Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 175 ]  [ Total: 175 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Etiquette and Grooming for the Nudist
 Pubic Hair Style - design, grooming, and trimming
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Newbie
Page: of 43

njmike

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  03:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think shaving of pubic hair really just comes down to what your comfortable with. No one seems to mind if a person is shaved or not.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  8:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coveresid:

We had a great two weeks in Southern Calif. The weather could not have been better. I suppose anything is betther than the cool rainy weather that we had experienced here in the Northeast.

I hope that this is within the topic subject, but upon arriving at the "left coast" Mrs Cookie and I both having a "full bush" area, slowly went to a "triangle", to a "landing strip", to a small patch, to be "comp. smooth".

I guess we will have to pay up to our friends, who said we would come back "smooth"!

We both enjoy the feel, and we are shaving every AM.

I guess we will stay smooth for the Summer, but we will let it grow back after Labor Day.

As long as everyone is happy, that is what counts.

Just remember, We are here not for a long time, so let's have a good time!

Cookie

davidandcathy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  2:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
david is fully shaved in his pubic area and does so for the comfort and tanning. plus, i must say I enjoy the look as well.
cathy is trimmed and prefers this style.
It really is a personal preferance.
david & cathy

simplelife
Forum Member

Posted - 06/17/2007 :  9:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing that attracts me to nudism is the simplicity it allows - I can do whatever's comfortable and be completely free of complicated grooming routines.

That said though, I naturally have a very full bush which is just not comfortable and does not feel clean, especially in summer.
I shaved for years (with various configurations over the years - completely smoooth, landing strip, classic V, shapes) but hated the resulting irritation, itching, and ingrown hairs (yes, I have tried all various methods and products). I tried dipilitories with disastrous results, and won't try waxing (I have enopugh irritation when waxing my face - certainly don't want to try a more sensitive area). The good news is I've finally hit on a solution - The Remington Electric Bikini Trimmer. Just a few minutes a week and I am clean and comfortable. I trim on the closest setting over the entire pubic area and the result is "almost bare" (Actually looks bare unless you are looking very closely - the first time I did it my husband first thought I was completely shaved when he saw me naked across the room), but because there is an ever-so-short stubble, there's no irritation or regrowth itching. I highly recommend the Remington Bikini Trimmer. A few suggestions: 1) Experiment with the different closeness levels - You might want to try a longer length first to see how your skin reacts. 2)The skin must be completely dry to use the trimmer, I find it helps to prep the skin with a little powder (I use Gold Bond Baby Powder - Corn starch based) 3) You can get one at drug or discount stores, but I got mine new-in-package from e-bay for $7.99.

BTW, my husband is completely natural with all his body hair - that is how he is comfortable and so that is how I want him to be.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  3:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SimpleLife:

Thanks for the info, and I will head to CVS and look for this Remington. Since we are staying smooth for the Summer, this sounds like a great idea.

Cookie

scotsman2272

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  8:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im a 35 year old single male and feel times have changed a lot in the last 20 years , to the extent that a large percentage of men are concerned about personal grooming and Im no different..

The first time I started shaving my face was when I was about 14..
Soon after that I shaved my legs and pubic area while school was closed for holiday..
Thankfully the hair had all grown back by the time the 7 weeks holiday was finished or I'd have been subjected to ridicule by fellow pupils..
I can't remember any guys trimming back then but maybe the availability of products since my school days has made the difference..

Thinking back I really liked the smooth feeling and considered the hair as something of a hinderance.
I started trimming it in my early 20's and have done so ever since and just accepted the regrowing hair would always be a part of me..
That was untill last winter when I decided to shave my pubic area every 2 or 3 days , and this has since escalated in the last month to the point where I have removed virtually all my body hair except for face and head.
It may become an obsession for me to stay completely smooth but I will weigh up the amount of effort I put into it , against the results , before deciding for sure..

After putting up with months of razor burns and rashes I decided to look to alternatives..
I bought a box of 20 ready-to-use wax strips and a small £30 electrolysis device..

When I got the items home I immediately started using the wax strips and boy did it hurt like hell..
The hairs were around half inch length at most , and I carried on untill I had removed all the hair (front and back) from my belly button to (and including) my genital area..
It drew blood a couple of times and there was also a small amount of bruising but I figured it would be worth it in the end..
Within a week some very small hairs started re-appearing and thats when I started doing the electrolysis..
I have done it virtually everyday for 30 minutes at a time , switching the contact pads to the various parts of the body..
3 weeks on and there is only about a third of the amount of hair starting to grow back..
Im not yet convinced that I have a winning formula to remove hair permanently but so far looks promising..
Yesterday I bought some hair removal cream (and went against the advice on the label) and spread it all over my legs , buttocks , genital area , over the few hairs I had on my chest , and also did my underarms..
I couldn't believe how easy it removes the hair and although I love the smooth feeling that Im experiencing right now I will probably let the hair regrow onto my legs for now , and keep my attention onto permanently removing any regrowing hair around the pubic area..

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  01:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
being nude and smooth is alright but when you are clothed it can certainly itch and break out your skin,have tried it several times but doesn't seem to be for me .I keep my pubic area trim and have always shave my scrotum area as it does not seem to itch,it also stays cool and doesn't sweat weather i'm clothed or nude,of course I prefer being naked.......
"Be naked - Be Alive- Enjoy Life Naturally"

mugwert
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  09:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried smooth, but unless your going to do the upkeep, it can really itch. I keep my chest and stomach trimmed short and then have a long patch just above my shaft, everything else (lower) is shaved smooth. I personally enjoy the landing strip look on a lady, but totally smooth on a lady is very very nice.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  8:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skyhawk:

Great to have you on the board, and welcome.

I have already posted and welcome you on the other thread.

My wife and I are right now "SMOOTH", but we are getting itching to go back to a "FULL BUSH LOOK", but we said that we would stay smooth until "Labor Day"!

We were at Solair on Saturday, and it appears more and more of the females are going with the "smooth" look but the males are staying with the full pubic look.

I realized that I was one of the few males with the "smooth look".

We were going out there this weekend, but it looks like showers, rain for the Sat. and Sunday.

We hopefull will try to get our their for a couple of weekends in August, and spend Saturday of Labor Day Weekend there, and come home and have our annual Labor Day Party.

"Just remember we are here for only a short time, so let's have a great time.

Cookie

jeanluc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  1:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chemotherapy took all my hair for several months, but I have been natural other than that. I will admit to liking it, but it just wasn't something that was done in the midwest back in the early 90's and I tend to do what appeases my wife.
I enjoy my wife shaved, but she won't keep it up because she thinks her ob/gyn will think her odd. Besides she says pubic hair gives him an indication of her hormone level. Does any woman out there know if this is true. I still will trim her when I get the chance and she doesn't object too much.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  1:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife felt the same way about going to the doctor, and the first time she went and she was comp. shaved, he did not even bat an eyelash.

When she has the "full bush" which is the majority of the time, she has been either a blonde, red, light auburn, dark auburn, and licorce.

Nothing has ever been said.

Right now we are both smooth!

Cookie

RVDUDE
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  2:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skyhawk

Hi - I'm new here (just posted my story in the "Hello friends" thread) but I had to skim through this thread too and, well, my wife is Brazilian. 'Nuff said..?

So what does Brazililian mean?

i guess for some of us it's not 'nuff said.
i need a little more to understand.
dumb me.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  2:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I myself just let my pubic hair grow naturally, and I see no reason to trim or shave. It is comfortable both clothed and unclothed. It looks natural.

I don't care what anybody else does, male or female. A true nudist accepts each person's body as it is.

Naturally, Lester

bigd5477

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  01:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went smooth 4yrs ago,and now I wish I had done it years ago. Cause in the summertime it's a lot cooler.

Keeping it smooth,
Bigd5477

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  7:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by catbird

I myself just let my pubic hair grow naturally, and I see no reason to trim or shave. It is comfortable both clothed and unclothed. It looks natural.

I don't care what anybody else does, male or female. A true nudist accepts each person's body as it is.

Naturally, Lester

I eat my words. Some of you have persuaded me. Today, I shaved my pubic area, with my Norelco electric razor. To some extent I shaved my shaft and testicles, but I nicked myself there. The skin on the sex organs is sensitive. I will probable let the hair grow on my sex organs.

In my other recent entry, my sentiment was I was afraid to try it. It isn't that hard.

It came to me that years ago I tried unconventional head hair styles. I wore a pony tail for eight years and then had it cut off. Then in the late sixties, I let my hair grow long.

Also that decision to go smooth is reversible. In October, I probably will let my pubic hair grow naturally, unless I find real benefits to going smooth.

Naturally, Lester

Page: of 43 Topic Next Topic: Newbie  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.44 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved