is out to make a buck, and he trying to use big names to to justify his cause.

Kim =^.^=

spadoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  03:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While this poor misguided soul has every right to his opinion, an opinion shared I might add by many uninformed or misinformed about this lifestyle, trying to convince someone like of his abysmal ignorance reminds me of the adage: Never try to teach a pig to whistle, it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  04:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Malice, my friends, that's what I believe it is.

My first response to the non-sensical ravings of this cretin Paul Walfield, was going to be one of my credos:
A closed mind is a simple mind.

However, having read some of these thoughtful and insightful responses I must say, he's not simple, but rather a clever and sneaky liar.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/21/2004 04:56:21 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  05:03:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Your right Randy, and the bad thing is, people are going to believe him because he has quoted some reliable resources.

Kim =^.^=

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  05:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If not reliable, at least respected sources. And he has credentials which look impressive on the surface, such as being an attorney.

Randy

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  06:33:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hate to say it, but I think this guy actually believes he is right and a few months ago I would have agreed with him heartily. If you don't truly understand that nudism is not a sexual thing, and if you've never experienced this, you worry about what our teens would be doing at a nudist camp. I'm sorry to say, his arguments made sense to me to some degree because I shared them so short a time ago. The problem is people just don't understand what nudism really is and they feel like they need to protect kids from it. Perhaps this guy really is well-meaning, just uninformed about the truths of nudism. If he spent a day at a nudist resort he'd probably see things differently.

Melissa

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  07:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
melisssa, i dont really know if he would see anything differently. he might be one of those people who would look for things to justify his position, as small and insignificant as they might be to the whole picture.

to comment, yes this man appears to be a "conservative for cash".

and he would probably be a " (fill in the blank) for cash" if it paid better.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  08:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe he would take and post a rebuttal from someone on this site. You would get his true intent if the rebuttal were not posted. The site, however is, "USA NEWS AND VIEWS" and many of us here are in the USA.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  11:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think your right about that Calmnude. Some people have their minds made up with out even looking at the otherside. I had the same fight with people over the Harry Potter books. This woman was criticizing me because I let my kids read the "Harry Potter" books. She said the books were evil because they taught kids about witchcraft. I asked her if she had read them and she said no. I told her I had and read them with my kids and found the fun and entertaining. She just left hasn't talk to me since.

Kim =^.^=

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  8:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The big difference between most "textiles" and most "nudists" is that most of us know what it is like to wear clothes or go nude.Most textiles don't have the same experience so their ideas and opinions are formed in ignorance,which as i have stated in other threads is the cause of misunderstanding,prejudice and even,in extreme cases,fear.
This persons blurb is only a result of this ignorance,most textiles can't seperate nudity and sex,how can they when it is used continuously to sell products and movies,and so can't understand how people can go around naked without getting the urge to jump on top of each other in one big orgy....misunderstanding.
Another thing they keep complaining about is our attempt to make the naked human form more acceptable,well whats wrong with that,we all have a naked body,most of us live with someone that has a naked body,hell i have friends that have naked bodies,why should we be afraid of them,what harm does a naked body do.
Education + exposure = understanding + acceptance.
Sorry about the long post,but this is a subject i am VERY passionate about.

Naturally KIWI

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  10:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and kimberly, some people just have no sense of fun or a sense of humor and playfulness in their lives. yuk.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  10:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think they already have it in their minds that nudity is wrong and they do not want to hear anybody elses opinion.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: How to promote nudism? Topic Next Topic: How to  explain that nudity isnt always sexual  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved