Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 154 ]  [ Total: 154 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 naked bike ride
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Discrimination at Nudist Resorts Topic Next Topic: Wanted: perfect nude resort  

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  11:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know this has been posted in the past but see they are having a naked bike ride in nyc and chicago this weekend , has anyone ever participated it one - anywhere ? it appears nyc finest may cite you if your totally nude but it is legal in nyc for ladies to go topless. i just think this would be cool but know it will never occur down south - well maybe miami or key west.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  01:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They just had one here in Los Angeles, today. I would participate in a WNBR but probably outta town and in a place that gave significance to the naked bike ride. Places that are truly "green" and "environmentally" consciencious. I live here and I don't think LA's Naked Bike ride is about that. I'd probably do one in OR or WA.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  10:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chicago's WNBR was last night. I went looking for it; but they must have raced through town because I missed them. Not surprising since it was rather chilly last night.

While I support such events as WNBR (it gets people at least thinking about nudity outside of their "comfort zone"), I don't really wish to participate. I like a party atmosphere as much as the next guy; but the hooting and hollering, the picture taking from onlookers and the "crowdiness" are not things I'm entirely comfortable with.
I'm actually fairly "conservative" as a nudist. I prefer to be completely nude, without costumes, fanfare or body paint. And I prefer to not be the only person completely nude, surrounded by people with costumes, body paint or fully dressed. I get when people say "as a nudist it shouldn't matter who is around if you're really comfortable nude"; but I personally don't subscribe to that philosophy.

I was reading an article about a French group of nudists who "took over" a public textile beach (with notice and authorization) to promote nudism. They set up an area near the beach entrance and distributed brochures to visitors. Because of the pro-nudism nature of the endeavor, I could definitely participate in such an event. I didn't make the Madison pre-screening of "Act Naturally"; but I read that people were invited to attend the pre-screening nude; again, had I attended the event I would have gone nude, even if I'd been part of a minority of nude people, because of the pro-nudist nature of the event.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  2:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have it in Vernont every year, hut I've never participated. I was going to this year, but my broken leg prevented that. I'm moving away in 2 months (Vermont is less than 2 hours from me, but will be 7-8 hours away when I move) so I don't know if I'll be able to do it in the next few years.

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  7:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I participated in last year's WNBR in Austin, TX, with my GF and her daughter. I enjoyed it immensely. There were plenty of totally nude riders as well as others that were partially nude and/or body painted. I would do it again if the opportunity arises. This year's event will be next Saturday and I will be out of the state.

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

Previous Topic: Discrimination at Nudist Resorts Topic Next Topic: Wanted: perfect nude resort  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.59 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved