Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 433 ]  [ Total: 433 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Discrimination at Nudist Resorts
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Driving nude Topic Next Topic: naked bike ride
Page: of 3

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2012 :  03:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am well acquainted with the discrimination regarding single men. They as welcome, at times, as much as a herd of skunks running through a nudist resort. I have much better luck at Sierra Nevada river nude beaches when it comes to conversing with people, and they're free to frequent. There are no structured classes of people there.

I'm well-mannered, well-spoken, and polite in public, but that doesn't count at all when being around many nudists. Short of going through castration, it's difficult to know how to get past the single man barrier.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  10:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

Easy now. We're all supposed to be on the same team, right? The name-calling just shuts off the rational part of the discussion.

I wish we could hear from some resort owners/managers. My guess is that they are terrified to one degree or another of ending up in court when an incident of pedophilia or rape or sexual harassment happens, or is alleged to have happened, on their watch.

Yep, that's exactly the same bigotry whites only hotels, restaurants, bars, etc., used to say about black men before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlawed discrimination based on race or sex.

Men are the new "niggers."

Nudist resort owners need to end up in court for their flagrant violation of the Civil Rights Act.

Edited by - Bob Knows on 08/26/2012 10:50:01 AM

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  4:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's the way. Keep up the negative comments and threats about law suits. That will certainly gain you admittance to the resorts. Negative attitudes more than anything else will function to keep you out.

Being Naked and Being Real

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  09:26:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, that kind of bigotry cuts their own economic success because many paying customers go somewhere else. Bigotry is not only illegal, its offensive to decent people.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  1:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So ... if a resort's policy restricting admission of unaccompanied men "cuts their own economic success because many paying customers will go somewhere else", then we can assume that those paying customers have indeed gone elsewhere. Surely there must be some highly profitable less-fascist resorts crowded cheek by jowl (so to speak) with happy, free-spending, presumably heterosexual single men. You'd think there would be banner ads ("Single men welcome!") in "N" or the AANR newsletter to tap into the apparently huge market of disgruntled discriminated-against single men. But ... there aren't. Why not?

Here's my not-very-profound theory: Single guys, straight ones at least, don't want to go to resorts that have a lot of single guys. They want to go where the women are. Duh.

This theory has an interesting corollary. If a single man declines to patronize a resort on the grounds that it already has too many single men, is he not in fact discriminating against his own class? But I digress.

The larger issue is that women are drawn to social nudity in far smaller numbers than are men. This forum is awash in plaintive posts from men wondering how to talk their wives or girlfriends into it. The overwhelming majority of (non-swinger) nudist women are in a couples relationship. Single nudist women are a relative rarity. I don't care to get bogged down in the sociology of why this is the case. For whatever reasons, that is the reality, and resort owners cannot ignore it.

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  2:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was a single male nudist I was envious of those nude couples but, also didn't want to be the "third wheel" in their enjoyment of naturism. Of course, I'm the same way with clothes on.
For the most part I think we all agree, there isn't enough females into naturism and newbie females are not eager to disrobe infront of large groups of men. So obviously, any resort that wants to encourage more females to enjoy their resort needs to find that balance of male female patrons.
As a single male nudist I didn't want to pay to go to a resort full of other men so, I accepted it when they told me they were only taking couples or females.
Now that I have a Mrs. Steady to enjoy naturism with, her comfort while enjoying a nudist venue is very important to me. So, I'm happy these resorts have these ratios for the visitors they admit to their premises.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  08:28:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When I have been to nudist resorts, and I'm single, I really never have wanted to do any private poll as to what the ratio of men to women was. Not even a guess-timate. It never mattered to me. All I ever wanted was to be treated as a human being, instead of as a plague on two feet. Shy as I am in person, one would think I'm very tame and safe to be around. I believe the late Mr. Rogers would be seen as aggressive compared to me in some ways.

Married men can be just as socially pathological as single men. Just ask their wife.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  9:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudist clubs/camps have come along ways since i became interested in the nudist lifestyle back in the 70's where i discovered single men were taboo and even in to the 80's and 90's and i guess today to some extent. when i got divorce back in the 90's we were members of a mom & pop nudist camp that allowed some single so when i told the owner about the divorce he looked relieved - guess he wasn't fond of the ex and hoped i was staying a member. nowdays with $$ tight i think they are more accepting of single men. also the popularity of men nudist camps are very popular and who says you have to be gay or bi to visit them, there is one about a hour away with all the amenities of other nudist venues and at less than $10. per visit.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  01:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It really never stops. If you're alone and male, your suspect ... unless the regulars and the residents know you. I just visited our club early this week. Several couples, some single women, married women visiting the pool deck alone. Not a "hello" ... nothing.

Til ... one of the ladies that works there came over and said "hello" and gave me a hug. ALL of a sudden ... I'm everybodies friend! When I got in the pool after an aquaintance and resident showed up, more and more people came over to say "hi" and introduce themselves. But not til regulars of residents did something to show others that I was "ok."

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  08:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since my divorce, I haven't really bothered with resorts. I've transitioned to beach nudism and I'm fine with that.

The reason for that: the difference between what I experienced hanging around the pool area by myself vs. with my nude wife being right next to me was glaring. It was the most glaring on one occasion, when we visited a new resort with some friends. We arrived, settled, and our friend decided to take my wife on a tour and visit some resident-friends of hers. I decided to take a pass and sit by the pool while they walked off. I smiled at people as they walked by, waved at kids...

And it was like I was completely invisible. I was being very deliberately ignored/avoided. And it made me really uncomfortable. Leper-like.

Then my wife and our friend returned; our male friend was still off socializing. So it was now me and two attractive nude women. And NOW people were stopping to talk to us while walking by. One guy plopped down and sat besides us. Then a woman plopped down and sat besides us. And now we were a small group of about 5-6 people. Everyone wanted to know who my wife was; was she going to come back, were we going to join the resort. At one point a couple of teen boys ask my wife, who is sitting on the edge of the pool, to come in and play water polo with them. So now my wife is in the pool with those kids, the Dad comes over to introduce himself; and when my wife gets tired and exits the game, the two boys jump and bear hug her.
And everyone thinks that's just cute. And it was; don't get me wrong. My x had a blast that day. But having been involved in kids' games myself, it reminded me of an episode at our home-resort where it was me chasing two teen girls with nerf balls, and then being grappled by them and tossed in the pool. It made me wonder if people would have taken exception to that situation if they hadn't seen me with my nude wife and daughter.

My x used to joke that once she started going nude all the time at resorts, everyone "wanted to be her new pal." I understand why this happens; and I think it can be great for women's self-esteem and body-acceptance. But as a guy, it kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  10:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i also think its a different atmosphere during the weekday vs the weekend at least the camp i was a member of usually during the weekday there would be between 2-6 nudist and all would gather in one spot and chat but somehow on the weekend you walk in by yourself sometimes and you feel like the couple and single ladies are judging you - and thats where i was a member over 10 years. of course a lot has to do with turn over - sure you got alot of season nudist but alot treat it as a fad for a week maybe a month or a yeear or two. example look at members and see when some last posted. nudism isn't a fad to me but a lifestyle.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  12:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Even though I have occasionally been the recipient of such discrimination, I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and point out that there is some logic/rational behind it. In 30 years of nudism, the altercations I've seen at resorts and beaches have ALL involved single males. We've all seen it: sometimes it's subtle: a guy who plops down next to your wife and takes too many glances. At other times it's more blatant: a guy masterbating on the beach. There's a reason single men are given extra scrutiny.

And it's not just at nudist venues. Single men will sometimes encounter this problem in bars, restaurants, school functions, etc. You are basically under suspicion until proven innocent/safe.

The only way I've found to combat it is to be open, outgoing, cheerful. Make a joke, smile, try to connect with people. Let them see you are one of the good guys. The worse thing you can do is solemnly keep to yourself, glancing up only when a woman walks by.

Life isn't fair, the good are sometimes punished for the behavior of the bad. That's the way the world works; I don't expect it to change anytime soon.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  2:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kinda like living in a neighborhood you always got one that screws it up for the rest of course at a nudist camp or at least the one's i've visited they don't last long but the beach is kinda different , i guess if it's to bad you can call a ranger.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  5:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I've come to realize that calling a ranger is a bad idea. That way it will go on record that "There was yet another problem at the nude beach." That's all the incentive some do-gooder needs to start a crusade to close the beach down. Much better to get some other guys and confront the offender. They almost always leave with their tails between their legs.

rkitek
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2013 :  1:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spent yesterday at Turtle Lake in Union City, Michigan. I didn't really a feel a sense of discrimination, nor did I see any excessive friendliness toward me. Unfortunately, I have never been comfortable talking to people I don't know, clothed or not. I need to push myself to do this. I'll try make a little more effort next time, and see where that gets me.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Driving nude Topic Next Topic: naked bike ride  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved