Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 183 ]  [ Total: 183 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudism - Supporting Family Values / Mental Health
 Raising a Nude Family
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Introducing older teens to Naturism ??
Page: of 2

singledad

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  08:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Send singledad a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm divorced, have custody of my three teenagers - two girls (19 & 15) and one son. I introduced the possibility of being a nudist family about 5 years ago. My girls have readily taken to it and enjoy nudity in the house and going to resorts. My son however has yet to be totally comfortable with the lifestyle and won't join us at resorts. Does anyone have ideas on how to help me acquire more comfort in the lifestyle?

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  1:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You didn't mention how old your son is. You only mentioned how old the girls are. Why was that?

Perhaps the young man feels intimidated by his two sisters. Just a guess.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  3:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Bob's sensitive antennae have detected something dubious here. Aside from Bob's astute observation, I have to wonder why anyone would have custody of a 19 year old? And a 63 year old man with a 15 year old daughter? Well ... maybe. And why does singledad want "ideas on how to help ME acquire more comfort" when he says it's his son who has the problem?

Maybe this is totally legit, and I'm just a cynical old S.O.B. I'd be happy to be proved wrong. But the entire post just doesn't quite ring true to me.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  4:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Doc, this post is weird.

Fellow cynic,
Jenn

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  10:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My BS detector was triggered also, but sometimes a troll post can start a real discussion.

The best/easiest way to raise a nude family is to start from birth. The kids won't even realize they are naked until they become pre-adolescent and their textile friends tell them how "weird" it is. Then you are in for a few tough years.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  10:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree I have seen some really good discussions over a topic that was started by a troll post.

Diger

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  11:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The situation the OP described, although perhaps phantasmagorical (that's my fancy word for the day :) in his case, is actually not entirely uncommon in the real world.
I remember a Dear Abby (or Dear someone) article some time ago about a young man complaining that his sister went nude at home; and in spite of his protests, she pretty much thumbed her nose at him and continued going nude at home. Their mother supported the daughter entirely; although she did not go nude throughout the house as the daughter did, she'd encouraged a clothefree home environment as the kids grew up. It was the son who'd turned away from it; and now was complaining about it.
Likewise, or nearly so, I had a friend who was raising her daughter and stepson - who were about the same age. She put up a fence in her backyard, and declared it a "nude zone." Her daughter ran with it; her stepson did not. My friend went nude only in the backyard; her daughter would disrobe in her room and just walk nude through the house, kitchen and into the backyard. The stepson's complaints got more and more pressing, until it reached a full-on altercation. It actually turned into a fairly stressful situation.

So it does happen that a family member is not "in the same place" when it comes to comfort with nudity; be it mere discomfort or a more pronounced opposition. As far as how to deal with it...I've got no idea. It seems compromise might be an answer; but I don't see how it can work without "confining" or hiding nudity.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  10:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It seems odd to me that a family member that was raised nudist would get an attitude over another’s nudity but I guess it could happen. In your friends case it may have been more issues about being a stepchild than the actual nudity.

Even though our boys became shy with their nudity they never have had a problem with their Mom and me being nude. They still have no problem with us seeing them after a shower but they just don't run around the house naked like we do.

Diger

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  04:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Where did the OP go? Just wondering. I would frequent a topic that I had started to see what people were saying, and then post some more with follow up questions and statements.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  08:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont get the big deal, not all family members are ok with nudity/nudism. I am proof of this I have some relatives whom do not mind my nudity at all and others who freak out at idea of it.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  1:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The OP does seem to have wandered off. It's possible that he gave up in righteous indignation because several of us questioned his bona fides. Either that, or he couldn't find anyone to trade pictures with.

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  2:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

The OP does seem to have wandered off. or he couldn't find anyone to trade pictures with.

You are such a negative nilly!!

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  8:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well it's hard to believe teens being nudist,mine took flight at ages 12 but i have seen where others still have teens as nudist and my dad was 52 yoa when i was born so anything is possible. i am always suspecious when their very first post is one they start and it is always a question along these lines.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  9:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bob,

Our kids did the same at about that age, I wish we had taken them to some nudist venues to meet other nudist kids. I truely believe that would have made a world of difference.

Diger

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  9:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
diger we were members of the same nudist camp for over 10 years they had nudist friends their age they pretty much grew up with and yes when they hit the teen years they also lost interest and disappeared. i think it's a common thing one of my kids both over 25 yoa now is completely turned off by nudism the other one is ok with it but has other interest. i do think it was a positive learning experience for them something i wish i could have experienced.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  10:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
don't know if anyone remembers the documentary on tv last year i think where parents had a travel trailer in a nudist camp in south florida raising two boy than 15 and 12 yoa i think, the 15 year old was turned off but the 12 year old loved it, the only negatives i saw was they were homeschool so that they seemed to isolate them and the 15 year old wasn't ccomfortable with his enviroment, i grew up in south florida being raised in a adult 55+ community so i can kinda relate - yeah your only a kid once.i wish they would do a followup on the story.

Page: of 2 Topic Next Topic: Introducing older teens to Naturism ??  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.77 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved