Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 417 ]  [ Total: 417 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 What is a "true" nudist?
 How to become a true nudist?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Im so Confused Topic Next Topic: What do you think of this? (Nudism naughty, kinky)  

iinfotech10

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  06:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Naked at home.
Rid yourself of cultural myths about nudity.
Sleep in the nude.
Wait to dress after showering.
Go nude whenever your house is warm.

2. Try a Nude Beach
Locate a nude beach to visit once you are comfortable being nude at home.
Look around rather than averting your gaze.

3. Visit a Nudist Club or Resort
Understand that most nudist clubs and resorts are family-friendly places and are not focused on sexuality.

nudieboy and jenni
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2017 :  08:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just Do It!

nudeman16
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2017 :  11:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
be nude with or around family members while growing up helps too

Shaun Manuel Sigala

Edited by - nudeman16 on 04/26/2017 10:52:09 PM

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2017 :  07:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudeman16

be nude with or around family members while growing up helps too

I'm sure that would have helped, but some of us were not so fortunate. My parents were up-tight about bodies. Being seen naked in my family was a "fate worse than death." I learned to be naked by myself going outside at night and in the mountains. The at age 18 I found someone's stash of SUN and Health Magazines and learned that nudism existed. It took me another 20 years to find some actual nudists. That was before Internet searches.

Naked is green.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2017 :  10:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being loved and raised by nudist parents isn't always guarantee that you'll grow up to be a nudist. Our girls were allowed to be nude anywhere and everywhere in the house and in the backyard. They partook completely but stopped during their pre-teen years. They did revisit nudism some 20 years later but still, to this day, don't live as nudists like we do.

My wife and I have long believed that nudism is an inherent trait, something within your DNA. It's a need and desire for me, less so for my wife but she has that need and desire, nonetheless. Being a nudist is something we've always been. We didn't say, one day, "I think I'll become a nudist." Our daughters, raised as nudists, didn't remain in the lifestyle. We continued and expanded our lifestyle and took it social, made close friends, joined a club and visit nude venues whenever we travel for weekends or longer. Not because it's something nudists do ... because that's what we need or desire.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2017 :  10:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree 100% FP!

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2017 :  10:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think like others, I have always enjoyed being nude whenever possible, but was limited! As I got a little older and more mobile, I was able to find locations where being nude was OK. During my working years, I was limited as to when/where I could be nude, but still it was always in the back of my mind. Now that I am retired, I find that I am looking for more venues to be nude. I enjoy working in the garden, doing yard work, just working outside, camping and hiking in the nude when ever possible. Some people that know me and know that I enjoy the nudist life style understand. Some of them do not and choose not to have much to do with me. That is Ok, I have thick skin.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/17/2017 :  1:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the vast majority of nudists do all we can to be nude whenever and wherever possible. The older we have become, we seem to want to be dressed less and less and look for reasons not to put on clothes and go out. We absolutely love having our girls, son in laws and grandkids over all the time and as much as they'd like but are relieved when they drive away and we resume our natural state of living.

True nudism is something different to many nudists. Nudism in itself isn't sexual but some nudists enjoy adding that to their brand of nudism. Nudism isn't about exhibitionism, fetishes, personal grooming. It's not about sharing bathrooms with both sexes, it's not about being able to walk around with an erection or wearing genital jewelry ... it's a philosophy and way of life. If you believe in the philosophy and that way of life, then you are a nudist but a true nudist lives by that philosophy and doesn't try and hide their ulterior motives for being naked, behind nudism with such things as being a "lifestyler." Believe in the philosophy first. If you need or desire to add something to that philosophy to make it more palatable, maybe true nudism isn't what you're looking for.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 04/17/2017 1:39:40 PM

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/17/2017 :  5:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

What FP said!!

FP, your summary is pretty much on the money in my opinion. There is a lot of stuff on this site and others about peoples personal ideas and preferences, maybe that makes them feel good or ok. Seems to me however to be a distraction generally, if they want others to look at them, it will happen anyway.

I'm not from a nudist family but the first time I got my gear off at a nude beach I felt something (well the first time was exciting and something I did on holidays with a mate) that this is honest and open but I felt it was something for me. It seemed right.

I'd like us to put our energies towards trying to make sure our CO beaches are somewhere that more women were comfortable and they dodgy types that harass them were not welcome. The same for the types that go there to try to hook up for sex in the dunes with others, surely there are other ways to do that, it gives our beaches a seedy reputation that I for one don't want them to have.

Cheers, SBN.

TallTim
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  10:00:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iinfotech10

1. Naked at home.
Rid yourself of cultural myths about nudity.
Sleep in the nude.
Wait to dress after showering.
Go nude whenever your house is warm.

2. Try a Nude Beach
Locate a nude beach to visit once you are comfortable being nude at home.
Look around rather than averting your gaze.

3. Visit a Nudist Club or Resort
Understand that most nudist clubs and resorts are family-friendly places and are not focused on sexuality.

That's fairly close to how it worked for me since I was a kid in the 70"s.

As kids running for x-country in the Ohio woods it turned into "dare you streaks" which turned into nude runs and skinny dipping. Remember, this was before the new fabrics, just good old cotton. I was always the first to strip and the last to dress. Turned into a lifestyle.

Tim

Previous Topic: Im so Confused Topic Next Topic: What do you think of this? (Nudism naughty, kinky)  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.15 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved