Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 456 ]  [ Total: 456 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Personal Ads - Free!
 Stories - My First Time As A Nudist
 My first nude swim
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My First Social Nude event Topic Next Topic: First Time - In public - in 2012
Page: of 9

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  06:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone...

Well, Saturday night was my first nude swim social.

The drive up was kind of tough- the entire state of NJ is under construction, or so it seemed. There were so many times that I almost turned around came home because I was really scared. So I promised myself that if I went to the event and was nude I could have cheesesteaks for dinner every night this week if I so desired. Cheesesteaks speak to me. LOL

I finally arrived at the swim and nerves set in. But I triumphed and walked in the door. The people at the desk were really nice. I told them it was my first time and they were really warm and helpful. They pointed me towards the locker rooms and off I went. A kind young man was behind me as I walked in and we got to talking. Seeing the men’s room door I told him that his locker room was there. A man passing by noted "This is a nudist event- the locker rooms are co-ed." So the guy went into the women’s locker room with me. There were lots of other men there but I didn’t see any women. Go figure.

The moment of truth had arrived: time to take off my clothes. The guy near me, named Devon, started disrobing like it was the most natural thing in the world. So, with heart beating loudly enough that you probably all heard it, I did likewise. It was soooo weird to be taking off my clothes in front of a guy! I mean, this guy that I had never met was seeing my underwear! But, I did it!

Well, I was nude. And nervous. But I had to keep going. Devon and I went to the pool together and I hopped in. Now THAT was an experience. I was overwhelmed with some kind of body feeling but I wasn’t sure what in the world it was or even if it was good or bad. I just knew it was incredibly POWERFUL. I can tell you now- after talking with a nudist friend- that it was called sensuality and that it was a very good thing!

From the pool we hit the hot tub, had some pizza, and talked to some people. I met a few men who were really WEIRD, but I also met 2 young couples who were incredibly nice. During the evening I also got to play some volleyball, which is VERY fun for me though I’m not too good at it.

There was soooo much that I didn’t expect. First off, I never did forget- even for a minute- that I was nude. Maybe this is just because of my life experiences. Also, I was surprised to see soooo few women there. I mean, I know that there are more male nudists than female, but I was still surprised about the ratio (seemed to be around 10:1 male to female.) This kind of made me uncomfortable. In my ’research’ before going I did look at nude pictures of women, just to know what women were supposed to look like and to see if I looked ’right.’ But I never thought to look for male pictures, so I didn’t really know what men look like without clothes. That, in and of itself, was an experience. Even had I known what men look like, I think the ratio would have scared me a bit just because of who I am and my experiences with men in the past. Not that I’m saying that there should be mandatory gender-balancing at nudist functions, I’m just saying how I felt, ok?

The one big positive of the event was a body-image thing. While there and even now I really feel confident in my body- my body is normal and ok. It helped that I’ve lost 17 pounds since August 1, but seeing other nude women helped me to see that my body is actually decent and normal. This was a HUGE breakthrough for me. And I don’t know that there is any other way that I could have come to this realization.

I had a rough ride home- very tearful and I couldn’t understand why. I still don’t know what’s wrong. It’s been a hard couple of days for me... there are a lot of feelings going on related to the swim and I can’t identify or describe them. I’m hopeful that I’ll be ok again soon.

So... will I go back? I dunno. I never did get to the point of feeling comfortable, but I the sensations of the pool while nude are pretty powerful and invite me back. Maybe there is a club or

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  10:10:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you'll be ok. nudists as a group are nice, protective, and fun, they also cull out the bad boys. also being outdoors better than swim because less confining and a more natural setting. best of luck

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  5:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, a thought for the summer. There is a clothing optional beach in new jersey (Sandy Hook). You might want to explore visiting that beach. It's a great beach, relaxed atmosphere.

Also, with regards to your first pool experience, remember the first time is always the most difficult. If you can do it once, you can do it again!

Red

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  9:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with you both wholeheartedly- outside would be the best! The problem with that is that I live in the great NorthEast and it's cold here. So I'll have to wait until next summer to visit Sandy Hook. It's most definitely on my 'to do' list! I'm attending another nudist event (a Nude Movie event) next Saturday and I'm hoping it's easier for me. Thanks for your encouragement.

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  10:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

Well done, I sincerely hope that you keep going along to the naturist events. I guess the only way we are going to start balancing the genders is to encourage more women to take up the lifestyle. In previous posts I've commented on the lack of activities specifically designed for women. As you're new to naturism, your comments on this subject would be very interesting.

PS I love your avatar!

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Edited by - Spontanudity on 11/07/2003 10:13:43 PM

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  10:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've yet to find any activities in my area for nudist women, though I've heard of some in other areas. At this point I'm too new to nudism to adequately plan an event... but watch out world when I finally get the hang of nudism!!! As a teacher, I get the summers off so I can do quite a bit of traveling during the summer (or even on extended breaks) to take part of nudist womens events. I'm also interested in going to single nudist events... ok, any nudist events with people like me. There is a particular club down in South Carolina that I'm hoping to visit either at Christmas break or in the summer... I can't wait!

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  11:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

With all that time off work, you'll have to plan a trip Down-Under. We're always welcoming of fellow naturists and our beaches are amongst the best in the world!

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

CoolNude72
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  8:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Send CoolNude72 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I have fond memories of Sandy Hook. Ever since I moved away, that is truely the one place I miss terribly. I havent been there in couple of years and I am not sure how I will take seeing a different skyline of the city now that twin towers is gone. But I may come up next summer to visit family and friends and make many trips back to Sandy Hook

Ray

Dan1208
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  9:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Dan1208 an AOL message  Click to see Dan1208's MSN Messenger address  Send Dan1208 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa, nice report of your first "event".

Congratulations! I'm glad you finally made it; and I agree with the others that the first time is the most difficult. I trust your future experiences will be more comfortable.

And, btw, I really enjoy reading your posts... keep it up.

Naturally, Dan :)

Rahul7009
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  12:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Rahul7009 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa!

Congrats and cheers!
I understand its quite hard the first time.

~~[({<RAHUL>})]~~

Fred3
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  09:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fred3 an ICQ Message  Send Fred3 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa, Congrats on your first time and taking that initial big step.

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  6:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The first time IS awful hard, but I've been told by some that (and I quote this) "You're a brave chicadoodle." It was a big step, but I'll live. I truly am looking forward to my next nudist event. It'll probably be a lot more comfortable than the swim. If nothing else, there will be a greater degree of gender balance. Plus, I've talked to some of the people and they seem great.

Dan- Thanks so much for your encouragement. I get so much out of reading the boards and I'm glad that I can be an asset.

Fred- LOVE the avatar!

Melissa

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  07:44:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa;

Congratulations on your first nude swim. The first step is always the hardest, it just gets easier from here on out.

Kim =^.^=

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  08:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Well, now you get details of my SECOND nude event! (I promise not to continue to the event-by-event action when I get to my hundredth event LOL) The event was "Saturday Nude at the Movies" with a small group in Southern NJ (around 45 minutes away from me.) I'd been talking to Tom from the group in long e-mails for a week or so before the event and, of couse, knew of Cheef Dan beforehand. The event was FABULOUS! It had to be the most healing and moving night of my life. All of the people were wonderful and it was as if we were old friends. The group was very accepting of me and took the time to get to konw me as well as offering to let me know them. We had dinner together, enjoyed the hot tub, watched movies, and spent hours talking. Within an hour or so I forgot that I was nude among people I'd just met- I was simply comfortable with friends. Self-consciousness didn't even factor in. I was aware at many times that the people around me were nude, but I got over it quickly. It just wasn't a big deal, you know? They even presented me with a turtle necklace, which everyone in the group has. Receiving the necklace made me feel a part of the group. Simply put, last night I learned what nudism is all about- accepting others, being friendly, having a good time, getting to know one another, and being comfrotble. And, of course, not having to loosen your belt after dinner :) I'm still in la-la land at the wonder, beauty, naturalness (yes, I know that's not a word), and sheer joy that I was a part of last night. I'm hooked- My name is Melissa and I'm a nudist for life!

Melissa

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  08:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
melissa, sounds like you are loving life now.
Good for you!!

irishred

Dan1208
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  11:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Dan1208 an AOL message  Click to see Dan1208's MSN Messenger address  Send Dan1208 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa, thanks for another great report. It sounds like you had a good time and it was a very comfortable setting for you. How wonderful for you.

Besides all that, glad you enjoyed yourself!!

Naturally, Dan :)

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: My First Social Nude event Topic Next Topic: First Time - In public - in 2012  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved