Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 142 ]  [ Total: 142 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 What is a "true" nudist?
 What do you think of this? (Nudism naughty, kinky)
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How to become a true nudist? Topic Next Topic: Varying Degrees of Lifestyle
Page: of 2

NudistShe

Posted - 11/27/2012 :  9:46:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit NudistShe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nudism is associated with being naughty, arousing, sexually charged, kinky, a fringe faction. But the ability to take a walk, swim, chat, relax in the hot tub with others or play volleyball naked has amazing body-liberating qualities.

[Edited by - Admin to change title from What do you think of this? to What do you think of this? (Nudism naughty, kinky). Please, no ambiguous titles.]

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  3:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talk about 'preaching to the choir'!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  5:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think when ANYONE automatically thinks or states that being nude/naked is "naughty or kinky" ... they aren't really thinking much. As Doc stated ... the choir has been singing these words for some time now.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  10:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
But there is more than one nudist resort muddying the waters on this point. A local resort, L----, recently had a "bondage workshop" with an instructor teaching how to tie special knots/ropes to increase a partner's bliss. This is all well and good for people into such things, but I thought it a bit odd for a nudist resort to actively promote such event. And of course there are also the "naughty nightie/lingerie/adults-only" nights at this resort and others. I guess this is where wearing clothes (or ropes) takes you. I'm no prude, but I think this sort of thing sends the message to textiles that yes, you were correct, kinky things DO go on at nudists resorts. You never hear of the local VFW have bondage nights, for example...

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  11:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NudistShe

Nudism is associated with being naughty, arousing, sexually charged, kinky, a fringe faction. But the ability to take a walk, swim, chat, relax in the hot tub with others or play volleyball naked has amazing body-liberating qualities.

[Edited by - Admin to change title from What do you think of this? to What do you think of this? (Nudism naughty, kinky). Please, no ambiguous titles.]

PEOPLE are associated with all that stuff whether clothed or naked. People, all people, are inherently sexual beings. I see no problem with it and no reason to deny basic human nature. Besides, its fun whether naked or clothed.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  7:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Knows

quote:
Originally posted by NudistShe

PEOPLE are associated with all that stuff whether clothed or naked. People, all people, are inherently sexual beings. I see no problem with it and no reason to deny basic human nature. Besides, its fun whether naked or clothed.

Absolutely ...

There is no problem with it! The problem is when a resort caters to or invites certain sexually charged groups to visit, use, takeover their club or resort and does not tell those of us that would rather not visit at that time ... about it.

The other problem is that certain resorts either call themselves "nudist resorts" or "family nudist resorts" and they are far from either of those. If they are going to cater to certain sexually charged groups ... then they should be honest with the general public and to nudists that are NOT into that and state that they are a resort where clothing is optional and the atmosphere is sexually charged. BUT ... they do NOT want to do that. They don't want the general public to know what they are really doing behind the gates and they all hide behind the "nudist resort" blanket of wholesome, non sexual environment.

People get the wrong idea about us because "we" don't hold some of these place accountable to the truth. Nudists come from all walks of life and interests. We are all sexual beings but some, many, most don't care to be around others that feel the need to preform sexual acts in front of others. I have no doubt that a number of nudists are also, voyeurs, exhibitionists and enjoy watching or participating in these activities but there are also a great number of us that would prefer not to and instead of being truthful with those that do not ... some resorts have not been forthcoming and we have been subjected to "takeovers" without our knowledge and subsequently ... they've lost our business and a great many others that they had done this to as well. All while continually hiding behind the "nudist/naturist" label.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  2:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now regarding bondage workshops and lingerie dances, we've always seen the latter as quite normal for American nudist resorts. Not the former.

It's a tough place to find a bright line. We have many friends that wear lingerie at the nudist resort dance, since the establishment has no problems with it. Their choice of clothing in this case is more an act of celebrating freedom than a sexual pickup signal. These are close friends, and we know their intent and reputation. Wearing and dancing in lingerie can sometimes simply be a form of expression.

A bondage exhibition/workshop, however, I think most would agree is a bit outside of the bounds of expression within a nudist context and more into a sexual or hedonistic fetish.

When in doubt, I always have a look at the resort's reputation among bloggers. They often tell the truth. Another factor is the resort's willingness to brand their advertising toward the sexual crowd. That's not a nudist resort.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  11:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lingerie thing doesn't bother me too much. In fact, it doesn't bother us hardly at all. Sometimes the Prof wants to be part of the party but feels like being covered. She doesn't want to wear a robe but a lace nightie or lace cover up ... or sheer sarong works for her comfort level at the time.

Some of the lingerie we've seen is "interesting" but ... nonetheless fun and ... to each their own. The whole place never gets too crazy and what's funny is that so many of the women will go around and ask each other ... "where you buy that!?"

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  09:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think many nudist women "dig" these events more often than they'd perhaps like to admit. I think it taps into their sense of fashion - moreso than their sense of sexy (which often tie into each other anyway.)

I was sitting by the pool once at a C/O resort with the x, when a woman wearing a one-piece bathing suit started demonstrating to a friend that her bathing suit could be unfastened at the crotch and rolled up, essentially turning into a bottomless bathing suit. She was going to wear it at that evening's soiree. I thought that was just stupid. I turned to the x, who was actually smiling at the lady and nodding. She then turned to me and just said: "That's cute!" Eh?! By the time I'd even caught on to the purpose of the bathing suit, my x had already thought about all the ways it could be fashionably worn: with or without sarong around the hips; rolled up of left hanging down; etc, etc...
When she did wear a sarong, she also had interesting and creative ways of wearing it; tied to the side and open on her flanc, tied around her neck with the front open, or neatly folded and tied around her hips as a long form-fitting skirt.
I think it comes from dressing and undressing Barbie dolls as kids! :)

In spite of my "pro-nude when practical" proclivity, I think there is room for creative fashion in nudism. It is about expression.

Edited by - Nudony on 12/06/2012 09:11:15 AM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  5:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I didn't get, at one resort we visited, was the women dressed in almost nothing type lingerie and their male partners ... COMPLETELY dressed in slacks, dress shoes, socks, shirts and coats ... some even wore a tie!!!! ... at a "nude resort!"

Now that, I thought was stupid! It was cold outside. We were staying at the resort and walked to the main building with the front desk, restaurant, bar, disco ... so we did cover up to get there but once there ... I took off the shirt and sarong, the Prof took off the top but kept the sarong on. The place was crawling with guys in suits and their female partners ... undressed to the nines! LOL

The environment and mood was way passed wholesome and family oriented. We took as much as we could and retired to the room to watch a movie and go to sleep. The next day, the place cleared out and we had a better time with regulars and residents.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  8:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am VERY much against ANY and ALL lingerie being both worn and sold at nudist resorts. BAN it all period.

This lifetime nudist wife and mom feels very strongly about this topic. The sole purpose of lingerie is to evoke and stir up a sexual element. That is its ONLY purpose. So what message are "family oriented resorts" sending when they allow women to walk around in thigh highs and leather corsets? It has no place in a family resort..or I should say resorts/clubs that pride themselves on being family oriented.

I still maintain that the whole purpose of nudist clubs in general has to be: A place where like minded folks who share the love of being clothes free to hang out. Despite all the odd forms of dress many of us see at our current clubs. To the credit of nudists in general, I have noticed more going nude at my home club these days...not all, but more.

Jenn

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  8:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...and I've ALSO noticed that "our" club has a "Leather and Lace" event. What's going on there?

Not ALL lingerie is "bad", in my opinion, we all have our own ... what if your club had a "formal" night and instead of getting "dressed" , you wanted to put something on besides a dress and still be somewhat naked. It can work and it doesn't have to be ALL or nothing. A really nice lace slip and sandles, or lace dress...does that envoke sex throughout?

I understand what you're saying ... my opinion is just that it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Edited by - FireProf on 12/06/2012 9:07:25 PM

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  9:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing is I don't want to get "dressed" Our family and friends just prefer to be naked. Back in the day nudism was nudism..not all of these hybrid forms. We have three adult daughters, who were more raised as "old school nudists" for lack of a better term. They are all young adults in their 20s and think all of the lingerie is weird and always have. when our girls were young my husband and I heard a lot of" mom why is that lady wearing that..doesn't she just want to be naked"?

Jenn

baie rouge nudists
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  9:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudism is about being and feeling a sense of freedom and liberation. Enjoying walking, swimming, and other outdoor activities is part of the fun and the freedom. We love doing these things at the beach or in a naturist environment. As for lingerie, that is an extension of being a woman and having fun. Yes, it is seductive to a man and many women enjoy its allure as well as an extension of their freedom and power as a woman to express themselves. Agreed, it should not be worn at a venue which promotes "family" nudism, but there is nothing wrong with it being worn in an adults only or couples nude environment. As a couple, we do sometimes walk around in our underwear and feel the same joy and liberation of being nude. If we are ever approached by a couple who "want to play", we simply decline and say that we love each other and it's not our thing. We enjoy ourselves as nudists and not as lifestylers. Some lingerie is way too much and does blur the line of nudity and swinger.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  10:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

The thing is I don't want to get "dressed" Our family and friends just prefer to be naked. Back in the day nudism was nudism..not all of these hybrid forms. We have three adult daughters, who were more raised as "old school nudists" for lack of a better term. They are all young adults in their 20s and think all of the lingerie is weird and always have. when our girls were young my husband and I heard a lot of" mom why is that lady wearing that..doesn't she just want to be naked"?

Jenn

I understand and your family's upbringing is one I wished we were able to mimick but ... it didn't happen.

I guess you don't partake in any of the "dress up" events at the club? Halloween, Christmas party, "theme nights" ... it's not your thing ... I can appreciate that. But ... if we decided to go and put a little something on to partake ... hope you don't hold that against us ... we're still nudists!

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  12:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with Jenn on this one. Why go to a nudist resort to play dress-up? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's just more stuff to pack.

I get Jenn's point that lingerie's main function is erotic provocation, but I don't quite share her indignation. Frankly, it's a little difficult for me to see the same women I've spent all day with naked by the pool as somehow extra-sexy when they add some lingerie.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: How to become a true nudist? Topic Next Topic: Varying Degrees of Lifestyle  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.43 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved