Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 517 ]  [ Total: 517 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Interior decor 2 combat wintertime depression?????
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How do you hug a nudist? Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dipping
Page: of 2

Conster74
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  08:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Conster74's Homepage  Send Conster74 an AOL message  Click to see Conster74's MSN Messenger address  Send Conster74 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else suffered from Seasonal Affective Disorder? I do, and I get a real bad case of cabin fever about this time of year...

The boyfriend and I took turns painting the bathroom which had brown wood paneling before combined with ugly wallpaper. It was totally demoralizing. Now, its electric blue, my landlord says it looks like a big bowl of water. We hung a nautical decorative net and put stuffed animals like lobsters and turtles in there. I stand in my bathroom and I don't feel depressed, I feel calm, collected, and centered. I really believe Martha Stewart would be jealous.
Has anyone else tackled a home improvement project to beat the wintertime blues, especially where adding a nice color with a fresh coat of paint is concerned??

Conster

When you're a nudist, life's a beach! :-)

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  08:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you really want to get creative think dried large fish scales. I've seen hanging decorations made from this stuff. Add the right kind of light bulb and it creates a nice light. Look for light bulbs that make a more natural light. You have a beach ball around the house? Inflate it and keep in the bathroom for the beach look and feel.

Conster74
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  08:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Conster74's Homepage  Send Conster74 an AOL message  Click to see Conster74's MSN Messenger address  Send Conster74 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about fish decoupage appliques (yeah I know, too much French in there) and painting some fish, and maybe even a sleeping Godzilla in the corner

When you're a nudist, life's a beach! :-)

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  12:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah,

We get into redecorating the interior or our house when it's too cold to go outside or work outside. We have lots to do yet. We paint, wallpaper, etc. and to make it more enjoyable we do it nude.

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  1:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anything to break the mid-winter blues

Just me, Willy

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  5:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Conster, I know what you are talking about with the SAD. I not sure if home improvement projects will help reduce SAD, but I do know more light in your home will help. Your average light bulbs and lights do not generate enough light to compensate for winter's reduced sunlight. Add a couple of more lights in your more frequently used rooms. Hopefully that will help.

irishred

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  8:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you need light colors, plants, a lot of light and heat. and some lively music doesnt hurt either.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  8:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you need light colors, plants, a lot of light and heat. and some lively music doesnt hurt either.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  03:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Paint a big shinning sun on the wall, sky blue ceilling, palm trees and ocean scene on the other walls, sand coloured carpet!

Kim =^.^-

Edited by - Kimberly on 02/27/2004 02:52:38 AM

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  10:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I'll try something new, paint myself gray go outside and pretend to be a rock (as long as its not too cold)

Just me, Willy

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  02:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Or you could paint yourself white Willy, and pretend to be an ice sickle.

Kim =^.^=

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  04:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Conster,

I think a lot of us get SAD. I don't think it is at all uncommon. Lightening up a room really helps. When I bought my house, the rec-room in the basement was anything but entertaining and inviting. The walls were covered in dark paneling and there is only a small window in that room. Even with the lights on, it was dark and dreary. I painted it a light blue, and now the light reflects to the most distant corners from the window. Instant cheer. They say that blue is a calming color too. I think that sometimes any change in scenery will uplift you.

Randy

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  07:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Conster74

Has anyone else suffered from Seasonal Affective Disorder? I do, and I get a real bad case of cabin fever about this time of year...
're a nudist, life's a beach! :-)

I used to feel it a lot more in the midwest then in Colorado. I spent some time in Germany living at a hotel with a Pool/Sauna/Sunroom (filled with lights) in the basement. The Sunroom was often busy.

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  08:17:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the name of that hotel, was it heaven?

Just me, Willy

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  8:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudetoo

the name of that hotel, was it heaven?

Close... Der Winklerbrau... Just off the autobaun between Regansburg and Nuremburg

philzer
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  10:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Conster74

Conster, I remember getting seasonal affective disorder a lot when I was in my early 20's. I lived in a mountainous area, and as beautiful as the mountains are in the spring, summer, and fall, in the winter they take on a dead, desolate quality. Springtime was and still is my favorite time of the year, when everything seems to come back to life. I no longer live in the mountains but near the water, and being married with kids helps ward off the blues for me too.

I like the idea of home improvement projects in the nude, though. I painted our first child's room in the nude, simply because I didn't have to worry about staining my clothes. My wife thought it was funny and took some pictures!

Philzer

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: How do you hug a nudist? Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dipping  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved