Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 184 ]  [ Total: 184 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Skinny Dipping
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Interior decor 2 combat wintertime depression????? Topic Next Topic: Anyone ever get self conscious?
Page: of 8

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  05:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Kim, In a relationship, I always thought alcohol came before communication? Maybe thats why mine never seem to last? ;-)

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  07:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think your right about that johnny59, most people really are not offended by it, even though they may not want to do it themselves. I have talked with textiles at the beach, they think its cool that people go nude, but they are too self concious themselves to try it.

Kim =^.^=

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  11:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Kim,

its interesting to think that naturism is only based purely on self-confidence. Does that mean that the most confident people in the world are all naturists?

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

rockinghorse61
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  11:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think that self-conscious is the opposite of confident. If the most confident people in the world were all naturists, we would see a lot of famous people into naturism.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  01:16:35 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree rockinghorse. You can be quite confident in yourself, but still be self-conscious. In the last year I've become far more self-confident than I've ever been in my life, largely because of finally ending a horibbly miserable 27 year marriage to a verbally abusive and unsupportive woman.

But I'm self-conscious about my appearance in that I make great efforts to maintain myself physically.

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 11/23/2003 01:18:09 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  01:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats true nudeisntlude, I think most people are concerned about their appearance, and how they will be accepted.

Kim =^.^=

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  03:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kimberly,

You are correct as far as most people my wife and I have talked to about naturism. Most everyone of them has replied that they don't have the body to go naked, but if they lost a few pounds and started working out, they might give it a try.

I have a co-worker that believes that there are nothing but Playboy Bunnies types walking around and lying on the beach. When I told him that most are just average people like himself and his wife, he said, then why go...who wants to see those kinds of bodies.

These people miss the whole philosophy, and meaning of naturism. It is an ongoing process trying to get them to understand why we do what we do and love it.

PS...do you mind being called Kim or do you prefer Kimberly?

Edited by - FireProf on 11/23/2003 03:19:08 AM

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  03:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think very few people go for the sightseeing. Let's face it, who minds when its good? But the real attraction for me is the water, the beach and the feeling of freedom. I bet it keeps a lot of the voyeurs out. They probably don't come back since it isn't the playboy mansion after all.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  04:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
FireProf;

I felt the same way when my hubby tried to get me to go to a nudist club for the first time. I was worried I was too fat, my breasts too small, or people would stare. I found out that was not the case, there were people of all different ages, sizes, and shapes, and they were friendly and made me feel comfortable. I have yet to see any of the playboy types, maybe I am not going to the right beaches. lol If people are going there to just to see good looking bodies, then your right, they are missing the boat.

Kim is fine thats what most people call me. If I don't get back to Cinderela my nane will be mud!

Kim =^.^=

Cinderela
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  04:18:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes indeed.

As for the discussion, I like seeing regular people. It's calming to know that people are comfortable with their bodies. Very very few people are thin skinny and good looking in the way magazines and TV show people and if they are then it usually only lasts for a while.

Skinny dipping is what exactly? A textiles version of naturism where they take a dip nude. I say all the better. The more skinny dipping they do, the more they'll enjoy the lifestyle. In conclusion, skinny dipping is good.

That sounded like a half assed essay, but I tried.

*chuckle*
a portrait of the older more dignified Cinderela

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  07:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The name 'skinny dipping' does imply that you have to be skinny to do the dipping. Maybe this is why people assume you have to have a perfect body to be nude? Just a thought.

Melissa

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  07:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I do not know where the term came from either, lol. I have always heard it about people swimming in the nude. I think all kids have done it one time or an other.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  08:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skinny dipping is great. I did it as a teenager and colege student. I think that if more people would go to a nude beach or resort and they would see that people can be comfortable and social without clothing. Plus, they would realize that your body size and shape,how you trim your hair, etc does not matter.

irishred

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually, I never skinny-dipped until my first nude swim on November 1st of this year. Sad, isn't it?

Melissa

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  10:22:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, it's never too late to start!

irishred

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Interior decor 2 combat wintertime depression????? Topic Next Topic: Anyone ever get self conscious?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.5 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved